PDA

View Full Version : Front Sway bar

mko
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Finally found what was making the noise in my suspension - the sway bar bushings are worn out. I unbolted the end links and that thing was wobbling as hell, so Im going for aftermarket and I was wondering if anyone knew the size of the sway bar. I did little research and found that 2G eclipses come with three sizes - 18mm, 19mm and 20mm, but didnt find anything about my 94 Galant. any recommendations?

WarmAndSCSI
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Don't up-size the front swaybar unless you want more understeer.

DOHCstunr
01-27-2008, 03:35 AM

i think he just wants to replace the bushings, but doesn't know what size the factory galant front bar is.
he wants to know what size bushings to buy

i'm pretty sure its 17mm. but before you go order parts.

i'd take an open end wrench, and find the size wrench that fits the bar perfectly.

its what i did to determine the size of my RMDSM bars when it came time to replace the bushings.

jimskin4
01-27-2008, 06:23 PM

i think he just wants to replace the bushings, but doesn't know what size the factory galant front bar is.
he wants to know what size bushings to buy

i'm pretty sure its 17mm. but before you go order parts.

i'd take an open end wrench, and find the size wrench that fits the bar perfectly.

its what i did to determine the size of my RMDSM bars when it came time to replace the bushings.\
do you still have the rear mini stock sway bar? I was thinking of bolting up a gst sway bar for a little less understeer.

mko
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
OK, front sway bar is 18mm. Just got 19mm and installed it. Big difference.