PDA

View Full Version : Problem: cold start smoke and smells

lg2002541
01-28-2008, 12:56 AM
When ever I start the engine in the morning no matter summer or winter, white smoke, if i am correct, comes off the exhaust pipe, and it smells badly. The start sounds not right,too. It sounds like metal slide against metals, and it cranks very lazy and slow, then suddenly starts.
I know it's not right, since my mom's accord cranks happily whenever cold and warm.

As many 4G64 does, my engine has the "clat clat clat clat " noise, when warmed up to the RPM under 1000. It can also be heard idling at stop lights.

I guess the problem could be that my engine is lack of lubricate, therefor it dry starts at the next cold morning, which all the oil drops are in the oil pan. So, if it is a dry start I am going to use oil stabilizers like "lucas". I am here asking if any one have experience with oil stabilizer or has the same problem as I do?

Any advice Helps a lot .

badmitsu
01-28-2008, 08:55 AM
the "clat" noise is common its fixable but it comes right back! As far as the dry start, mine use to do it back when i was running Pennzoil, switched to Castrol GTX and it seems to not do anymore!

WarmAndSCSI
01-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't mess with Lucas oil stabilizer, just switch to a better motor oil first.

Kalamidad
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
guys here LOVE mobile one. If you can afford it.