PDA

View Full Version : catalytic eliminate

el_fiebru69
12-30-2002, 07:27 PM
hi, i'm from Puerto Rico. and there is one of many trips for more HP. if you have more HP and WHP and RPM, eliminate the catalytic and invert the vaccum hoses in the throtle body. =8HP in total www.puertoricodragracing.com :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

CliptheApex
12-30-2002, 07:39 PM
can someone elaborate on the vacum thing?

el_fiebru69
12-30-2002, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>can someone elaborate on the vacum thing?</div>de casualidad hablas spanish?

Messiah
12-30-2002, 09:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(el_fiebru69)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>can someone elaborate on the vacum thing?</div>de casualidad hablas spanish?</div>

??????
That's not helping me either. :?:

el_fiebru69
12-31-2002, 12:08 AM
eliminate the catalytic and you see the result. the engine is 2HP more strong. and use 93-97 octane fuel. more octane, more RPM. And adjust the TPS Sensor for more WHP. Si alguien entiende español, que me escriba, please... :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

NRG
12-31-2002, 12:13 AM
93-97 octane???? Damn LA doesn't even go pass 91.......

el_fiebru69
12-31-2002, 12:23 AM
i living in Puerto Rico, and the best octane is 97, or use VP gas, or 108 octane in 1/2 tank. remember, eliminate the catalytic for more HP and WHP. and disconect the negative in your battery aprox. 15 min. to reset the ECU. and the engine respond very hard. :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

NRG
12-31-2002, 12:56 AM
My pre cat is already gone...........

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
01-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but aint it illegal not to have a catalaytic convertor? or is that just in Jer-z

Fishboy55
01-01-2003, 04:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99BabyBenz)</div><div class='quotemain'>Correct me if im wrong, but aint it illegal not to have a Â*catalaytic convertor? Â*or is that just in Jer-z</div>
That's a Federal Law. Don't know if it applies to US possessions like PR or not. Of course there are exemptions, like if your car is over a certain age, etc. But for all practical purposes, running w/o a cat is not cool.

Chip

miragal
01-01-2003, 05:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(el_fiebru69)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>can someone elaborate on the vacum thing?</div>de casualidad hablas spanish?</div>

Yo si lo hablo muy bien https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif :wink:

el_fiebru69
01-03-2003, 10:54 PM
in Puerto Rico is not ilegal https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif , my galant have 5HP whitout catalityc, and 97 octane.

NRG
01-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Actually, I saw a TV interview with a racing performance team and they said higher octane doesn't always improve performance. They said it depends on the engine. If the manual says use regular, then regular is optimal for your car and running supreme won't not improve anything. We are talking about only N/A cars, not FI cars. If you look at the manual for the 4 bangers it says regular but for the 6 bangers, it says premium.

el_fiebru69
01-04-2003, 12:15 PM
i put in my tank 97 octane and 108 octane. and i see the diference. try!!! :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

manybrews
01-04-2003, 01:05 PM
higher octane gas does nothing for performance.
if the engine isnt pinging or detonating, its a total waste of money. the only reason to use it is if the engine is designed for it (i.e high compression ratios, turbos, etc).
in fact, it WILL cause drivablity issues if your using a gas with a higher octane rating than the engine is designed for.

Censee
01-04-2003, 03:07 PM
hey NRG u notice any gains in performance by taking off ure cat????? theres no emmission tests here in florida so its straight.

NRG
01-04-2003, 03:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>higher octane gas does nothing for performance.
if the engine isnt pinging or detonating, its a total waste of money. Â*the only reason to use it is if the engine is designed for it (i.e high compression ratios, turbos, etc).
in fact, it WILL cause drivablity issues if your using a gas with a higher octane rating than the engine is designed for.</div>

Yeah, thats exactly what I said.....Its just a waste of money!!

NRG
01-04-2003, 03:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey NRG u notice any Â*gains in performance by taking off ure cat????? theres no emmission tests here in florida so its straight.</div>

I only took off the pre-cat, not the main cat.

el_fiebru69
01-05-2003, 12:00 AM
nitrous=extremely cold, 97 octane=very cold, 93 octane=cold!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif any questions?? :twisted: :flaming: :firedevil: :peace:

manybrews
01-05-2003, 01:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(el_fiebru69)</div><div class='quotemain'>nitrous=extremely cold, 97 octane=very cold, 93 octane=cold!!! Â*:lol: any questions?? :twisted: Â*:flaming: Â*:firedevil: Â*:peace:</div>

actually, that has nothing at all to do with anything.

nitrous = 33 percent oxygen to increase the catalyst during combustion, 97 octane = more resistance to burning hence the need for use in a high combustion pressure atmosphere, 93 octane = less resistance to burning so it can be used in combustion chambers that are less stressed.(overly simplified, but still accurate).

el_fiebru69
01-05-2003, 11:13 PM
oye sabiondo, mientras mas octanos, mas combustion, asi que 93 y 97 son exelentes para mas rendimiento y poder en RPM//you need a translate??jeje :twisted: :firedevil: :peace: :hhg: :flaming: :ironchief2:

miragal
01-06-2003, 09:34 AM
(actually, that has nothing at all to do with anything.

nitrous = 33 percent oxygen to increase the catalyst during combustion, 97 octane = more resistance to burning hence the need for use in a high combustion pressure atmosphere, 93 octane = less resistance to burning so it can be used in combustion chambers that are less stressed.(overly simplified, but still accurate).

Hey Fiebru hear the man, He is correct.
Unless you are running a turbo or high compresion you don't need more octane the factory recomend.

el_fiebru69
01-06-2003, 10:35 AM
mi carro tiene espares doble chispas y cables 8.5mm, tengo mas corriente y nas octanos para la combustion, por ende las RPW son mas rapidas y fuertes. y de carreras yo si se!!! :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

HondaKillerGTZ
01-06-2003, 10:59 AM
fiebru de que parte eres??

el_fiebru69
01-06-2003, 02:38 PM
soy David y soy natural de Mayagüez, pero vivo en Bayamon. y tu de donde eres??. al fin alguen que habla español!!!!!! el ingles lo entiendo pero a veces se me hace dificil. mi Galant es 8G i4 2.4 LS.

HondaKillerGTZ
01-06-2003, 08:18 PM
soy de Carolina

manybrews
01-06-2003, 08:42 PM
english would be nice. :roll:

Tiptronic
01-06-2003, 08:47 PM
im trying to figure out what the deal is here. why would anyone want to run w/o a cat. i have heard cars w/o them, and they sound horrible. and these guys even had exhausts on their cars

HondaKillerGTZ
01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
sorry about the spanish https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

el_fiebru69
01-07-2003, 12:12 PM
sound horrible but my car have more hp and whp!!!!. and on my island aren't ilegal!!!! :twisted: :firedevil: :peace:

99GalantOn18s
01-09-2003, 01:14 AM
how bout if you just get a highflow catalytic converter?? like the magnaflow or the skunk2?? i read a past issue of import tuner, and they tested a yellow lancer with a couple bolt ons... and the results were realy good... they had an exhaust, intake and cat... the cat was by some company i really cant remember the name but it added like a good 3 hp and was like 5 feet of torque...

GNICETRY
01-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, on my friend's GN https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif when he hollowed the cat it was VERY noticeable. Probably 10-20 HP is the norm for those cars.
On the Galant I really wouldn't mess with them. Really wounldn't be a big differance. Except maybe on the Cali spec model which has a lot of cats. Also I think that you can't remove the cat w/in 5 years (Federal law or something). I guess there are no FEDs in PR. And paying $200-300 for hiflow cat (s) and getting 3 hp is not really a good bang for the buck.