PDA

View Full Version : DreamSpeed CAI - Cracked Boots

DQ
12-31-2002, 01:04 AM
Anyone with a dreamspeed CAI have the boots (connecting to Mass Flow Adapter) cracked? Well's they are not exactly cracked but they are really dry and feel really crisp. I don't think they will last much longer. Am I the only one with this problem? I've only had it for about 4 months.

BTW, does anyone know where I can buy replacements?

Thanks..

ChromeGalant
12-31-2002, 07:00 AM
Hmm.. I've had my Dreamspeed CAI since NOPI... not signs of cracking.. do you put protectant on the rubber? I did.. well I would call Dreamspeed and let them know.. Rich is a cool guy, he'll probably send you replacements..

Phone 915-333-6455 They are in Texas now..

Fishboy55
12-31-2002, 07:13 AM
You should put some kind of treatment on the boots like Chrome suggested. especially if they're rubber. Mine are silicone and show no signs of wear at all. If Dreamspeed doesn't send replacements, you can pick up replacements from Home Depot or Lowe's in the plumbing department.

Chip

pinoyesv6
12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
anotehr option is to pick up some silicon replacements. they are used for intercooler pipes or u can call injen or aem and get a replacement from them too. just ask 4 a part number and what sizes u are looking for

DQ
01-01-2003, 02:20 AM
No, I didn't put any sort of protectants on them..
I'll give them a call and see what happens.
Thanks for all your help..
Happy New Year!!

CWolf
01-01-2003, 05:32 PM
I've had my Dreamspeed almost a year now, and though the rubber is a little discolored because of the heat, there aren't any cracks or anything.