PDA

View Full Version : Intake Mod

BEAST
12-31-2002, 01:07 AM
I just added something new to my intake. I went to work (Westlake Ace Hardware) and picked up some of that heat deflection insulation stuff and some of that metal repair tape. I made a sleeve for my intake pipe out of this stuff so that it will deflect the heat from the engine bay. So far I got that on there and a 4 inch dryer hose clamped onto the front of my Weapon-R Hyper intake so that now I really do have a ram air intake. It also serves as a nice CAI too.

BEAST
12-31-2002, 01:12 AM
Sorry 2True meant to post in performance

2True
12-31-2002, 01:36 AM
It's kewl B, I moved it w/ no shadow.

So did you buy that Ram Air kit from WeaponR or did you make your own. I see that www.importstudio.com has the ram accessory kit for bucu bucks. I thought about buying it for mine for a long time... But I got a CAI now so who cares :roll:

Get some pics up of the heat shield thingy, having trouble visualizing what you mean..

BEAST
12-31-2002, 02:13 AM
Hell no I didn't buy that Ram-Air kit from Weapon-R. I am not about to spend 50 bucks on something I can make myself for 6 dollars. I just lead some dryer hose up to the filter from one of the air dams in the front. I will try to get some pics up. All i got is a camera and a scanner. I don't know how to work it though, but I'll try and find out. I don't know how to post pics either. My dad got it for Christmas. It's one of those printer, fax, scanner, copier ones. As for the heat sheild thingy, just picture like some bubble wrap with like some reflective stuff around it. I just taped it around my intake.

BEAST
01-03-2003, 12:37 AM
Ok I took some pics. Now I have to go get them developed and post them up on here. How do you do that?

2True
01-03-2003, 12:41 AM
Well as soon as you get the pics in digital format I can host them for you. Or just register at www.imagestation.com and you can do it yourself, it's free!

BEAST
01-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Ok here are the pics guys. The're up on cardomain.com. I haven't got all of them up yet because my scanner is jacked up right now, but the ones with the intake are there. The thing I'm talking about is around the intake pipe. Heres the link http://www.cardomain.com/id/beast211 ('http://www.cardomain.com/id/beast211')

seth98esT
01-06-2003, 01:54 AM
looks pretty good man...but wouldnt that serve the same purpose as a CAI? maybe a CAI being even better...

the galant is lookin pretty good though man :thumbsup:

BEAST
01-06-2003, 02:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks pretty good man...but wouldnt that serve the same purpose as a CAI? Â*maybe a CAI being even better...

the galant is lookin pretty good though man Â*:thumbsup:</div>
Thanks. Thats what the dryer hose setup is there for though. It brings in the cold air from the air dam in the front spoiler and also creates a ram air effect.