PDA

View Full Version : OBX

Black Magic
12-31-2002, 01:54 PM
just wondering who has the obx coilovers and how they feel about them if you have pics please post. and if you have struts and shocks other than stock please list which ones you have and if they needed to be modifed at all to get on.

thanks

Xavier22
12-31-2002, 02:56 PM
ask gizmo, he just put his on not too long ago - u might want to get some kyb' agx's though, cuz i heard it's very bouncy, and also get in on that sway bar group buy, then you'll be set, homie

Gizmo
12-31-2002, 05:36 PM
Yea the OBX's are very bouncy because the springs are narrower. I don't know if that is true for all coilovers but mine are bouncy. have my Agx's still in my room waiting for my friend to install them, guess once they are on it'll eliminate the bounce.

I have the STB from Freedom Design and once they are made will be gettting the rear sway bar from Norcal. Don't get me wrong the handleing is great its just the boucinbess gets on my nerves.

Ghost Beat
01-01-2003, 04:01 AM
theyre not gona completely eliminate the bouncyness but they will help a LOT tough. i have ground controls with agx's set on 3 all around and i love the ride and the handeling :twisted:

Black Magic
01-01-2003, 02:47 PM
is there anybody else that has them

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Any Coilover is going to be bouncy with the Factory Strut, Because they aren't made to work with the Factory Strut. If youi working on Coilovers you man want to see who offers a package that may come with the coilovers. Even GC which are the"best" coilovers out right now for out cars, will be bouncy unless you pick up the ajoining struts.

rumpl_forskin
01-02-2003, 12:26 PM
I have had the OBX Coilovers for about 6 months now and still love them....... My factory struts are shot so my ride is not the best now. Before they blew up, I thought the ride was not bad at all.......