PDA

View Full Version : Ground Wires

Ruslik
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Has anyone replaced their ground wires and if you did got any pics? how many and where are they located
just an example of the wires
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSUBISHI-GROUND-WIRE-WIRES-3000GT-DIAMANTE-GALANT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46098QQihZ023QQi temZ360021416117QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

RAZ_76
02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
That goes on your -NEG battery terminal and you add different accessories to it. It does not replace ground wires. It's RS too, badd ass! :lol:

WarmAndSCSI
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Unless you're running aftermarket electronic components (ignition box, standalone ECU, extra engine-related sensors) it's not going to gain you anything. It MIGHT stabilize your electrical system slightly for a stereo system, but I have my doubts. The factory ground is more than adequate.

Danger DANJ
02-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Trust me, adding a ground wire kit is worthless. It did absolutely nothing for me. It looks cool, but that's it.

DOHCstunr
02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
there is nothig wrong with improving the grounds you have though.
especially if they are old and corroded.

simply removing your grounds, cleaning the oxidation of the terminals, and reinstalling them will ensure that everything is running well.

the thing is, most all of your sensors are grounded through the harness to the battery itself, or to the ecu sensor's ground pin.
the only way you are going to improve sensor grounding is to cut the ground wire from every single sensor in your harness..... and run a direct wire to the negative post.(which would be retarded)

the 1 thing you improve by having good grounds is spark.
so running a thicker gauge wire from somewhere on the head, to the battery negative directly..... would be all you need to do for your engine to get any kind of performance improvement.

you might be able to improve things by running a thicker gauge cable directly from the main ecu ground straps directly to the battery negative.... but i hardly see it worth it. not to mention i'd hate the thought of any ground looping frying my ecu, or affecting its function.

thats all i have to say about that.

fliegendaffe
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Unless you're running aftermarket electronic components (ignition box, standalone ECU, extra engine-related sensors) it's not going to gain you anything. It MIGHT stabilize your electrical system slightly for a stereo system, but I have my doubts. The factory ground is more than adequate.

this is incorrect. all you do with this is connect all those ends to different ground points on your chasis/engine block for a better return path for your battery. but this wont do much. if you have good ground point (meaning the ground it touching the bare metal of the chasis with no rust or paint) then you shouldn't have a problem. and just make sure it's a right size gauge and it doesn't go to an outside pannel.

Ruslik
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
nice nice i was just looking at it for my eye pleasing wanted the engine bay to look sharp i just finished my interior going to post pics soon

fliegendaffe
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
nice nice i was just looking at it for my eye pleasing wanted the engine bay to look sharp i just finished my interior going to post pics soon

i think it makes it look more messy than looking sharp