PDA

View Full Version : how do i get the speaker grills off the rear deck ?

98GalantDriver
02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
so i went out and bought (please dont kill me for this) a set of speakers from dual, with the illuminite thing in it so it glows, well i tried to take the speakers out of the back, but cant get that stupid screen off... well i tore the screen off, but i cant get the plastic surround off to get to the speaker screws...

do i have to get into the trunk to get this plastic off ?

oh, and i fee stupid for not looking at the car a bit more... i bought matching speakers for the front, and just realized that the front speakers are recessed about an inch, maybe more, so thats gonna look like spit... go ahead... laugh :P

any help is appreciated... Mike

im not sure if i should put this here or in the 7G section, but its related to stereo stuff, so i went here, sorry if its the wrong area

jimmy_o2
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
i dunno about the 7g but on the 8g u need to take of the back seat and lift the mat that cover u speaker try that

fliegendaffe
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
you also might have to remove your C pillars

Bezzle
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Ok, this is a 7G thread so eat, i mean 8G your way out of it lol haha

Ok rear speakers are more simple than what they're saying. Hop in the trunk, stomach up, the grilles are bolted on. Take off those lugs, and the grille comes off. I believe the speakers have screwed that go down, into the trunk, so you have to do that part from the inside. I'm not 100% sure on that part. But, it's fairly simple once you find a comfortable position to work. I didn't have to take any panels er seats er body parts off to do it either. Good luck.

Bezzle
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Let me know when you try it, to confirm I'm at least half right.

K
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
yea on the 7g non hatch its simply 3 bolts under the boot, look harder u cant miss them. 6x9's fit in there nicely ;)