View Full Version : NORCAL: Can you make us a new grill for the 8G??

VegasMatt
01-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Cliff,

How about producing a new grill for the 8G? I am sure members would be interested in replacing the stock grille without having to cut out the teeth of the stock grill.

Matt

Tiptronic
01-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Yes! if you do make these, would you be willing to offer the color coded ones as well?

Kenshin
01-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Yeah I need me another grill. My other one was run over by my moms van when it fell off.

GaLanT
01-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Like the Evo one on that Purple Galant or like this?

http://www.geocities.com/galant84/galant5.txt

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 11:12 AM
This one. I think would go good with stock fronts or the Kits.
http://www.clubtgc.org/images/JDM_Galants.jpg

Black Magic
01-01-2003, 11:15 AM
i like the grill on the blue galant

Tiptronic
01-01-2003, 11:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>i like the grill on the blue galant</div>

i agree. the one on the purple one looks okay too

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 12:58 PM
I like this one also. get your napkins ready also this is a us Spec Galant
1 of our own ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/vwp?.dir=/MY+GALANT&.src=ph&.dnm=SHOGUN+WARRIOR.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/lst%3f%26.dir=/MY%2bGALANT%26.src=ph%26.view=t')

VegasMatt
01-01-2003, 01:23 PM
I like the one on the blue galant, with the emblem in the middle.

I'll send Norcal a PM about this post and see what happens.

Matt

mrjaydeeone
01-01-2003, 01:35 PM
good idea...I'd lke to see see a custom grille also

NRG
01-01-2003, 01:51 PM
But if you custom it to those pics up there, that means we all have to change the headlights too. Those are JDM size and its shorter than ours so we would have a gap.

Norcal Performance
01-01-2003, 01:57 PM
I'm assuming you guys would want the "frame" around the mesh as well as the mesh correct? I think we might be able to come up with something. Maybe chrome? CF? PowderCoated?

We'd need an original off of a US spec Galant of course to model it off of. If anyone has one laying around and would like to send us one, we will look into what it would take to make something like this.

Thanks

Tim

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 02:07 PM
I'd send you my old one but it doesn't have the clips on it to attach to the car so all you could do is come up with the measurements but can attatch it to the Car. But yeah that's what they are talking about.

BGR
01-01-2003, 02:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm assuming you guys would want the "frame" around the mesh as well as the mesh correct? Â*I think we might be able to come up with something. Â*Maybe chrome? Â*CF? Â*PowderCoated? Â*

We'd need an original off of a US spec Galant of course to model it off of. Â*If anyone has one laying around and would like to send us one, we will look into what it would take to make something like this.

Thanks

Tim</div>

I got an extra one. What's the address to ship it to? CF and a chrome with mesh would be nice. I'll take one of each.

antmoneygtz
01-01-2003, 02:41 PM
i like the grill lazarus showed us and the blue galants grill alot... i need to get me one NOW!!!!!!!!

Norcal Performance
01-01-2003, 03:15 PM
BGR- you can send it to:

Norcal Performance
5083 Roeder Road
San Jose, CA 95111

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 03:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>BGR- Â*you can send it to:

Norcal Performance
5083 Roeder Road
San Jose, CA 95111</div>

before long you guys will have the whole Galant.

NRG
01-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I would like to get one that matches my car color code.....

quicksilver22
01-01-2003, 04:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>before long you guys will have the whole Galant</div>

lol

I wouldn't mind the one GaLanT showed us. But color coded ones would be nice, along with the chrome and such ones

Reelax
01-01-2003, 04:11 PM
just for comparison, here is my JDM grill on a US bumper w/ JDM headlights. the grill is OE JDM gunmetal chrome for tha '96-'98 VR-4 / viento fascia. the JDM grill is narrower to accommodate the wider JDM headlights... this grill will not match up well to the US spec headlights and will leave a 1" gap between it and the headlights. also the JDM grill is shorter where it meets the bumper... you can se the the gap in the last pic.

http://www.raniworld.com/RAAA/JDMday.jpg
http://www.raniworld.com/RAAA/119-0113_IMG.JPG
http://www.raniworld.com/RAAA/118-1802_IMG.JPG

RedGalant2k1
01-01-2003, 05:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>BGR- Â*you can send it to:

Norcal Performance
5083 Roeder Road
San Jose, CA 95111</div>

before long you guys will have the whole Galant.</div>

kinda like allan...lol

Way to go Norcal!! You guys are awesome!!

escoson
01-01-2003, 06:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like this one also. get your napkins ready also this is a us Spec Galant
1 of our own ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/vwp?.dir=/MY+GALANT&.src=ph&.dnm=SHOGUN+WARRIOR.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/lst%3f%26.dir=/MY%2bGALANT%26.src=ph%26.view=t')</div>

that g-ride looks like a f**kin pitbull! that is a sick/clean galant, the eyebrows add alot of charecter to that imo

HeadAche
01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norcal Performance)</div><div class='quotemain'>BGR- Â*you can send it to:

Norcal Performance
5083 Roeder Road
San Jose, CA 95111</div>

before long you guys will have the whole Galant.</div>

HAHAHA...

VegasMatt
01-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Tim,

Let us know when you receive the grill from Rich and what the time frame might be on getting a grill made that is similiar to the blue galant grill with "floating" diamond emblem in the middle. I agree with making a chrome and CF trim.

Matt

Prophet
01-01-2003, 11:38 PM
My vote goes to a CF. That would be tight with a chrome star in the middle.

Jason

NRG
01-01-2003, 11:52 PM
So does everyone have to agree on one style or what?

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 09:00 AM
yeah the Way Norcal usually works is you have to get like 10 people to agree on a style. Not sure how this will work because the part is pretty small. But if you can get 10 people to agree on a style then Norcal will make the color However maynot need to be the same.

Ghost Beat
01-02-2003, 10:26 AM
once the price pops up more people will jump in and see whats up personaly im gettin the initial v kit so the grill's of no use to me unfortunately or else a cf on with the cf hood would have looked nice....

ps: whats up with the projectors? havent heard anything

BGR
01-02-2003, 11:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>ps: whats up with the projectors? havent heard anything</div>

Give them some time. Please try not to be so impatient. They haven't even started on the CF hoods yet. They only asked us for a list of what we would like to see made. They didn't say that they were actually going to make them for us.

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 11:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>
ps: whats up with the projectors? havent heard anything</div>

I talked to Cliff on....Tuesday and he did get teh headlights I sent them. and they are taking them to the Manufacturer on Monday to see what's up. Hopefully we will have something in about 2-3 weeks on paper but making them will still take a while. Maybe Astigs Tutorial may help them out? Who knows? Only time will tell.

Dominicano
01-02-2003, 01:12 PM
My vote goes to the grill on the blue car. like Rich i would also get two grills on in CF(silver or chorme mesh) and one in Chrome(black mesh)

mrjaydeeone
01-02-2003, 02:02 PM
I like the 1 on the blue galant and the 1 that GaLanT posted

GNICETRY
01-02-2003, 08:08 PM
The grille on the blue galant is real nice. Will buy one if it fits the US spec headlights.

pinoyesv6
01-02-2003, 08:13 PM
if im thinking str8, that bleu grille that u like. the one with the mitsu embelm in the middle is just like reelax's grille. the only difference is that the center bar is painted and a bigger mitsu embelm was added

HeadAche
01-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Hell i cant make up my mind.. i think they all look good.. i dont care which one they make they all look pretty sweeeeettt to me..lol

Prophet
01-02-2003, 08:48 PM
As long as it is CF I am in.

Jason

Norcal Performance
01-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Anything that we make for the Galant will be for US spec. The reason being we are in the US and its easier for us to get ahold of US spec parts than JDM parts. Plus....whats the point of making JDM spec parts when 99.999% of the Galants are US spec....

Ghost Beat
01-02-2003, 09:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>
ps: whats up with the projectors? havent heard anything</div>

I talked to Cliff on....Tuesday and he did get teh headlights I sent them. and they are taking them to the Manufacturer on Monday to see what's up. Hopefully we will have something in about 2-3 weeks on paper but making them will still take a while. Maybe Astigs Tutorial may help them out? Who knows? Only time will tell.</div>

thanx for the info laz much appreciated...i know therye not making them yet was jsut curious since there was some talk about it so i thought id see what was up and if anything new was disscussed .

VegasMatt
01-02-2003, 09:14 PM
I think a majority of us are interested in Norcal making us a new grill. I guess we need to decide about what style and what finish. I think a majority of us are in for CF and Chrome and most of us like the style of the blue galant on the previous page. Any other comments?

Black Magic
01-02-2003, 09:16 PM
i like that style on the blue galant im leaning towards chrome but cf sounds nice too

BLsGalant97
01-02-2003, 10:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like this one also. get your napkins ready also this is a us Spec Galant
1 of our own ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/vwp?.dir=/MY+GALANT&.src=ph&.dnm=SHOGUN+WARRIOR.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/lqqkinmadflyny/lst%3f%26.dir=/MY%2bGALANT%26.src=ph%26.view=t')</div>

that g-ride looks like a f**kin pitbull! that is a sick/clean galant, the eyebrows add alot of charecter to that imo</div>

Hell yeah i love that car!!!!!

Dominicano
01-03-2003, 08:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like this one also. get your napkins ready also this is a us Spec Galant

that g-ride looks like a f**kin pitbull! that is a sick/clean galant, the eyebrows add alot of charecter to that imo</div>

Hell yeah i love that car!!!!!</div>

you guys know that is just an oem grill with a vr-4 badging right?

Lazarus
01-03-2003, 09:51 AM
I know it's an OEM I just like the style for it. the chrome + the VR4 badge really looks Nice.

Fast99ES
01-03-2003, 02:56 PM
I think any custom grill at this point would make me happy...whether it's carbon fiber,color coded,or good old chrome...jus knowing that people are showing interest makes me happy...it's about time we are gettin stuff made for us! Norcal is our answer. 8)

Tiptronic
01-03-2003, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fast99ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think any custom grill at this point would make me happy...whether it's carbon fiber,color coded,or good old chrome...jus knowing that people are showing interest makes me happy...it's about time we are gettin stuff made for us! Norcal is our answer. Â* 8)</div>

thats true. we should be happy that companies even bother with us. on the other hand, if we dont start getting serious with companies, they will never take us serious. now with the EVO VIII will be sold in the states, maybe they will start to look in our direction more, and give us more credit than we have been getting

Ada
01-03-2003, 05:15 PM
I'd be down to buy the grill on the blue one, if the price is reasonable and will be US spec.

VegasMatt
01-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Norcal....Where are we with this?

Danger DANJ
01-08-2003, 11:30 AM
That grill on the blue Galant in CF would be sweet. I'm definitely down for that.

2k2mitsu
01-09-2003, 07:55 PM
what about the 8g owners with an 02?? what are my options? not much huh??

jmoney37
01-10-2003, 12:02 AM
does anybody know what kind of kit is on that red galant cuz i wanna get my front bumper like that

RedGalant2k1
01-10-2003, 12:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmoney37)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anybody know what kind of kit is on that red galant cuz i wanna get my front bumper like that</div>

thats just a stock 8G Galant VR4 bumper....nothing more https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif looks great doesn't it?

Fast99ES
01-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey...anything goin on with this topic yet??

Black Magic
01-14-2003, 08:51 PM
whats goning on with the grill? ill take the one that is on the blue galant in chrome!!! 8)

chibisak
01-16-2003, 10:08 AM
any update for the Grill

BGR
01-16-2003, 10:16 AM
I was holding off sending them my grill because NorCal had some issues with their manufacturer. I'll have it shipped to them by this weekend.

chibisak
01-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Looking forward for the price and when is gonna to make it

chibi

Fast99ES
01-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Finally...we are gettin clser to more custom products being made for us...i cant wait for a new grill!!!!

VegasMatt
01-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Rich,

Thanks for helping us with sending your grill to them.

I hope this doesnt fall thru, I am looking forward on the new grille.

Keep us updated Norcal!

Matt

damn-no-$$$
01-24-2003, 06:39 AM
i love that new grille. i need one BAD! how much and how do i pay for it and all that. srry, new to TGC.

VegasMatt
01-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I talked to Norcal and they are waiting on someone to send them a grill. Rich were you going to donate the grill? If you want me to reimburse you for the cost of thr grill let me know.

Thanks bro.
Matt

Fastgalants
01-25-2003, 11:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmoney37)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anybody know what kind of kit is on that red galant cuz i wanna get my front bumper like that</div>

that red galant is actually called a "legnum". it is the station wagon version of the j-spec galant. that kit is actually the stock bumper. all of the j-specs just look sweeter than ours.

as for me, i like all the grilles. the blue galant's would be sweet but i'd like it in either chrome or body colored. i'd like to see some of those j-spec bumpers made over here! anyone want to take a crack at it? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

GaLaNtKeV99
01-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Yea ill be interested in the style that Outklawcc just mentioned.

GNICETRY
01-25-2003, 12:37 PM
What's the deal with the grille? Are we getting the blue one made?

VegasMatt
01-25-2003, 11:22 PM
I talked to Norcal today they are going to see about getting the one made off the blue galant in chrome and in CF. They are waiting on a grill from Rich.

Remedy
01-26-2003, 11:23 AM
The blue looks sweet, I would like to see in carbon fiber and with a chrome mitsu logo in the center. In the pic the logo looks red to me.

Ada
01-26-2003, 02:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I talked to Norcal today they are going to see about getting the one made off the blue galant in chrome and in CF.</div>

Blue one chrome is going to be fucking SWEET for my 8g. I can't wait.

Tiptronic
01-26-2003, 02:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I talked to Norcal today they are going to see about getting the one made off the blue galant in chrome and in CF. Â*They are waiting on a grill from Â*Rich.</div>

do you know if they will still do special order colored ones

VegasMatt
01-26-2003, 04:16 PM
No, they are going to only offer the chrome and CF ones. If you want to special color yours, I would suggest buying one, then having it power coated and painted whatever color you want.

BGR
01-27-2003, 12:34 PM
I talked to Norcal today they are going to see about getting the one made off the blue galant in chrome and in CF. They are waiting on a grill from Rich.

As I was supposed to send this out, I got caught up in something else and I didn't send it. Per other private discussions, I would like to see results and products from NorCal first before I send this grill off. No disrespect is intended in this post, just trying to keep it real without any sort of loss, concern or problems from TGC members or myself.

Until there is satisfactory results and cooperation, This topic will be closed for now.