PDA

View Full Version : Do I need the camber kit?

schick
08-15-2002, 09:58 PM
I'll be upgrading to Eibach Pro-kit springs (drops 1.5" front, 1" rear) and KYB AGX's.
Should I get the camber adjustment kit and install while I have the tires and suspension off. Or does the stock suspension have enough play to be corrected?

For $150-$200, I'd rather not have to get them unless I absulutly have to.

Thanks!

Dark Anghell
08-15-2002, 10:06 PM
From what I've heard if you are off be .5 degree or so, you should be fine. Also you can just get your wheels allignedproperly, and that should do it..the eibach kit doesn't slam your car, it just makes it a bit lower. My sugestion is to have the sprigns installed, let them settle in. after all of that is done, then see if your wheels are off by a whole lot.

dre24k
08-16-2002, 11:49 AM
any camber is bad although you cant ever get it perfect. tires will wear faster with negative camber on the inside. that sucks man.

4G64
08-16-2002, 01:58 PM
I got the exact same setup on my 95 S... I never had the need for a camber kit... when I went to my local speed shop to get a 4 wheel laser alignment they told me that my car is perfectly aligned wihtout a camber kit because the drop is so minimal....

g96nt
08-16-2002, 05:54 PM
uhhhhh
we all know that mitsu puts camber on the REar *STOCK* right?!

they do this to eliminate aggressive Drivers from ending up in ditches

neg. camber is *NOT* bad

I like mine

but you're going to want to keep it as close to spec as possible

i have never had a front camber kit on my '96 with the eibach
and have never had issues with un-even wear.

bronxbombr
08-16-2002, 07:01 PM
4G64 is kinda right, i got the same setup and the same laser wheel alignment and so far have no probs with tire wear or camber. I think if u lower it more that what u have now u will need a camber kit. O yea i'm riding on 16" perelli's and my low pros are 40's.

MitsuMan
08-20-2002, 03:38 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

GalantSpeed
11-12-2002, 07:01 PM
i lowered my car with 95-99 Eclipse Drop Zone Springs, the springs were 2" but it settled in now and it is now 2 3/4" lower than stock. but what ever, i took my car into a shop to see if i needed camber kits for it and they put my car on some 4 wheel dyno machine, it had some optical lasers on it to check the camber angle. although the camber was off a small bit when the car was at stop he told me that i don't need any kind of camber kit because once the car reaches 20 mph the tires stand up to factory specs, so no uneven tire wear will happen. the only thing he did was take my tires on the right side, put them on the left and vice versa, he said it will help the camber when it is at stop. my G has been lowered for about 4 months now and i haven't had any unnormal tire wear.

Dark Anghell
11-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Usually the wear is hard to notise at the beginning. I had mine dropped with wheels for about 3 months, then my friend showed me his 6-month tires and they were pretty messed up. It all depends on how you drive.

But eibach kit will not cause segnificant camber problems