PDA

View Full Version : How do i install LED washer lights

laxattack2001
01-01-2003, 03:32 PM
How in the world to i put the wiring for the leds in to the car i cant figure this out please tell me if you could show some pics

Lazarus
01-01-2003, 04:03 PM
probably what you wanna do is run the red and clack wires along your hood inside the hood til you get to the end by the ninges. then into the car to a toggle switch . Just be sure you have a constand hot and good ground. it's pretty easy. you need to wire the ground(black) to any ground wire. then run the Hot(red) to a toggle switch(remote) then run a constant/power source to the other prong on the toggle switch. then flip the switch to ensure the wiring is good. to test it out. just connect the red to the positive on the battery and the black to the negative before you put them on the car.

laxattack2001
01-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Ummmm i really just need to know where i can put the hole for the wires to go in to or if there is a hole please put pics that would help alot

ChromeGalant
01-01-2003, 06:29 PM
I ran mine to my parking lights..that way it let me use the switch I used to have them hooked up to my strobes..

What do you need pics of?

Gizmo
01-01-2003, 07:38 PM
I hooked mine up to the turn signals. Just ran the wires from the washer lights to the parking lights and hooked them up there.

laxattack2001
01-01-2003, 07:42 PM
i just really need to know where i could drill a hole for the wires i also need to hook up an amp and i need a hole please tell me how

n3wMaxw3LL
01-01-2003, 08:11 PM
a hole? to where? what?
If you are talking about drilling a hole, stop. now.
Just run the two wires from the LED's and run them through the firewall. Simple. I put a switch in my dash next to the cruise control button to turn them on along with a blue light above my deck. Be creative.

M

BLsGalant97
01-01-2003, 08:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just really need to know where i could drill a hole for the wires i also need to hook up an amp and i need a hole please tell me how</div>

Yeah there should be a small hole already there in the firewall...just enough room for the thin washer lights wires to fit through

pinoyesv6
01-01-2003, 08:44 PM
i believe if u jack up the car and remove the fender liner for the front wheels, u can see wires that go thru a hole in the firewall. also, if u have an auto, there should also be a hole for where the clutch linkage should be

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 09:08 AM
When I got my Alarm installed they drilled a hole in my firewall. I just ran it through there. I'd probably do that. and besure to cover the lining of the whole with puddy.

laxattack2001
01-02-2003, 09:53 AM
where is the hole in the firewall if you could tell me that or show i pic of it ill be all set

BLsGalant97
01-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Well on my 97....i found the hole on the right backside of the engine compartment (if you are looking at the car from the front)

laxattack2001
01-02-2003, 10:13 PM
YAY i found the hole where the electric goes so i just put them through there thank you all for helping me soon i will be putting pics of my car on TGC. if any one has any suggestions of what i could do to my car for a low price tell me!! Thanks all of you

laxattack2001
01-02-2003, 10:15 PM
and if you could tell me where to get aluminum gauges bezels for the 7g please tell me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

BLsGalant97
01-02-2003, 10:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>and if you could tell me where to get aluminum gauges bezels for the 7g please tell me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

Sorry dude....i dont think they make them for the 7gs only 8g. But anything is possible...maybe you can paint it siver or something. I made a carbon fiber one for mine...check out my sig for pics.

laxattack2001
01-02-2003, 10:53 PM
how did you make it???

IM me on aim or somethin my s/n on AIM is laxatack2001, and msn is the e-mail address that i have posted on this site

peanotation
01-13-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah, i hooked them up to my turn signals, i just tapped into the corresponding turn signal bulb and ran the "hot" wire from there to the LED washer light.

pinoyesv6
01-13-2003, 08:57 PM
first thing i did was hook them up to the battery or the cigarette lighter and make sure they light up. no point of installing them if they don't light up. then i masked mine off and painted the chrome to match my car (a lil added touch) then i installed the nozzels and aimed em too.

ok now for the wiring. i took the wires and ran em thru the hood to the drivers side. i have a hole in my firewall (drilled one) where the clutch linkage should have came out. so yea ran the wires thru the firewall (don't forget a grommet to line the hole) and then i found a bolt in the interior fuse box and grounded the black wire there. then i took the red wire and ran that to my siwtch location. i then added a 3 amp fuse and hooked up tghe light to the switch. then i hooked up another red wire to the other terminal of the switch (mine had 2, some have 3 for a light or something)and ran that all the way to the red side of the battery and hooked things up there.

good part, if i mess up the wiring i won't mess up my car's electrical system.

bad part, if i forget to turn the lights off, i drain the battery. but remember that these are just LED's and use so little current that it would take about a week of them on constantly without u starting the car for the battery to drain up

mitsubishigurl
01-14-2003, 11:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laxattack2001)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just really need to know where i could drill a hole for the wires i also need to hook up an amp and i need a hole please tell me how</div>

Yeah there should be a small hole already there in the firewall...just enough room for the thin washer lights wires to fit through</div>

What color led lights r illegal in CT

BLsGalant97
01-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Well in CT, the only color which is legal is white..thats it..every thing else is illegal

Where in CT are you from??? Make sure you come to a couple meets this year.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

mitsubishigurl
01-14-2003, 03:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well in CT, the only color which is legal is white..thats it..every thing else is illegal

Where in CT are you from??? Â*Make sure you come to a couple meets this year.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

I'm from Middletown. u? when is the next meet?