PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ gettin my reverse lights to go on....

speedracer
02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
well i did my five speed swap about a year ago and i followed goosey's diy and it was relatively easy besides the dealer messin up my order for parts but besides that i, never bothered to hook up my reverse lights i figured i had a year till i had to deal w/ it cuz i got it inspected and tookit right after and dropped the auto...so now im late for inspection and i can't figure out teh damn lights, i got a hold of the connector for them b/c my trans didn't come w/ it and i looked at the plug in the diy and tried putting teh two wires in teh corresponding holes and all i get is reverse lights in neutral and all the other gears when i put it into reverse they go off.....so i was wondering if someone could tell me what color wires i need to connect the connector wires to, i've tried twice now to figure this out and have got no where.....!

4g63lover
02-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure but aren't you supposed to short one pin out?

speedracer
02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
in the tutorial it just said connect the wires from the solenoid to pin 7+8 and i tried that and got nothing i dunno mayb i have to short them out then connect them idk..! ill try again tmrw