PDA

View Full Version : still need help instaling pillar pod

4G64T
01-02-2003, 02:19 AM
i know you guys said that is just clips you have to take off but where do i start from any detailed instructions? pictures if posible

NRG
01-02-2003, 03:50 AM
You have to dig your fingers into the gap and pull with care.....Try to get an even pull so you don't break the clips.

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 08:57 AM
I took mine off a while ago. I advise you start from the back by the seatbelt. LIke NRG said yo have to dig your fingers back there. don't rip it off but don't be scared of it either.

NRG
01-02-2003, 11:30 AM
OH, another thing to keep in mind is when you put the pillar back, make sure you pull off ALL the white clips from the subframe of the car back on the pillar before you snap it in. There will be some black clips too. Actually to correct myself, the white ones aren't clips, they are like plastic plugs that is flared and the black ones are like clips.

Was that too confusing? It was to me...... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

4G64T
01-02-2003, 03:21 PM
ok cool thanks guys cuz i got the one where the seatbelt is but then i tried to get the one over head and it felt like i was gonna break something so i'll try again tomarrow.... now i was thinking am i gonna have to drill a big whole in the a pillar to fit the wires for the guages?

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
HOw many gauges are you mounting? Ever hink about trying to do the Bezel Mount? Mine is downstairs in the lab drying as we speak.

4G64T
01-02-2003, 03:27 PM
2 right now but maybe a total of 5 or 6 i did think about making one but i thought it would be to much work but i sure would be interested in buying one if they could be made :roll:

NRG
01-02-2003, 04:09 PM
5 or 6 gauges??? Damn, that would not look good on the pillar....You might wanna mount 3 on the pillar and 2 on the bezel..... or 2 on the pillar and 3 on the extra slot on the center console.

4G64T
01-02-2003, 10:46 PM
oh yah thats what im doing 2 for the pillar and 3 in a spot by the shifter but if i can get the bezel made then i'll do that

Lazarus
01-02-2003, 10:53 PM
the bezel isnt hard I just finished mine today and painted it I just have to get the gauges installed whenI go to the meet this Saturday.

4G64T
01-03-2003, 01:49 AM
what do i need to do it? and how did you make the circles?

davebernard
01-05-2003, 08:52 PM
I made a gauge bezel. check this post.
http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6307 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6307')
It is a simple project, just take your time and it will turn out great. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. [/quote]

pinoyesv6
01-05-2003, 09:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do i need to do it? and how did you make the circles?</div>

im in the process of making one. i just bought a whole lotta bondo and some styrofoam. i cut the strofoam in the shape of the bezel to mock the guage and make the opening and then i just laid bondo around that. smooth things up and then just cut the stryrofoam out and replace with the guages.

davebernard
01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
good idea. Once you are done sanding the bondo, get a Scotch pad and sand it with that. I got mine at home depot next to the sandpaper. It makes it a lot smoother then sanding with 600 grit paper.

Lazarus
01-06-2003, 08:09 AM
I ran it down with about 800 grit. I have to touch it up. I noticed alot of mistakes on it. alot of......potholes :roll:

pinoyesv6
01-06-2003, 10:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ran it down with about 800 grit. I have to touch it up. I noticed alot of mistakes on it. alot of......potholes :roll:</div>

i feel u with that one. im molding the body kit onto my model galant and i used a sharpie to color in the bondo so i can see the imperfections better. its looking like i need another thin coat of bondo and some sanding to do

davebernard
01-06-2003, 11:42 AM
the scotch pad should get rid of most of them. The first bezel I made, was redone 4 diffrent times to get it how I wanted it. I have made two gauge bezels and both look a little diffrent. The pin holes should smooth out with the schotch pad, but remember that you wont get it as smooth as the stock one.

pinoyesv6
01-06-2003, 08:43 PM
yea after a few layers of primer and paint. and a light sanding between coats. those imperfections should be almost invisible