PDA

View Full Version : A/C problem

kvadim
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
When I tried turning the heat on today, I noticed that the air wouldnt blow at all on first and second speed, only third and fourth. Also when I press the switch to turn AC on, the light wont go on. Then it stopped working at all. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it but Im still having the same problem - the air is not blowing on first and second speed and the AC light wont go on. What can cause this? I think it might be the short on blower control switch. Any idea how much there are?

RedGalant2k1
02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a blower motor resistor. Try taking it to the Belle Tire on Orchard and 14mile. Talk to Howard.

kvadim
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a blower motor resistor. Try taking it to the Belle Tire on Orchard and 14mile. Talk to Howard.

I bought a new resistor from dealership and put it in. Everything was fine for a few days, but then after trying to turn the AC on, I ended with blown fuse and cracked resistor. Thinking it was a faulty resistor, I ordered another one, but with the same result. At the dealership they told me that it is probably some corroded wire shorting. I don't want to let them take care of it since it probably will unreasonably expensive. Do you know a good shop around that specializes in AC problems? Also is Howard still working there? I never talked to him since I had an out of town emergency, but now I'm back.

RedGalant2k1
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I bought a new resistor from dealership and put it in. Everything was fine for a few days, but then after trying to turn the AC on, I ended with blown fuse and cracked resistor. Thinking it was a faulty resistor, I ordered another one, but with the same result. At the dealership they told me that it is probably some corroded wire shorting. I don't want to let them take care of it since it probably will unreasonably expensive. Do you know a good shop around that specializes in AC problems? Also is Howard still working there? I never talked to him since I had an out of town emergency, but now I'm back.

More than likely if you are close to the store near the livonia mall yes, Howard should still be there. If you want a really good diagnostic technician that I know could find and fix your issue go to the Belle Tire in Plymouth, at 433 W. Ann Arbor Rd (Plymouth, MI). Ask for Bob or Mike up front, and Lloyd as the technician. Tell them David D sent you, they'll know who that is.