PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle Has Landed, Almost

remarque
02-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Added a new addition to my family, 1991 Eagle Talon TSI A/T. I paid $340 for it that including car and it being shipped to me, I could pass up on the deal. The bad news, no head, turbo, ecu or radiator. The body is good conditon, broken front bumper, some cancer (Paint) and a small dent on the quarter panel.Tires are almost brand new, interior is good except for the cut open driver seat, previous owner installed a 2gen Eclipse spoiler for some reason. Right know I'm just saving money for a new engine or maybe a rebuild. I posted pictures of the engine bay, it's in need of some help.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/massejoeebay/Picture121clll011.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/massejoeebay/Picture121clll007.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/massejoeebay/Picture121clll005.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/massejoeebay/Picture121clll002.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/massejoeebay/Picture121clll001.jpg

Divinity
02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Looks like you have a lot of fun work ahead of you with your new project. Good luck with that.

djflex167
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
what are you thinking off here?

4-G-rim
02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Thats one badly hurt Eagle. Wow...that car looks like it went through hell. Good luck though, you got a big project ahead of you.

G-spot
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
the eagle may be broken, but she will fly once more (without the wing of course)

RAZ_76
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
That eagle was put down for a reason. Lot of work and I mean lot of work ahead of you. Good luck! It can be brought back to life with enough cash, time and motivation.

remarque
02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah I know, it doesnt as bad now I clean the engine bay and label some wires, hose etc. These are pictures of the car when I first got it. I had it for about a month, it looks a lot better now. I lost my camera so I cant post current pics. The cars been sitting since '98 when the head gasket blew, only 108000 on the speedo. I got the car to help me learn more about cars, so I dont have to mess with my 8G.

RAZ_76
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Thats awesome dude, props to you! Thats how you do it, hands on, best way to learn and be able to fix your own issues. That is exactly how I learned.

polishmafia
02-20-2008, 12:31 PM
looks like a good old DSM to me... broken, bruised ;)

good luck on the project!

komodo
02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I know you said that was when you first got it.. but wow! The interior is less than "good" o.o
Goodluck on your project though!

bmore303
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Can't wait to see what you do with this one. A LOT of work. You're starting at ground zero. Good luck and bring that DSM back to life.

milo111000
02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
oh my good.. that looks like alot of fun!! good luck!

fatal1
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
make sure you check out dsm trader etc you can find a bunch of good stuff there, definately a lot of work ahead of you but since you have the engine out and dont need the car you can definately build a nice engine, gut the interior and restore it or customize it...if you got the time to mess with it, it can definatelly be a really nice machine for somewhat inexpensive...i would also personally ditch the tranny since it would be in your best interest to do a manual swap anyway as well as that that beat up block

and if you can get it towed get the bodywork done and have the car/frame sandblasted while its stripped down to eliminate any rust and give a real nice paintjob
just my .02 here though

good luck

remarque
02-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I just want to get it running first. The A******* at Parking Service have been threatening to tow it because it doesnt have tags. Going to see if I can find some cheap insurance.

remarque
02-22-2008, 12:31 PM
The engine block is still in the car, with oil in the cylinder. Next paycheck, if the car is still there I'm gone to hone the engine block. I've researched the topic like hell and decided to give it a try, because right know I don't have a engine hoist or engine stand so I'm honing it in the car. Trust me I've done my research on this topic. I didn't feel a ridge on any of the cylinders, but I might still use a ridge reamer. Depending on how the pistons look I might just clean and re-ring them.

Distort
02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
HOLY SHIT!

Thats messed up bro, I have an interior if you want it, minus front seats and center console...

remarque
02-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Well this project didnt last long, went outside today and saw the ticket man place a abandoned car sticker on the car. I called a place that buys junked cars and they offered me $150 for it, which is almost half of the purchase price. I took the turbo manifold, injectors, resistor pack, valve cover, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body and cam sensor. I'm going to sell some of these to try and make some more money back. I plan keeping the resistor pack, turbo manifold and injectors.

Can I use the injectors from this car to turbo my car, or should I use the bigger 450cc from a M/T DSM?

If anyone needs any other parts off the car let me know?

fatal1
02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Well this project didnt last long, went outside today and saw the ticket man place a abandoned car sticker on the car. I called a place that buys junked cars and they offered me $150 for it, which is almost half of the purchase price. I took the turbo manifold, injectors, resistor pack, valve cover, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body and cam sensor. I'm going to sell some of these to try and make some more money back. I plan keeping the resistor pack, turbo manifold and injectors.

Can I use the injectors from this car to turbo my car, or should I use the bigger 450cc from a M/T DSM?

If anyone needs any other parts off the car let me know?

depends on how extensive your build is, if your just going to throw on the turbo and call it a day they are more then fine

remarque
02-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah thats pretty much it, thanks.