PDA

View Full Version : How do i clean injectors?

Proud Galant Driver
01-03-2003, 11:45 AM
how do i clean out the injectors in my 92 Galant? i was told they need cleaning but dont wanna pay to have it done. im not very knowledgeable in mechanics so help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

manybrews
01-03-2003, 05:44 PM
without the proper equipment, you cant.
and the "injector cleaning" crap that people add to their gas tanks is just that.... crap. it does nothing of value.

Proud Galant Driver
01-03-2003, 06:38 PM
my dad owns a repair shop so i have the equipment. i just dont wanna pay one of the mechanics to do it.

manybrews
01-03-2003, 07:42 PM
if you dont know how to do it, you should NOT be doing it.
its dangerous as all-get-out, and even if you manage not to start the place on fire, the professional cleaning liquid WILL take the paint off of cars if you spill even a drop.

seriously, pay someone to do it (or watch someone doing it).
it is not for someone who is green with the way of the cars.

also, why in the world do you want it done anyway? if there is a drivability issue, chances are it will not fix it.

Proud Galant Driver
01-03-2003, 09:55 PM
well ok. here is my prob maybe u can help.

first of all they do need cleaning. one mechanic sprayed something in to test something and huge black smoke came out of the exhaust. so he thinks they need cleaning.

heres what happends when i drive. alot of times i start it and it stall once i go to push the gas. even when its just a little cold. it runs VERY rough when cold. i started it once and started driving and the whole front of the car was shaking. visibly shaking. id floor it and barely accelerate even after getting above 20. and sometimes i push the gas and it doesnt kick in right away. of i push and u can feel the engine slow a bunch and then kicks in. my check engine light is on and im gonna have it scanned. but what could be the problem. its so annoying.

my belts squeak too. but i was told this is cause oil is leaking on them. i have a bad oil leak.

manybrews
01-03-2003, 10:27 PM
i doubt very much it has anything to do with the injectors.

it sounds a LOT more like a failing coolant temp sensor, a failing throttle position sensor, or a MAF sensor.

get it scanned before you replace ANYTHING.

Proud Galant Driver
01-04-2003, 01:50 AM
ok. will do.

JF
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
you may also want to check your fuel filter........

ken inn
06-04-2003, 12:02 PM
check and see if the get-rid-of-car lite is on.

Proud Galant Driver
06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>check and see if the get-rid-of-car lite is on.</div>

lol

thunderboy
06-20-2003, 01:01 AM
try using the mitsubishi fuel system cleaner

galantgal05
07-27-2003, 12:20 AM
i feel ur pain, Proud Galant Driver. i also have a 92 galant with the same problems. except it doesnt have to be cold. it acts like its not gettin enuf gas. so i got new fuel and air filters. well i changed the air filter today but the battery has an alarm on it so when i try to reconnect the negative cable the damn alarm goes off. do u have one of those on ur car? if so, u kno how to make it stop?
thanx 4 ur help

ConceptSleeper
07-28-2003, 12:44 PM
there is a topic for the disconection of the battery alarm in this forum, just search for it!!!

Brianguy
08-06-2003, 04:28 PM
batt alarm?! is this standard for that year?