PDA

View Full Version : Battery not charging

rawtunez
02-21-2008, 02:09 PM
It seems I have a problem. Every 5-6 days my battery ends up dead. I went to autozone to let them test my battery and altenator. The battery tested "bad" but he said the alternator was fine. Then, I took my battery to Pep boys where I bought it to get it exchanged. When they tested the battery it tested "good" so I took it back and tested it at auto zone again. This time it tested "Good". It just started happening when somene broke into may car and shattered my pass side window.

Edit can you move this to the 8g forums

WarmAndSCSI
02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Why don't you have AutoZone or Pep Boys try to charge the battery to see if it even takes a charge (granted, this is part of what the "battery test" does, it won't hurt anything)?

IceDouTGaLanT
02-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I had this issue, my battery would show "good" but after 1-week not driving the car i guess it drains out, its prob just old battery. Just replace it

WarmAndSCSI
02-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I think the problem is that Pep Boys won't replace it unless it tests "bad."

silver01g
02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah ive been meaning ask everybody what size battery is needed for our 8g's? i got my battery from autozone by my house, but i needed to change it out so i went to the one by my work, and when i told what i had, he said thats what the problem was, that i had a wipey battery on my car. so what size is the needed battery?

rawtunez
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I do thet every week lol. i get it charged bbefore it completely drains out

WarmAndSCSI
02-21-2008, 04:11 PM
You should probably just explain this to them if you're expecting to get a free replacement. Otherwise, just cough up the cash for a new battery.

fliegendaffe
02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
i would just get a new battery.

rawtunez
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
got a new battery same thing happens

i have to unplug my batter every night

Fishboy55
08-07-2008, 05:57 AM
got a new battery same thing happens

i have to unplug my batter every night

OK, let's get back to basics. You never had this problem before your car got broken into.When your car got broken into, what was stolen? Did they take your radio/system? Was it just yanked out with the harness cut? Obviously if your battery is going dead overnight, every night, something is draining it. If there's a short in the radio harness that might be a good place to start. You said your passenger window was shattered. Does the window control on the passenger side work? If the switch is stuck or a connector has a short, that would also drain the battery quickly. Your problem is one that you're going to have to search for, but do so methodically and you'll eventually find the problem.

rawtunez
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I found out that the inside lights are draining the battery. I just unplugged them and the trunk light but i dont know how to fix the problem

seth98esT
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Are they staying on when the trunk/doors are shut?

ZigenScarface
08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
maybe they messed up a doorpin? is ur door open light on? which light stays on?

rawtunez
08-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I dunno I just found out by using a multimeter and unplugging fuses to see where the drain is coming from.

when they are plugged in I get a 30 ma reading.

when I unplug the trunk light and the top lamp the reading goes to 17ma.

when I take out the fuse it goes to 0.