PDA

View Full Version : It did it again

MidNightRacing
01-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Yesterday i put my car into my garage around 3 p.m to clean it up fully I mean take out the seats and center console and clean it up compleatly. so i just finished up today when i tryed to turn it on it does'nt the garage muts be like 20 degrees in there F*%*g cold . if you look to the left of the screen theres my car and theres my garage. All i need to do is jump it i just felt like bitchin about it. this has happened 2 times befor only in the winter :twisted:

queball
01-03-2003, 07:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yesterday i put my car into my garage around 3 p.m to clean it up fully I mean take out the seats and center console and clean it up compleatly. so i just finished up today when i tryed to turn it on it does'nt Â*the garage muts be like 20 degrees in there F*%*g cold . if you look to the left of the screen theres my car and theres my garage. All i need to do is jump it i just felt like bitchin about it. this has happened 2 times befor only in the winter :twisted:</div>
sounds to me that you need a better battery that can handle the colder weather..

2True
01-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Get it winterized :thumbsup:

pinoyesv6
01-03-2003, 08:56 PM
my recomendation, when u clean the car like that disconnect the battery. with the doors open for a long period of time, ur dome light drains power. also u might want to get ur charging system check out if the two previous times were recent. remember, don't settle 4 stock batery, get the one with the most CCA's u can fit

TJC
01-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, cold weather is just harsh on batteries and like Pinoy says, you have to be careful of leaving stuff on in your car while cleaning and more Cold Cranking Amps rating on a battery definitely helps on startups. If this is a pretty common problem for you, I also recommend you get the best battery there is at the local autoparts store and ask them about the warranty. Usually the better (well more expensive) batteries, come with longer warranties that give you something like 2 years free replacement (shop around).

manybrews
01-03-2003, 10:25 PM
get a DIE HARD.

MidNightRacing
01-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Its just a sh$^^y battery only costed bout $35 I need to find one wit a high cc amp.

bongi
01-05-2003, 07:27 AM
diehard silver, still working after 5 years and it is winter here.

queball
01-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Mines just a checker brand one 1000cc and here in Utah we has some cold winters but it always starts right up.