PDA

View Full Version : Interior Painting w/ Wood Trim

BuZZeDCooKieS
01-03-2003, 06:52 PM
I want t paint the interior of my car but i have the wood trim on the center console (around the radio and shifter) but only there woould i be able to paint over that?

2True
01-03-2003, 07:00 PM
I had te wood also. Just take it off and clean it real good, then give it a light sanding with some fine grade sand paper ( I used 220 ). Remember to clean it off one more time... then PAINT! Whala!

Do the same with the trim around the shifter too :wink:

seth98esT
01-03-2003, 07:11 PM
yep just do as 2true said, its real easy and can look really nice if you do a good job.

or if you do not want to paint it you can buy new ones like carbon fiber or brushed alluminum ones for like $150

heres a cf one on eBay ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10368&item=1876150365') for like $190...it looks good

mitsubishigurl
01-14-2003, 10:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>yep just do as 2true said, its real easy and can look really nice if you do a good job.

or if you do not want to paint it you can buy new ones like carbon fiber or brushed alluminum ones for like $150

heres a cf one on eBay ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10368&item=1876150365') for like $190...it looks good</div>

Where can I get the paint to paint the inside dash

Turboutlaw
01-14-2003, 10:44 AM
depends on whether you mean the dash itself which is probably some type of like vinyl. If you meant just like the dash pieces that were wood and you want to paint them, you can can just use any kind of spray paint really. I would recommend like 3-4 coats, and then some clear coat at the end to protect it.

mitsubishigurl
01-14-2003, 12:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Turboutlaw)</div><div class='quotemain'>depends on whether you mean the dash itself which is probably some type of like vinyl. Â*If you meant just like the dash pieces that were wood and you want to paint them, you can can just use any kind of spray paint really. I would recommend like 3-4 coats, and then some clear coat at the end to protect it.</div>

I want to paint the vents and around the console where it is wood. How would I do that? Any suggestions on color? the outside is silver and the inside is grey. do I have to take out the vents and stuff. where do I get the paint. Its winter and cold here so should i wait till the summer?

jluv97
01-14-2003, 01:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("mitsubishigurl')</div><div class='quotemain'>
I want to paint the vents and around the console where it is wood. How would I do that? Any suggestions on color? the outside is silver and the inside is grey. do I have to take out the vents and stuff. where do I get the paint. Its winter and cold here so should i wait till the summer?</div>

1. Pop the vents out with a screwdriver. Remove the console piece around the shifter, then undo two screws and lift up and out on the wood panel.
2. That is a tough one since the car is pretty simple now for the colors. Do you have indiglo guages or anything? Try to match something else on the car (for example, mine is black, white and burgandy inside of a burgandy car)
3. Yes, remove any pieces you can before you paint
4. Autozone....Duplicolor
5. yes,wait till summer