PDA

View Full Version : Progress Springs Part Number?

BlankMan
01-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Yes, I searched and read through all the topics I could find on Progress Springs. Though I found an abundance of information I did not know, I didn't find what I was looking for - the stock/part number for the set of Progress Springs that would fit my 2001 ES 4Cyl.

Anyone know it?

Also - I read that the 4Cyl and 6Cyl use the same spring set - yet I am finding different listings/part numbers for the 4Cyl and 6Cyl Eclipses when I search prices on the web. Can someone tell me definitely that all 4 models (8g 4Cyl & 6Cyl Galants AND 2000+ 4Cyl & 6Cyl Eclipse) use the same spring set? I just don't want to end up buying something that's wrong for the ride. Thanks all!

J

pinoyesv6
01-03-2003, 08:24 PM
all galants 40.1420

i4 eclipse 40.1405
v6 eclipse 40.14.04

BlankMan
01-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Ok - thanks.

So to clarify - the Eclipse part numbers will NOT work on the Galants and the Galants have thier own part number which represents a completely different set/spring rate. etc.?

J

pinoyesv6
01-05-2003, 07:07 PM
they will work. they fill fit and function pretty much the same. the spring rates are a lil bit different but then again, the eclipse and galant aren't that different. hell, just talking about weight, it could just be the difference between a stock DE galant to a fully loaded eclipse with a sound system etc etc.

BlankMan
01-06-2003, 08:37 AM
So - are the eclipse springs stiffer, looser, other? Anyone have eclipse springs on instead of the galant-specific? How are they?

I'm asking so many questions because I want to save money if possible. Best price for eclipse springs is $119 (at groupbuycenter). Best price I've found for galant springs is $149 + $20 shipping.

Thanks again for the advice.

J

pinoyesv6
01-06-2003, 10:13 AM
unless ur an ass and can feel the slightest variation, chances are ur not gonna feel a real difference. and if u can, ur ass probably needs a better kit like the JIC kit or something. to tell u the truth, many companies sell list the eclipse springs for galant springs and vice versa so u shouldn't be worried.

BlankMan
01-06-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm an ass and can feel the slightest vibrations https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

More likely: the best roads in Sioux City, IA are like the worst roads on the West coast. I wanna lower my car without sacrificing too much ride quality...

J