PDA

View Full Version : Can I Use Springs...

Bigg Boi
01-03-2003, 09:24 PM
...to lower an 8G with a shogun kit? I'm planning on getting a kit in mid to late spring and was wondering if I had to go with coilovers or can I go with lowering springs? I want to keep a soft ride but still be lower. Sorry if this has been asked before.

pinoyesv6
01-03-2003, 09:40 PM
i'd go with the eibachs if u were gonna use lowering springs. like 1 inchdrop. an old member used coilovers wit his shogun and raised the coilovers as far asthe can go (1 inhdrop) to prevent from scraping all the time

Bigg Boi
01-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Do you think that springs will give enought clearance?

pinoyesv6
01-04-2003, 08:05 PM
depends on the type you get. if you get some progress springs or something then ur gonna scrape all the time until u scrape off ur kit. if u were to go with the eibach's made for the galant you might be able to pull it off. but i'd still stick with the coils. i know its more expensive but overall ur saving money. all u buy is a kit and the coils. if u went with springs and scraped u'd buy the kit, springs, money to repair the kit and then coils anyways

Bigg Boi
01-04-2003, 10:08 PM
It isn't so much about money as it is about the ride. But... I'd sacrifice ride over a paint job anyday. Thanks for the help.