PDA

View Full Version : dent removal products?

Rusty
02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
does anyone know of a product the i can use to remove the dent in my rear fender? before anyone says go to a body shop, i cannot afford it. the dent isn't really that bad, it just doesn't look that attractive after i wax my car. im not too sure what hit it, as it was there when i bought the car, but its about 12 - 13 inches long and about 6 - 8 inches tall. the paint wasn't damaged so it should still be good after the dent is popped. i've seen the dent poppers that use suction cups, but they don't look that good. i am just trying to avoid sanding, stud welding and painting. so if anyone knows of any good products, let me know. thanks in advance

pinoyesv6
03-01-2008, 11:10 AM
a picture is worth a thousand words.

ericbla03
03-01-2008, 11:51 AM
they have a dent puller at autozone (or advanced auto parts) that is a large suction cup (about 4-5 inches across). The one i bought there was bright orange and was about 7 bucks. That should do the trick.

Also, is it in an area that you can get inside the trunk and push it out??

Rusty
03-01-2008, 03:24 PM
they have a dent puller at autozone (or advanced auto parts) that is a large suction cup (about 4-5 inches across). The one i bought there was bright orange and was about 7 bucks. That should do the trick.

Also, is it in an area that you can get inside the trunk and push it out??

no. that was the first thing i tried. im getting ready to go out and clean my engine bay, so ill take a pic while im out there.

jhendra83
03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Funny that you created this thread as I was going to post the same thing. I was actually at advance auto parts and looking at a DING KING product (seen on TV...as the claimed it on the box). The dude who's working there said that the product isn't any good. Many people returned it cuz it didn't do the job as it supposed to. It's only $20 (where some sellers on ebay sell them for $20-$30). What do u guys think about this product? Is it any good?

99 galant
03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
i have the two smallest dents one on my hood and the other next to the trunk. i didnt do any of them. my car has all these scratches and i didnt do a thing to it lol. people need to learn how to drive b4 they trade a car in for a new one

anyways, they are kinda rusting, ill take pics after work tomorrow, but what should i do? they are like golf ball sized

mapid145
03-01-2008, 10:55 PM
i also heard of another way.. u blast it with heat and then u freeze it with liquid nitrogen

dont quote me on that though... coulda been for something else

Grider
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
i have the two smallest dents one on my hood and the other next to the trunk. i didnt do any of them. my car has all these scratches and i didnt do a thing to it lol. people need to learn how to drive b4 they trade a car in for a new one

anyways, they are kinda rusting, ill take pics after work tomorrow, but what should i do? they are like golf ball sized

Tell me about it. All off the dents on my car have been stupid people in parking lots. Note I wasnt ever in my car when it happened or I woulda kicked a dent in there car just to be fair. lol

But yea Ive seen those rip off 20 dollar sucksion cups and I wouldnt waist that much on a piece of plastic.

keefin
03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
i also heard of another way.. u blast it with heat and then u freeze it with liquid nitrogen

You're right, I was just reading about this when searching on the web. I'm gonna try it and let yall know if it works for me. I have a bunch of small dents on my hood and also the rear door. Imma try and take pictures before and after. Heres the link w/ video tutorials: http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

G-spot
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
The dude who's working there said that the product isn't any good. Many people returned it cuz it didn't do the job as it supposed to.
the glue that came with the kit sux monkey balls :(

mapid145
03-23-2008, 10:49 PM
haha.. major monkey balls.. and when u apply the 'hot glue' it has to be decentlly warm outside.. it cant be cold. and that product doesnt work at all

Rusty
03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
so i went and bought a "Ding King" today. total waste of money! the glue is crap. i could see the dent start to lift and then the glue would break free. the stuff they put in the box to remove the glue with doesnt work, i have half dollar size black spots where the glue was. and here is the kicker. the glue pulled paint off!!! i am currently in the process of filing a claim to get it fixed. "Won't harm your car's finish." "Makes your car look showroom new" what a load of crap. when i called their office i asked to speak with Billy whatever his last name is, but they just said he doesnt handle customer claims. i got the $17.10 back that i paid for it, but now im just waiting on a call back to set up a time to meet with their insurance rep. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!

edit: i really didnt expect it to work, i just bought it because i was bored and thought 'hey, whats the worst it could do.' i was gonna try it and take it back saying it didnt work.

kbeast
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
y not a plunger ?

stkiflngaz
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
well guess im not guying the ding king... sonds pretty bad

IceDouTGaLanT
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
i bought this the other day, this does not work. I have no creased dents i used shit load of their glue yet nothing. I tried little dents, and big ones on my roof nothing came out. I can see it pulling the dent up, but the shitty glue comes off. Im going back to pepboys returning this junk. lol guess ill have to pay the bodyshop when car goes in, figure i save few bucks and try it out. btw its $19.99 at pepboys incase anybody wants to try.

SleekGTZ
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I don't know why it didn't work for you guys, but it worked for me. Ding King was able to remove 3 big dents on my van and a small dent on my 8g. I did it during a hot summer day though.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Did you let the car sit in the sun? i read the instructions it said cool 50-60 degrees so I left mine in the garage. Ill try it again tomorrow in the sun before i return it then. I even let it sit for 5 min's like it stated but no luck

RAZ_76
08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
If the dent caused a crease, even a small one, if you pop it back out, it will look worse then it is now. If it's just a push in, then you might be able to push it out. If I saw a picture I might be able to help you. A small dent to you, means major damage to me and vice verse.

SleekGTZ
08-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Did you let the car sit in the sun? i read the instructions it said cool 50-60 degrees so I left mine in the garage. Ill try it again tomorrow in the sun before i return it then. I even let it sit for 5 min's like it stated but no luck

I did mine last year, but it was hot like in the 90's but the car was partly shaded under a tree, but still hot. One thing to note though is that it usually takes a couple of "pulls" until you get it right, and it says so in the instructions as well.

Also, it probably worked for me because the dents that I have were pushed in that poped out properly.

EATsleepJDM
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
You're right, I was just reading about this when searching on the web. I'm gonna try it and let yall know if it works for me. I have a bunch of small dents on my hood and also the rear door. Imma try and take pictures before and after. Heres the link w/ video tutorials: http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

has anyone tried the techniques that are on that site?

greddy
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm, might be worth a shot if you are already sending your car to the body shop.

jamesgalant
11-20-2008, 01:20 PM
i have a dent on the hood where the latch sits..it sucks cuzz i got this dent on the freeway a freakin 4X4 wood from the other side of the freeway flew in the air and hit my hood and bumper...4 weeks after i got my bumper replaced and painted from an accident... i guess it serves me right i was driving in the car pool lane goin 80....tried other suction products..doesnt work ..i even dry ice?? i know...maybe i need to drill a hole and hammer it out??

Boosted
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.pdrtool.com/photos/563.jpg
These are what professionals use. You have to locate the dent and push it out it by removing any interior pieces (door panel, headliner, etc.). It works; trust me. They can be found here: http://www.pdr-tools.com/Tool_Kits.asp

dwjp90
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM

heat it with HEAT GUN/BLOWDRIER then spray keyboard cleaner on it (hold the can upside down) worked for a few dents for me. might take a few tries

EATsleepJDM
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
heat it with HEAT GUN/BLOWDRIER then spray keyboard cleaner on it (hold the can upside down) worked for a few dents for me. might take a few tries

yea i saw some vids like that but wasnt sure they were legit.i might have to try that out sometime. and how big were the dents it fixed?

IceDouTGaLanT
12-07-2008, 04:39 PM
i tried that heat gun/ co2 spray, it dosnt work well for me at-least. I used a whole can of dust off too

02redgalant
12-07-2008, 05:51 PM

yeaaa that didn't work for me...

kidfresh89
08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I recently got into a car accident. I got a quote from the insurance company saying the damage is just above a $1000 the only thing that realy needs to be fixed is the front bumper. A new one is around $200.00, i was hopeing i could just pop the big dent out. any tricks you guys have used in the past? im going to try the hair dryer method tommorow.

djhah
08-17-2011, 01:05 PM
The hair drier dent trick only works on some dents

kidfresh89
08-18-2011, 03:08 PM
i went the hair dryer method to loosen the body up and then a block of wood to help bring put the dent. after i used a little hammer and kind of like a needle looking thing to bring out the high spots. the hot and cold method useing co2 did not do anything for me.