PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light revisited

paulbunyan
01-04-2003, 05:04 PM
All,
I posted many times before about my damned check engine light coming on, and how my car won't start when its warm. Anyways, I went to the AutoZone and here's he codes that came up when he read my ECU:

P0302 #2 Cylinder misfire
P0115 Coolant temp circuit

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should try to fix?? Im thinking the coolant temp switch is the 1st thing, this may be what's causing the warm start problems too...

paulbunyan

manybrews
01-05-2003, 01:24 AM
coolant temp sensor failures are fairly common, and it could definatly cause a hard starting situation.

paulbunyan
01-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Manybrews,
Thank you for the sound advice. Now I KNOW I'm gonna change out the coolant temp switch, I recall you saying you were a MItsu tech, I am sure you have seen this problem often, thanks for posting a reply :-)

paulbunyan

manybrews
01-05-2003, 10:27 AM
well, personally, id CHECK it first.

although its fairly cheap and easy to replace, so if you dont wanna waste the time and happen to have 30 bucks lying around, you may as well just swap it out.

paulbunyan
01-12-2003, 06:54 PM
All,
I went to JK Auto Parts today and
bought a new Coolant Temperature
Sensor. When I got the code read
at that AutoZone in La Plata it
came up with 2 codes, I think I
mentioned them above, but in case
I didn't they were #2 Cylinder
Misfire, and Engine Coolant
Temperature Circuit. I replaced
the sensor earlier and drove from
Arlington to Gaitersburg and it
hasn't come on yet. I'll post
again at the end of the week and
let you know if the light comes
back on. Also, it hasn't demonstrated
that warm start problem yet.

paulbunyan

p.s. The sensor was $20 at JK and
it took about 5 minutes to install.

paulbunyan
01-18-2003, 05:54 PM
All,
The check engine light has not came back on. The car runs markedly better, and the warm starting problem has not manifested itself again. On an aside, I went out Crazy Ray's today and got a 16V head to bolt up to my Audi short block that I plan on turboing and throwing into a VW Rabbit :-)

paulbunyan

warren
06-11-2010, 05:49 PM
how you fix it

mko
06-12-2010, 03:40 AM
lol that was unnecessary