PDA

View Full Version : what is SRS

krazienluv10
01-04-2003, 08:19 PM
hey guys i noticed my SRS light keeps lighting up, i was wondering what that ment??

pinoyesv6
01-04-2003, 08:28 PM
thats not good. thats like the supplementary restrain system light aka the air bags. get that check out by the dealer whenever possible. chances are ur airbags aren't gonna deploy prematurely but i wouldn't give that a reason not to visit the dealer since u might get into a situation (god forbid) where u might need em

evil-G-nius
01-09-2003, 03:14 AM
if it stays on its a problem, if it goes on when you start the car and then goes off it is just letting you know that it is active. Not a big deal at all

GalantSpeed
03-25-2003, 07:18 PM
My SRS light came on today after i installed a new stereo, but it doesn't stay on, it lights up when i am driving for like a minute then it goes off for a minute or so and keeps going on and off. could i have done something from installing the stereo? i thought that if it was a major problem then the light would stay on constantly. but it doesn't. it comes and goes...

JiP
03-26-2003, 09:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantSpeed)</div><div class='quotemain'>My SRS light came on today after i installed a new stereo, but it doesn't stay on, it lights up when i am driving for like a minute then it goes off for a minute or so and keeps going on and off. could i have done something from installing the stereo? i thought that if it was a major problem then the light would stay on constantly. but it doesn't. it comes and goes...</div>

Technically its not suposed to come on at all, aside from when u start up your car its on for a sec...so...

GalantSpeed
03-27-2003, 05:26 AM
I talked to a guy who was from an auto electric shop, he told me to check my ground wires, he said if one ground is too close to the SRS module or the ABS module it will cause the light to come on and off. sure enough i checked my grounds and no more light.

jluv97
03-28-2003, 10:31 AM
The Module is located under your center console / armrest

manybrews
03-28-2003, 05:29 PM
if you dont know what youre doing, do NOT try to diagnose a SRS system by yourself.
an errant ohmmeter at the wrong terminal WILL set off an airbag.

leave it to someone that knows what theyre doing.