PDA

View Full Version : LED Spoiler Light

LantBoy
01-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Hey guys I got a spoiler on my 99 and ever since I baught it the LED lights havent worked. I even disconnected the 3rd brake light and wired the wires to that but it still doesnt work. Any ideas? Suggestions?

HeadAche
01-04-2003, 11:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LantBoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys I got a spoiler on my 99 and ever since I baught it the LED lights havent worked. I even disconnected the 3rd brake light and wired the wires to that but it still doesnt work. Any ideas? Suggestions?</div>

Only thing i can think of is check how u wired it could be mixed up but i doubt that though.. The bulbs in the LED could be bad, but i say write to the company that makes it and see if they have any ideas..

HondaKillerGTZ
01-05-2003, 02:58 PM
check the connection... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Reelax
01-05-2003, 03:01 PM
LED's run on much lower current than regular bulbs. you will need a resistor if the LED's weren't ired w/ one in... i hope u didn't burn your LEDs. i think the resistor is 220 ohm. check w/ radioshack for the right one to go from 12V to whatever the LED's draw.

pinoyesv6
01-05-2003, 07:25 PM
u spoiler come with the car? if it did well u shoulda talked ot the dealer. if its aftermarket, the first directions say to test fit the spoiler and make sure the LED's are working. if u know the manufacturer, contact them. make sure that the wires are not damaged and that they are hooked up correctly.

as for the resistors, chances are u don't have to be worried about that. the led's are either 12v led's or have the resistors already soldered to the circuit board.

if u can't get any luck, try electrodyne.cc, they have replacement led's for spoilers. they might have something that will fit urs

quicksilver22
01-05-2003, 10:21 PM
quick ? with these, not to interupt the post or anything but.... I'm getting my spoiler put on right now and, maybe I should wait to ask this but might as well go ahead just in case, will my 3rd brake light and led light on spoiler work at the same time, or is it one or the other, or is it both?

mrjaydeeone
01-05-2003, 10:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick ? with these, not to interupt the post or anything but.... Â* I'm getting my spoiler put on right now and, maybe I should wait to ask this but might as well go ahead just in case, will my 3rd brake light and led light on spoiler work at the same time, or is it one or the other, or is it both?</div>

both will work...
cause I'm guessing the spoiler is either tapped into the brake lights or the 3rd brake light...
I had spoiler installed at dealer, and both work....looked kinda funny with both lighting up though...so I removed the bulb from the 3rd brake light