PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow Exhaust?

aDIsease
03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Hey, I own a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ V6 3.0L.

Om rather new to TGC and my Galant.

So I'm looking for a full cat back exhaust system for my car. I know theres the DC Sports Single one for it, but I just wanted to know if this would work?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=234
http://www.lmperformance.com/18034/93.html (Same thing, better price)

I've just always really like MF, so I kinda wanted to see if this would work, before I'm forced to buy the DC Sports.

Thanks for your time, Cam.

RAZ_76
03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome to TGC!
It will work but you will have to extend the pipe on it since the eclipse is shorter but other then that, you are good to go. You can go with pretty much any 2000-2005 eclipse cat back exhaust, just have to extend the pipe about 10 inches maybe.

RedGalant2k1
03-07-2008, 09:22 AM
In short it only works with mods like Raz said. Specifically about ten inches of pipe right before and over the rear axle.

aDIsease
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Awesome! thanks a lot.

Any ideas how it would sound? not too much like a ricer Honda i hope :S

That was super fast! any suggestions what to use for the extra 10 inches?

I'm supposed to be getting a Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake System with a Ram Air Kit today. Cant wait, its the first thing done to it other then the stereo which is a must. I got 2 JL Audio 10w0's and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 400Watt to pump them which is hooked up to my Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, gotta love the iPod.

Cam.

RAZ_76
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
It should not sound rice, most V6 doesn't.
Any suggestions what to use for the extra 10 inches?
Me! No im just messing :lol:, just 2.25 exhaust pipe to make that one longer.

Silverfoxx_GTZ
03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
It should not sound rice, most V6 doesn't.
Any suggestions what to use for the extra 10 inches?
Me! No im just messing :lol:, just 2.25 exhaust pipe to make that one longer.

lmao, it took me twice reading that to get it.

RAZ_76
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
:lol:

aDIsease
03-08-2008, 06:48 AM
lol.. took me like 5 times to read it to get it.. well play'd.. jokes :P

thats awesome.. Ill haveta tell my buddy to get ready to install some exhaust then.. lol

Im gonna contact muffler man if i can and get a quote.

just another quick question, just wondering if you know if theres any other galant brothers or sisters out there in London, Ontario, Canada. I've seen one exactly like mine but baby blue and with rims. just wonderin if hes on this site :)

RAZ_76
03-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Theresone gu that I know for sure that he's from Ontario, has an 02 with 5 spd conversion and has a body kit. Cant think of his name right now.

komodo
03-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm from Canada. Unfortunetely I'm from Montreal.
I know folkds in London/Windsor.. and oh boy a bajillion other cities in Canada.

There is a states-Galant-owner. His name is.. uhm... I forget. I feel bad though. But I think he moved back to America by now, he was in Tdot for school for like 8 weeks or so...

And to answer your question better. There MIGHT be other Galant owners. Just not on TGC. All of our past Canadian members seemed to have stop coming by here.
So, it's just you, Qs [he's from Quebec as well] and me... and the other fellow I just mentioned.
Shit I feel bad I'm going to get his name for you!!!

There is an "international forum" section.. there's a thread for Canadians and such. Nothing happens there. =]

komodo
03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I found it!!! He's fliegendaffe. But as I stated, he probably went back to the states. Uhm.. I was just in his thread he made.
He's from Bloomington, IL. He stayed in Richmond Hills.

But, you know. London is only about an hour to two away from Windsor, which is directly across Detroit, MI. Maybe you can also try to find any members here that live in Michigan [if there are any].

aDIsease
03-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Well at least i know theres a few in Ontario then :)

they should make it part of mutsubishis contract to sign up with TGC, then have a pic of a globe with lights representin galants over the world.. lol

maybe thats a lil far fetched, but hey, would be kinda cool to see :P

anywho, thanks for all your help im gonna go ahead and order that Magnaflow exhaust system.

I get my Weapon-R SW with ram air on monday, cant wait :D:D:D

beam514
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Theresone gu that I know for sure that he's from Ontario, has an 02 with 5 spd conversion and has a body kit. Cant think of his name right now.

Qs?

komodo
03-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Qs?

Qs is from Quebec...

RedGalant2k1
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I found it!!! He's fliegendaffe. But as I stated, he probably went back to the states. Uhm.. I was just in his thread he made.
He's from Bloomington, IL. He stayed in Richmond Hills.

But, you know. London is only about an hour to two away from Windsor, which is directly across Detroit, MI. Maybe you can also try to find any members here that live in Michigan [if there are any].

There are a number of TGC Michigan members.

aDIsease
03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Thats awesome!. any in Ohio? I go there every year to Cedar Point. last time i went i seen a brand new EVO so i hadda pack beside him.. i still think my galant looks meaner!

beam514
03-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Qs is from Quebec...

Oh sorry all I knew was that he was from canada

komodo
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh sorry all I knew was that he was from canada

No need to be sorry!
I'd probably make the same mistake if I wasn't Canadian.
Should blame Qs for not posting more though... :lol:

aDIsease
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
So I orderd the Magnaflow 15744 for my Galant. It should be here on monday, im rather exited. the only thing thats been keepin me up at night is that it doesnt fit.

i know its almost a foot to short. i just want to know where its short and how hard its gonna be to make it fit. im gonna haveta do some welding arent i?

anyone know anyone that has successfully installed this system before?