PDA

View Full Version : Bogging down...

SkylineG1
03-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Well the last time it snowed here it turned to water pretty quickly. I was driving home when I drove right into a huge puddle. since then the G has been acting very funny.

I) the belts now hum when I am at a stand still
II) sometimes after driving for a bit whenever I stop & put her in P she starts to bog a bit & then eventually shuts off.

I spoke to Sleeper & he said that I might have gotten water in my intake & it is messing with the readout of the MAS to the computer. He said that I should buy a MAS Sensor cleaner at an autoparts store. The problem is I've never used that product before & I don't want to mess anything up so how do I use it? I if anyone has any other solution to the problem please let me know.

Thanks

QnzMostWanted
03-07-2008, 06:14 PM
just disconnect ur mas and spray, let it dry then put it back

WarmAndSCSI
03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Actually cleaning the MAF won't do much on these cars. All you're really cleaning is the air guides and the IAT. That spray stuff is mainly intended for hot-wire type MAFs that have the airflow element sitting in open air. All of the goodies inside our MAF are held outside of the air stream and catch the vortices created by the air guides from above.

Good luck with it working. You're not going to break anything by using it.

Rastus
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Make sure the air filter is dry. I know that's a no brainer, but...

Koncept
03-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Back when I used to deliver pizzas all the time, I was using a cheap-o CAI, and one day I was driving in the rain for hours and hours on end. My car bogged down and then died altogether. I got it to start back up and drive about half a block but then it died again. I had my car towed to my house, and I took off the whole intake system and let it dry overnight. Put it back together, and everything was all good after that.