PDA

View Full Version : 7g With Parasitic Draw..

alexstayboostn
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Whats up guys.. Ive been having a problem lately with my 7g with the car not starting every 2 to 3 days that i dont drive the car.. i make sure i dont leave any lights on and everything.. i did the parasitic draw test at school and the amperage was found to come up .261 amps.. I want to know the factory specs on this.. if anyones had this problem before what could be going wrong here? its killing my battery everytime.. ive already gone threw 2 batteries in the past 5 months.. help me ! lol thanks guys for your input..

evil-G-nius
03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
might be old wiring...I have a similar problem. even with driving the car every day. Certain times I turn on the car I get low voltage...if I rev the car past 3K rpms the volts shoot up to normal. I especially notice it at night. When I do it the dash gets brighter and all is cool. I am not sure what it is either but the only thing I can think of right now is old wiring. I mean my car is 12 years old...not sure what year 7G you have but its anywhere from 10-14 years old

QnzMostWanted
03-08-2008, 05:15 PM
my 7g did that too,,,gave a higher output alternator and everything was fine

mko
03-10-2008, 10:51 PM
.261 amps.. I want to know the factory specs on this.. if anyones had this problem before what could be going wrong here? its killing my battery everytime.. ive already gone threw 2 batteries in the past 5 months.. help me ! lol thanks guys for your input..

I dont know the factory battery discharge, but 0.26 A is way too much. I'm talking about mA of discharge, so look for the problem. You can get away with battery master kill switch, maybe