PDA

View Full Version : Help W/Autometer oil pressure Gauge

davebernard
01-05-2003, 07:24 PM
I Have a Autometer Electical Oil pressure gague. After getting under the car finding the sending unit and getting the old one out. The new sending unti would not fit, it was rubbing the block. Went to the store and got a extender (1/8"). The sending unit will thread into the extender but not into the block. :evil: I noticed that the stock fitting is sorta tapered at the end and on the Autometer/and extender are not. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

VegasMatt
01-05-2003, 10:15 PM
I had the same problem with my galant installing the AC autotechnic this weekend. I had to take my car to my shop to have them do it. I dont know what they did, but they got it to fit. If you want, I can give you the number and you can call them here in LV.

Matt

davebernard
01-06-2003, 12:33 AM
That would be great! I messed around with it for a hour or so and then decided to say @#%* it and give up.

VegasMatt
01-06-2003, 12:45 AM
I had to go to two shops before i found one that could get it on. The first one said they could not do it cuz it was hitting the block and wouldnt get it on. I was like whatever. So i went to another shop they hooked it up, along with my water temp gauge and my volts gauge.

If you want to go to yellowpages.com the name of the place is regulate motorsports. I dont know if they can help you over the phone but its a start. If not ill find their number and post it. They are located on W. Spring Mountain Rd.

Matt

davebernard
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
thanks I will check into it in the morning at work. Thanks

manybrews
01-06-2003, 08:44 PM
if the autometer fitting is NOT tapered, its NOT a true hydraulic plug.

hydraulic plugs MUST be tapered to be legal.

davebernard
01-09-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm an IDIOT!!!!!! I called that shop in Vegas and they wernt any help, they wanted me to bring in my car, an 800 mile drive to the shop wasent for me. But thanks for the suggestion Matt. I e-mailed Autometer and I need a metric adapter. that would explain why it wouldent fit. I will pick it up in the morning and it should work. The part #2269. it cost around $8. just thought that I would let everyone know to help out with some frustration.

Fishboy55
01-09-2003, 09:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davebernard)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm an IDIOT!!!!!! Â*I called that shop in Vegas and they wernt any help, they wanted me to bring in my car, an 800 mile drive to the shop wasent for me. But thanks for the suggestion Matt. I e-mailed Autometer and I need a metric adapter. that would explain why it wouldent fit. Â*I will pick it up in the morning and it should work. The part #2269. it cost around $8. just thought that I would let everyone know to help out with some frustration.</div>

Great Find Dave. I'm thinking of getting the same gauge for my pillar pod and want to buy all the right parts at once. So you need the metric adapter and the extension to replace the stock sender? Also, how did you get the wiring through the firewall? Thanks for the help.

Chip

Messiah
01-09-2003, 10:19 AM
I may be a little late with this info....when I installed my Electric Oil Pressure gauge, the sender unit's thread size was 1/8-27 NPT and it fits perfectly. Hope I'm not too late.

davebernard
01-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Well After getting the adapter today I tried to put it in but I didnt have any luck. It could see what I was doing since it was dark and my car was still warm and hot oil was dripping out on me!! It seems like it should work fine with the adapter but I will not have any time to try it until Sunday. I will let you know then how it worked out. As for the wires I drilled a hole in the firewall and installed a gromment that came with the autometer gauge.