PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Hubs

Bishi
03-11-2008, 03:55 AM
I have some play in the right front wheel hub according to the mechanic who did my alignment. With 164K on the body, I figure the left front and both rear hubs are probably not far behind. Does any one know the life expectancy of the wheel hubs? Where can I find new ones at the best price? Any help would be appreciated!

laxinwarrior
03-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Junkyard is best price, dealer for quality.

eksz
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I've not had to do any work on my hubs and have 240K miles on my 94 ES. I would assume play in the front hub is because of a bad wheel bearing or because the the wheel bearing isn't adjusted correctly. Are you sure you need to replace the hub?

mko
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Junkyard is best price, dealer for quality.

True, true

Bishi
03-11-2008, 11:39 PM
I believe the wheel bearing is part of hub assembly and has to be replaced as a unit. The manual says the hub assy is not repairable; if defective , replacement is the only option. If I can replace the bearings themselves I would rather do that with the cost of the hub being about $100, otherwise I will most likely replace just the one and hope the rest last for quite awile.

Bishi
03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Talked to the parts guy at the dealership and the wheel hubs usually don't have problems, so looks like I will be replacing just the one.