PDA

View Full Version : Doing dual piston calipers, few questions though

spdracr
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
im getting the calipers powder coated but i wanna make sure i got all the right parts before i send them out im not sure what calipers i got for the front but i was told that the brackets wont fit, now i know i can go and try them and see if they fit but its too cold outside and i dont have my jack

does anyone know the distance between the center of the 2 holes ???

also i know stratuses, eclipses and galants are identical when it comes to the rear disk swap and i was told that to buy the eclipse gsx rotors since they are the cheapest, can someone confirm that for me ??

for the front i have 2 sets of dual piston calipers one came from a diamante and i dont know what the other one came off but i know they are both identical since the holes line up, also not sure which car the rear disk swap came off either

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

spdracr
03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
help :(

run1206
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
mrjaydeeone could help you with dual piston calipers, i think he has them on his 8G

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Go to your car and measure center hole to center hole and that will give you the distance.

9G
03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
its not the same size?

spdracr
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Go to your car and measure center hole to center hole and that will give you the distance.

i can do that, but its cold and i dont have my jack so i figured someone would know

its not the same size?

divinity got me the swap and i think another member who is from florida got the swap for himself and he had to go back and get different brackets, im trying to think of his tgc name he has the numbers 2150 in his name

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
You talking about DUH 2150

WarmAndSCSI
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
i can do that, but its cold and i dont have my jack so i figured someone would know

divinity got me the swap and i think another member who is from florida got the swap for himself and he had to go back and get different brackets, im trying to think of his tgc name he has the numbers 2150 in his name

Oh Jesus, you're working with Divinity and duh2150. Good luck with that.

spdracr
03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
You talking about DUH 2150

yes

Oh Jesus, you're working with Divinity and duh2150. Good luck with that.

well not working with them, she got me the dual piston calipers and the rear disk swap for a great price and then sent me a PM few weeks later telling me that the front calipers wont work since the brackets arent the same and duh2150 had that problem and i need different brackets

today MKO got me calipers and brackets from a diamante and i think it was the generation prior to the 1997 and the holes are identical, i read here on the boards the measurements from center to center of both holes and i searched but couldnt find it

WarmAndSCSI
03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I was just kidding around (while letting you know his name). :D

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Went and measured mine 6 1/4.

spdracr
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Went and measured mine 6 1/4.

just to make sure u measured the right holes, u measured the 2 holes that screws the bracket into the spindle, right ???

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Come on dude, yes! lol. The holes on my Brembos measure the same exact thing. The short ones on the back, not the guide pin and top bolt.

spdracr
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
mine measured 4 3/4 :(

spdracr
03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
so i am screwed i got 2 sets of calipers with brackets that wont fit i need brackets damm it

spdracr
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
so how about the rotors ?? which ones are the cheapest that would work for me ??

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Before you can get rotors, you need to find out what car those calipers are from because if they are from a 2000 eclipse Gt, you have to get rotors specifically for that.

underated
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
i got rotors and pads from autozone i believe they are lifetime replacement too but now i have the power slot bbk

spdracr
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
power slot bbk is the way to go but i thought the rotors are all the same identical so it should matter what calipers i got

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Yes except 2000 eclipse Gt. Different size rotors. I know because I had them and had to buy rotors made just for a 2000GT. SO find out before something else doesn't fit. Just giving you heads up dude.

I think he ran into same issues as you and just found you to buy them, thats jsut what I think. Yes we do have the banjo fitting lne anbd you must use the same. Those calipers are worthless.

spdracr
03-12-2008, 11:26 PM
well the calipers i have apparently are the GSX kind thanks to underated tutorial :) so im looking for brackets

but out of curiosity how r they different ??

RAZ_76
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
The rotors are slightly bigger then the rest.

underated
03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
the dual piston caliper rotors are bigger then the single piston ones

underated
03-12-2008, 11:47 PM
dammit thats what i get for not refreshing the page before i posted lol

Raz is on top of it tho lol

spdracr
03-13-2008, 12:06 AM
the dual piston caliper rotors are bigger then the single piston ones

i know the dual piston is bigger than the single piston but he said that the GT eclipse ones are bigger than the others meaning bigger then the GSX calipers and diamante calipers, at least that what i think he meant

Divinity
03-13-2008, 12:07 AM
The brackets that fit are the ones off of a 2g diamante. They are the same exact brackets as the 2piston 8g stock brackets. That's how we fixed Aaron's. Yeah, I thought that since the actual calipers where the same for the 1g diamante, 2g diamante, eclipse, 3000gt sl and the galant, the brackets would be the same too but that definitely wasnt the case! So you can still use either set of the actual calipers you have, just get another bracket instead of a complete set, we just ended up using the 1g caliper and the bracket off of a 2g.

spdracr
03-13-2008, 12:17 AM
The brackets that fit are the ones off of a 2g diamante. They are the same exact brackets as the 2piston 8g stock brackets. That's how we fixed Aaron's. Yeah, I thought that since the actual calipers where the same for the 1g diamante, 2g diamante, eclipse, 3000gt sl and the galant, the brackets would be the same too but that definitely wasnt the case! So you can still use either set of the actual calipers you have, just get another bracket instead of a complete set, we just ended up using the 1g caliper and the bracket off of a 2g.

these calipers that i have use the screw in fitting for the oil line and our cars has the banjo bolt for the oil lines, right ??

also u said u used the 2g brackets ?? i thought the 2g brackets wont work either, or did i get this wrong

Divinity
03-13-2008, 12:30 AM
The 2g brackets will work, I think we got them off of a... 99 or 00 diamante. They are identical to the 2piston 8g brackets. As for the brake hoses fitting onto the caliper with the male fitting instead of the banjo... if you are planning on going stainless steel, call up Road Race Engineering and ask for the '2g eclipse to 3000gt' hoses for the front only. If you want to stay with the stock hoses, you have to modify the banjo bolts on your car (the bongos:lol:) by shaving it down just a little bit, it's not a lot, maybe 3-4 threads worth. Pm duh2150 on how he shaved them down.

RAZ_76
03-13-2008, 12:45 AM
That's too much modification if you ask me for some brakes. I would not want to be shaving and cutting stuff that has to do with the most important tool on my car for stopping me and try and modify them in any way. No room for failure here. My advice to you, now you do what you want to of course but I would sell everything you bought. And do it right. Get some calipers with a pair of brackets together from say a 2000GT. Don't have to shave and cut nothing, this is your life bro.

spdracr
03-13-2008, 01:28 AM
That's too much modification if you ask me for some brakes. I would not want to be shaving and cutting stuff that has to do with the most important tool on my car for stopping me and try and modify them in any way. No room for failure here. My advice to you, now you do what you want to of course but I would sell everything you bought. And do it right. Get some calipers with a pair of brackets together from say a 2000GT. Don't have to shave and cut nothing, this is your life bro.

u mean 3000gt not 2000gt and those use a different fitting but i get ur point, im selling what i got if i dont get a seller soon on here or club3g i will hit dsmtuners then ebay

thanks for all the input for now until i get the new calipers then i will revive this thread again

RAZ_76
03-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Nope I meant 2000 eclipse GT

spdracr
03-13-2008, 01:52 AM
oh ok its late and im getting tired :)