PDA

View Full Version : RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

RIPPMODS
01-06-2003, 09:31 AM
formal thank you to Davin (Owner of the Galant tester) for being the test bed for our SDS. WITHOUT HIM WE WOULD NOT have BEEN ABLE TO BUILD A KIT....

We are going to need a 2nd tester a 5SPD and it must be an 4cyl Eclipse. You must be in the Tri State area.

OK guys the testing is over the maps for the Automatic have been written. When all was said and done we were able to run 5-6psi. The Supercharger sounds sweet it has a nice growl compared to stock.

The RPMS shoot up nice and fast and very dynamically. The HP curve is very smooth and there are no dead spots. We were able to keep the Air fuel ratios at 13.1-13.2 with virtually now load up at all.

When we were done we laid down 179.3whp and 178.7lbs or torque (224.1 crank HP). This makes for a very strong accelerating car. We had base lined this car before the SDS and found only 103.3WHP (sorry all you auto guys). So our goal of a 200whp 4cyl is very doable. as with a 5spd we will be able to sneak it out with no problems.

We didn't want to push the automatic to much as it is the first one out there, as we log miles and do testing we will keep everyone updated.

As the kit stands it comes with:
SDS 4cyl (CNC design and built)
SDS Brackets including idle pulleys (CNC design and built)
Vortech V5 GTrim
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
RC Engineering 550cc Atomizer
Malpazzi Boost sensing rising rate fuel pressure regulator
RIPP Black Box
RIPP Black Box 2bar map sensor
Injector harness
Injector LED
Oil return and feed
Oil return "No Weld" adapter
Air filter
Longer Drive Belt
CNC MAR adapter
CNC Boost pipes
Vacuum lines and tee's
Fuel lines and tee's
All clamps and Zip Ties.
All fully illustrated instructions
1 year warranty on SDS
2 year on Vortech (By Vortech Thru RIPP)

The 4cyl kit also includes the 45000 RPM bearing that all the 6cyl kits are getting now. The 4cyl kit did not need a blow off valve or by-pass valve. All the "Whoosh" sound comes from the built in clutch system of the Vortech.

We are still speculating a price of $3495.99----$3595.99. This is all pending quantity of product. I'll try to make it the lower of the 2. I my put a group by together for the lesser of the 2 prices. It really depends on all of you.

Thanks for your patience,
Ross Esposito
Ripp Modification
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com

RIPPMODS
01-06-2003, 09:31 AM
We've already had the 4cyl up by 10 psi but we didn't want to push the auto car to much, its not our car to break.

Remember we are tuning on a SAE DYNO scale, this is arguably the most real HP scale used by racers and professionals race car builders. One could say "adjusted" this car produced 200WHP. Which for all intensive purposes it does have. It feels extremely strong right through the RPM band. It feels similar to the 6cyl cars mainly because the HP and torque is the same. The closer those 2 #'s are, the more linear the acceleration will feel and be. That's why we wanted a 5SPD to run some HP numbers.

Basically the SDS kit is done. The same kit on the Auto car that we posted PICS of will also fit and power the 5SPD cars. The only difference is the addition of a different boost pulley. The fuel maps will need to be modified. We do all this.

Right now there is only one kit and its on the Galant... I wanted to make a first run. and get production going to get the machine costs down.

Should we start a group buy?

$3495 full kit 5SPD or auto. 5 people. If we can get 10 I'll shoot for $3400.00 but we need to regroup fast because I want to get moving on this.

I need to order a lot of stuff and we're (RIPP) spent out pretty deep right now... So if you guys are ready, if you don't want to wait until summer we can set up guaranteed deposits. You can leave a $1500-$2000 deposit and we will lock you in to a kit. If we don't produce it will be fully reimbursable. We feel if we can order within the next 2-3 weeks, we can have product in your hands in 4-6 weeks. Again based on deposits ... everyone on our end needs to get paid so we need to set this system up.

As for the test car its really just a matter of needing a 5SPD to get some real HP #'s. We feel like there is so much more room for tuning the auto car is holding us up a bit. We really wan to put down the 200+ WHP we can get out of this set up.

We believe that the addition of an Intercooler on the 4cyl running over 10psi will be possible and real power will start coming out. But without a volunteer we will not know. We will always tune on a safe curve, we are not blowing anyone's car up, we just want to get the message across that there is a lot of room for tuning with this set up.

Thanks for all the support.

Sincerely,
Ross
Rippmods
www.rippmods.com

RIPPMODS
01-06-2003, 09:32 AM
I picked the Galant 4CYL up from the DYNO (LAST WEEK. On its maiden voyage it got into a "Light-to-light" with a BMW 330ci..... guess the guy in the BMW didn't expect to lose but I had him all the way to 90+MPH. I didn't hear him shifting so it must have been an automatic.

The car is deceivingly faster than it seems.. it pulls strongly right from the start spinning the front tires under acceleration. (This is an automatic.) Shifts its gear and it pulls strong up to 70~ top of 2nd then shoots to 80+mph right into 3rd gear and you head towards 100+ very very fast. The torque accelerates this car real nice at higher speeds.

This car we opted not to bypass any boost and is pulling rather strongly without it. The best part is when we beat that car we were DATA logging wide open throttle passes, It was only making between 3-4psi the SC belt was slipping it had been left loose after we tested different boost pulleys.

Davin (owner) was in today to go for a blast and was all smiles ear to ear after going for a blast. Just hearing it spool up under acceleration was enough for him. Its gone smooth so far and they are only going to get more powerful from here. These are our base line numbers, we speculate as more kits are installed and more maps are written we will find more HP for you to play with.

As for HP, You have more WHP than a stock 6cyl. The Auto 4cyl has made 179 WHP almost all the 6cyl cars we based lined only made 151-165WHP. AND NOT NEARLY THE TORQUE the 4 banger is making. As soon as we do the 5spd we will make more HP with more boost and timing we're sure of it.

Ross
Rippmods

Fishboy55
01-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Ross, those are some impressive numbers. Congratulations. It sounds like your hard work has paid off.

I'd like to ask your expertise on another topic, regarding the Apexi S-AFC. I've been reading a lot on the 3G forum about problems with the RPM dispay not being stable. I've also seen a couple of fixes, which don't seem to be 100% reliable. (satchmo, micro potentiometer, etc.) I'm planning on putting an AFC on my 6g72 and want to eliminate any anticipated problems. Based on your knowledge with patenting your black box, I was wondering if you could provide any guidance. I need to depsparately flatten my fuel curve, and the AFC is the only reliable recommended way to do so. Any help you can provide in how to hook it up will be appreciated, and I'll pass it along to Tempest Racing when they do my install and dyno.

Thanks in advance and again, you have me drooling over your superior work and the R&D you put into it.

Chip

ken inn
01-06-2003, 10:53 AM
if you are wanting a more linear fuel curve, you should use the map sensor mod, instead of it taking hi and lo fuel settings off of the tps, you can set it up to use a map sensor. it is much better for a forced induction system.

GalantT3
01-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Isnt it great!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

HeadAche
01-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Im liking the numbers, was really hoping for at least 180whp or even 195whp, but that auto is killin us. Either way Ripp you guyz are making power, lots of power, cant wait for a 5spd to put down some numbers..

Fast99ES
01-06-2003, 01:56 PM
I'd most definately like the group buy on this supercharger...I'm likin the numbers...Ross...what would you quote an intstall for this supercharger?
I cant wait to kick some ass. 8)

NRG
01-06-2003, 02:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fast99ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd most definately like the group buy on this supercharger...I'm likin the numbers...Ross...what would you quote an intstall for this supercharger?
I cant wait to kick some ass. 8)</div>

Installation part is easy, just do it yourself, but have an expert tune it is all you need....

BlankMan
01-06-2003, 03:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fast99ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd most definately like the group buy on this supercharger...I'm likin the numbers...Ross...what would you quote an intstall for this supercharger?
I cant wait to kick some ass. 8)</div>

Installation part is easy, just do it yourself, but have an expert tune it is all you need....</div>

BUT - with the inclusion of the black box - tuning will not be needed, right?

J

RedGalant2k1
01-06-2003, 04:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

J</div>

tuning will ALWAYS be needed...

NRG
01-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Man..........Just when I blew all my money on other parts, this comes out.....doh!!!

If only we could finiance this kit....... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif (hint.......hint)......

BlankMan
01-06-2003, 10:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

J</div>

tuning will ALWAYS be needed...</div>

I'm ignorant. What kind of tuning? Surely not to the extent of what is needed without the black box? Any details would be great - and at what cost? My hope was that the black box would bring down the total cost of having the charger put on my ride...

J

RIPPMODS
01-07-2003, 12:10 PM
So! The Galant ES SC’s gets to prove it self again!

As Davin (owner of tester 4cyl SDS Galant ES automatic) said in his post, he had us (RIPP) install a full suspension (KYB AGX/Eibach sport line), which we did. As with any suspension, after you install it, you need to have the car aligned. Since we out source our alignments, we needed to take his car just down the road to an alignment shop.

Funny thing happened. During this short trip we have to take a long service road, which rides along the Staten Island expressway. At the very first traffic light we were lined up next to a Black Cadillac STS, a North Star equipped STS. Now what makes this extra funny is there were 2... Well, Punks (no offence to all you STS drivers) driving it. So I looked over and they were smiling. I guess they were feeling all pumped up that they were in there STS and I was only in a Galant ES with a Big tip......

So I blew there doors off! That makes 2 respectful cars THE SDS 4cyl automatic has taken down, the former being the 330ci on its maiden voyage from the DYNO. Now that we got 5-6psi pumping thru the Galants veins it seems to have grown a set. As we drive, the stock programming in the ECU runs smoother and smoother.

All and all this car feels and is quick; we can't wait to get our hands on a 5spd.

Ross
Rippmods

NRG
01-07-2003, 01:34 PM
But when we get our hands on this, it is going to be more than 6psi right?

seth98esT
01-07-2003, 01:59 PM
but isnt 6psi on our motors like 12psi in any other motor cause of the high compression? or did you guys lower the compression?

another thing you gotta worry about is the tranny. if you dont bulletproof the tranny it will blow at like 8-10psi

RIPPMODS
01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Your compression is not that high, and as long as you have the proper electronics and tune you will ahve nothing to worry about. Our black Box is like having stand alone electronic tuning. There is no aspect of the tune that has been left untested.

At the moment we have the Auto set at 5-6psi because we don’t want to hurt anything, at least not on the first and only tester we have. It feels real nice, mainly because our electronics are able to control bolt timing and fuel curves. So we are maximizing the amount of HP per boost we are making. There is no guessing with fuel or timing. It’s a perfect fuel curve from start to finish and our air fuel ratio is near perfect throughout the RPM band.

The auto at the moment is acting fine, time will tell. But if it’s anything like the V6 cars there have been no Transmission failures at all.

As for boost levels, we should be able to run some serious boost on the 5spd and realize some good WHP. We want to find this out as much as anyone else but without a tester we won't know for sure. We want to run at least 10psi thru an intercooler and our Black Box. We feel we should be making some were around 230-245WHP without any problem at all. We are basing this on the numbers we have already and we feel, based on our progress in the past we should fill this promise.

It’s all up the next guy who steps up though.

I beleive NORCAL performance will be offering a Auto-5SPD conversion. Don't quot me on that you may want to ask them.

Rippmods

cdaw2001ES
01-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Couple of Q's
Will you offer additional pulleys to allow us to up the psi in the future ?
Will you offer an intercooler add on or upgrade now or in the future ?

How well will your "Black box" work with other mods, -headers and cat back, vs stock exhaust?

Auto-9
01-08-2003, 03:37 AM
Man this thing sounds sweet...I want forced induction now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Hey as long as I'm still making more torque on my N/A V6 (180) than the blown 4 banger I'm happy https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Not that my heavy weight is helping any https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

RIPPMODS
01-08-2003, 06:22 AM
We will be offering a 10psi pulley as soon as we get a 5spd tester. We have already had 10psi flow thru the Automatic, but we felt it would not be wise without testing the 4cyl automatic first.

This week we are mocking up the front mount IC. on an Eclipse GT. The 6cyl kit will be done first followed by the 4cyl kit.

We are aimimg for 200+HP on bolt 5spd and auto cars. The numbers you see posted here are just tester numbers and represent our first ever base numbers. With all the talk of blowing up trans, we tuned on a very safe curve. We can do that because of our electronics.

Rippmods

HeadAche
01-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Im hoping i blow up my tranny w/ the t-68, so i have a good reason to get a 5spd

SuperchargedGTZ
01-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Ross, Dont forget my car is an auto as well. I am pretty sure that the two trannys are the same between the V6 and the 4 bangers. so far i think the tranny is holdin up fine. did you put a tranny cooler in this car as well.

Lazarus
01-12-2003, 03:47 PM
quick question. do the stock internals have to be redone for all this? I am on the market for some FI and i am pretty sure I haev to but I just want confermation.

SuperchargedGTZ
01-12-2003, 06:35 PM
i currently do not have my internals done as with many others that have this kit.

HeadAche
01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>i currently do not have my internals done as with many others that have this kit.</div>

It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..

Los
01-14-2003, 08:57 PM
this sound very tempting.... Pushing close to 200whp with an AT????? that's sick.....hell pushing 170+ is crasy enough. So far evything is looking better and better. It's just matter of time till people start noticing the 8G at the light and backing off, or getting smoked.....I'd like to see long term performance and wear on the internals.

Spyder4G64t
01-16-2003, 08:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..</div> :roll:

I've been running anywhere from 8psi - 12psi on my stock internals for over a year now (16g turbo). As far as I can tell, there are no ill effects. I'll qualify that statement with the fact that I have a J&S Safeguard knock control unit installed, so pushing higher boost is possible without detonation. I'm guessing you would not want to run more than 7-8psi without some sort of knock control protection, or VERY good tuning.

I'm having trouble tuning properly at 12psi with the stock ECU and SAFC, so I turned things down to 10psi, and all is well. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the ECU, and play with higher boost levels again. :wink:

HeadAche
01-16-2003, 07:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>It still boggels my mind that everyone more or less who has the Ripp Kit is still running on stock internals, even though you run at about 5-6psi..I wonder how the internals are holding up under the pressure..</div> :roll:

I've been running anywhere from 8psi - 12psi on my stock internals for over a year now (16g turbo). As far as I can tell, there are no ill effects. I'll qualify that statement with the fact that I have a J&S Safeguard knock control unit installed, so pushing higher boost is possible without detonation. I'm guessing you would not want to run more than 7-8psi without some sort of knock control protection, or VERY good tuning.

I'm having trouble tuning properly at 12psi with the stock ECU and SAFC, so I turned things down to 10psi, and all is well. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the ECU, and play with higher boost levels again. :wink:</div>

your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Me myself, not going to do the Ripp Kit, going to custom fab a t-68, the tranny is bulletproofed with a TC.. Tunning for me has never been an issue, since i use to running 125+shot of N2O, on my 4g64, and well i got free dyno & tunning runs at a friend of mines shop.. Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..

Spyder4G64t
01-16-2003, 10:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..</div>
I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.

flipz_ny79
01-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know if the Ripp S/C kit was made for the 7g yet. I know the 8g is already done, and could probably fit the 7g with modding. But if Iam gonna spend 3500 or so dollars, I want it to be exactly for my car (7g) so I wouldnt have to mod it no more. I'll probably try to put this on myself, or do you think I should get an expert to do this ? Thankz !!!

HeadAche
01-20-2003, 02:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
Im just thinking of what the feel must be at 10psi on a front wheel drive car, u cant be getting that much traction off the line, if any at all, especially on stock street tires, because i couldnt on my 555's.. interesting 10-12psi, hummm..</div>
I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.</div>

That should help alot. The wider tire base should get the power down to the ground, if u get any kind of tires i would suggest 555's, i have a set of drag radials, and the are hella tight..

SuperchargedGTZ
01-20-2003, 03:31 PM
it is going to cost you alot more than 3500$$. you would be suprised how fast things add up...like gauges....yadda yadda

RIPPMODS
01-23-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey guys sorry, I took some days of last week and I messed all the stuff going on.

Yes, all the SC cars are running on stock internals, as a matter of fact MATT over at the Club3G camp just laid down 298WHP on his stock internal, 5spd. He is still running the AFR and 270cc injectors.

The Black box at the moment developed 288WHP but 266Lbs of torque, up nearly 25lbs.

All the auto cars are running trans coolers and temp gauges to monitor. We do this to get an Idea of what's going on with temps and such.

We have not tested it on a 7gen, but get us a volunteer and we will be glad to put you on our development program.

We will be testing a SDS4cyl 5spd next week, we hope to put down 225--235WHP between 7-9psi. The SC will not need to run as much boost to make HP, because our electronics will be able to make more power with less boost because we are able to tune bolt timing and fuel.

Rippmods

tim888tim
01-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Man this is some bad a$$ power. Check out the 3G sight. They are doing a group buy for this kit from RIPP at $3199 with over 10 kits. Click, click ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84979')

Time to start saving the $$$

Supernova
01-29-2003, 08:56 PM
If only I wasn't 16 and had a good paying job(I don't even have a bad paying job:roll: ) If I had the money, I would so consider getting the kit, even though I know pretty much nothing about the engin of a car. :roll: But hey, I'd like to have a "fast that isn't suppose to be fast" car.

NOSMAN7G
01-30-2003, 08:37 PM
I'll be a 7g tester What do I gotta do?? I'm going away for 6months and don't need a car. I live only about 2 hours from staten island. :twisted:

KNJGalant2002
02-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Hi,

This sounds good but would it void my warranty with Mitsubishi? I think it will but it doesn't hurt to ask. If it does I will have to wait until the warranty is up. :cry:

CliptheApex
02-11-2003, 05:15 AM
can an RPW FPR be used with this kid instead of an Malpazzi? and if no, where can i get a malpazzi, im looking for an FPR right now, and plan on going with the SDS later on this year. and if i already do have an fpr, could that be taken off of the price of my SDS kit when i buy it?
thanks

RIPPMODS
02-14-2003, 02:34 PM
The FPR we are using is a 10:1 rising rate, it is boost sensitive and allows the boost to raise according to the boost present.

We offer a FPR that's for NA set ups and will make power under the conditions you are running. It would be best to run a NA FPR for now and then switch over to a FI FPR when its time.

Think of it as an upgrade rather than doing something twice.

Rippmods

TITAN
03-17-2003, 11:07 AM
SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WILL VOID THE WARRANTIES THAT US NEWBIES GOT?

IF SO, THEN I GOT TO WAIT 5 YEARS UNTIL I CAN FEEL THE BOOST! DAMN. I JUST GOT MY G-RIDE IN JAN. 2003. OH WELL, JUST HAVE TO NATURALLY ASPIRATE IT.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-17-2003, 12:44 PM
anything aftermarket you put on your cars can void a PART of your warranty. so say just for example, you put nos in your car and blow a piston, they NO. the dealer will not pay for the damamged engine or drivetrain. the dealer cant warranty items that are not there stock. but they will have to prove that, that part caused the problem.

get it

HeadAche
03-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Mitsu wont even look at my car anymore..lol

TITAN
03-18-2003, 09:42 AM
get it

GOT IT :!:

Fast99ES
03-18-2003, 01:20 PM
How much would an average install cost on this kit????

SuperchargedGTZ
03-18-2003, 01:52 PM
1K....but plan on spending more than that

dont forget to think about all the little things:

Gauges
Gauge pod
plugs
wires
headers
engine mount
tranny cooler

not that you need all these things, but they are all good to have. although it is essential to have at least a boost gauge

leadfoot
03-25-2003, 03:10 PM
damn just what i was looking for a s/c kit exept i hope on running how psi. hopefully they will com out with a 15psi pulley. and how much for the kit?

SuperchargedGTZ
03-25-2003, 03:24 PM
i really dont know what 15 psi is going to do for you. dont forget we have problems with traction. i am runnin around 6psi and i cant keep the tires to the ground

RIPPMODS
03-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey guys sorry I haven't been around, we have been busy on the Cary 4cyl kit, its going very smoothly. We have been in full production with it for 2 weeks now and parts for it are now being photographed and will be advertised on our site shortly.

The Galant 4cyl kit has been testing and been doing great, we expect both 4cyl cars (Auto ES Galant and 5spd RS Eclipse) back within the next to weeks.

The production run of SDS 4G are on there way and we should also have the kit assembled within weeks, there are 9 out 10 kits sold already and we expect an additional 10 run by mid April.

Both the 5spd and auto will get more boost when we finish our Front Mount Intercooler, which is do to be finished late April to early May. The system will offer easy install and best of all more HP.

We haven't forgotten about you guys just burning the candle at both ends lately....

Regards,
Ross
Rippmods

leadfoot
03-25-2003, 07:15 PM
im going to be running forged piston's(JE) and rod's(crewer) along with a built m/t tranny how much boost do you think i can push?

seth98esT
03-25-2003, 07:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spyder4G64t)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>your running 10psi on stock internals and an A/T or 5spd.. I can see running 10psi on a 5spd, not an auto, unless you have ur tranny built.. Â*
I have a 5 Speed. Nope... Don't get much traction until part way through 3rd gear. I have a Quaife sitting on my workbench waiting for the right time to go in. I imagine that will help quite a bit, but I'm sure I'll still have traction problems. My next purchase is going to be 17" wheels + tires running 225/45/17. Hopefully that will help as well.</div>

You ever think of doing the 1g tb swap? it is definitely worth it especially in your app. also porting the intake mani and exhaust mani couldnt hurt either :wink:

are you using the stock 1g/2g smic? i would really consider swapping to a 2g gst ecu...it should make the tuning cake compared to waht it is now

[Edit]
nm, looked closer and saw the FMIC hiding behind the bumper cover...what kind is it?

ewgiii
03-25-2003, 08:09 PM
hey, i'm living here in NC. I knoe nothing about my engine and have no noticable mods. I am planning to put about 4-5 grand into my car this summer for kit, sound, and video. If i decied to go with the supercharger instead of all of this, how much total(Q for GTZ) will it cost me to get it put on locally. I plan to do nothing myself. How much would i be charged and will i need other mods first? i live in Greensboro, NC and i have a 2002 ES

SuperchargedGTZ
03-26-2003, 07:49 AM
typical installation is about a 1K

they only thing that I suggest is headers, which RIPP makes for they kit but is not included. I am not sure on the pricing, you are better off asking contacting either Ross or Cody at RIPP. 718-815-1313

leadfoot
03-26-2003, 04:09 PM
what's max whp put down by supercharger yet? for the 8th gen. im hoping it will be in the 270's

leadfoot
03-27-2003, 04:57 PM
i was also wondering what mod's the auto you have tested this with had done to it?

SuperchargedGTZ
03-28-2003, 07:26 AM
for a 4 cyl it has been around 210 whp - about 290-300 at the crank

on my 6cy on put down 260whp - thats about 340 hp at the crank

you wont be seeing much of ANY 4 bangers throwin those numbers down. dont forget the 4 bangers stock put down like 115 or so to the wheels, maybe even less. the 6er's throw down around 150 whp, so the increase was quite dramatic for me

Ryostyle
03-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Is there any plans of getting this carb approved? How do you pass the visual smog inspections and such?

SuperchargedGTZ
03-28-2003, 11:53 AM
grease, grease, grease $$$$$$

there arent any CARB legal FI kits for the mitsus as of yet. although RIPP did pass their car, but at the time it was runnin 270cc injectors vs 310 now and have the BB now vs the afr.

it takes mega bucks to CARB legal components such as these

leadfoot
03-28-2003, 03:54 PM
what is needed to run the S/C or is the tester bone stock?

RIPPMODS
03-29-2003, 11:27 AM
All the testers are bone stock including exhaust, we have been posting excellent numbers on both the 5spd and automatic.

The SC is designed to make safe reliable HP on a stock Platform.

You do however need a header, this is an absolute must. The SDS will not work without a header in place. We have a set of headers on the 5spd that made a ton of toque.

If you recall the HP figures:
Auto@5psi yielded 188whp and 177lb/ft of torque
5spd@7psi yielded 205WHP and 204lb/ft of torque

All on stock internals and stock exhaust, they have been driving around for several months now and without so much as a hiccup.

Rippmods

leadfoot
03-29-2003, 12:36 PM
damn those are some good number's im hoping to get about 170whp all motor then get the SC kit. :darthgrin: and th high psi pulley. i was also going to ask about the intercooler have you started testing yet or is it just a thought :?: .

Ryostyle
04-01-2003, 12:35 AM
The reason I ask about getting it carb approved is.....how can you get your car smogged every year and pass the visual check? And if you get pulled over then what? I have a 2000 I4 which won't need to start getting smogged til 2004, but if I were to spend all the money to get this put on I'd like to know that I can get my car smogged without having the kit removed. Besides, I gotta convince my wife bout it still. Any thoughts?

SuperchargedGTZ
04-01-2003, 07:30 AM
i would say wait until you get your car smogged and then get the kit. but either way.....its called greasin....find a shop that you feel comfortable with and grease em

evil-G-nius
04-02-2003, 04:36 PM
I am a little outta the loop, but did they make this for the 7g yet? I Know the engines are the same but they are opposed differently on the 7g vs the 8g

FLO-DOG
04-04-2003, 04:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nious (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>I am a little outta the loop, but did they make this for the 7g yet? </div>

I think Ripp mods still needs someone to be the test car.

redattack
04-09-2003, 07:16 AM
what does this car do 0-60 now and 1/4 mile~ what other mods can be done in addition to the kit to add power

leadfoot
04-09-2003, 09:52 AM
i think it run's some where between a 14.8 and a 14.5(hopefully faster than that https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ) somewhere in that just guestimating because of the STS it killed run's a 14.9 and it got it ass handed to it. i know that you will need a header to run the kit and as far as anything else on top of the kit i think you can do just about anything but im not sure.

leadfoot
04-16-2003, 02:11 PM
does anyone have anything to add to this as far as times go?

Proud Galant Driver
04-18-2003, 01:19 PM
im just curious on this, will the supercharger work on the 6g galant?

DJ Galant
05-09-2003, 04:19 PM
i just noticed this ....
the air to fuel ratio was 13.1 to 13.3 u said.
isn't that too lean mixture for superchargerd car?

4G64T
05-09-2003, 05:34 PM
who runs 14.9 the v6 or the i4? if its the v6 then what does the i4 run? any ideas

leadfoot
05-14-2003, 05:55 AM
it's the l4 and yes it defincatly runa 14.9 im betting it can pull mid to low 14's but 14.9 to be a base. is there any word on the intercooler that ripp is working on?

4G64T
05-14-2003, 01:31 PM
so with 188whp and 177lb/ft of torque a 4cyl galant can run 14's :?:

leadfoot
05-14-2003, 08:14 PM
i think it was 200whp and the same torque, and for the M/T the pumped out 245whp

IllestGalant
05-14-2003, 09:18 PM
I have a couple of questions for you ripp mods,
Is this supercharger for the 8th gen or the 7th gen? Is it for the 4G64 or is it for the DOHC motors? Is it a roots type or centrifugal? Why don't you make it self contained instead of running oil lines to it? Why is it so much money because for power to cost ratio, I can get a lot more than 179whp for 3,500 with different modifications such as internal engine mods with a turbo. Sorry to ask so many questions but an enthusiast such as myself has to wonder? Thanks for any response

leadfoot
05-15-2003, 09:08 PM
it an 8G supercharger and they offer a high psi pulley for those who want more power the auto was pushing around 6 psi and got 200whp, the high psi pulley is around 10psi so that's around 240 to 260whp(depending on what mod's you have oh and the tester was bone stock exept for header) if you beef if your motor and tranny before your get the S/C i would imagine that your power to psi ratio would substancialy greater. my goal is 350whp(i hope for more but im trying to realistic) with the motor mod's i getting combined with the supercharger, tranny mod's also, i think it is very possible. personaly if you want to be pushing 500 to 600whp then you picked the wrong car to do it in :wink:

GalantT3
05-16-2003, 08:56 AM
For those of you who dont know I was the Galant 4cyl Supercharger test car, Ross from rippmods has my car running at 8 psi because he said the car can handel more boost and more power. He said he wants to see how the automatic holds up and then maybe he will up the boost. Pretty soon Ill have some pics, manus took some when he came to my house. The car feels so strong at low speeds and high speeds, I love every moment of it.

Visit www.rippmods.com for more info on the 4cyl supercharger, Im going to the CT meet on sunday if anyone wants to see it in person. Me and the v6 Galant will be there.

:peace:

I4_dymond
05-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Yo T3 what's up.....Say I called up RippMods today. I don't know if I have the wrong number or if they're closed already. I dialed 718-815-1313 and 718-442-4723. I found a place that installs superchargers. I just want to know how much they going for now since it's been awhile. I live way the hell down here in Dallas,TX. If you can help me out or anyone else I'll appreciate it. Thanks...............

RIPPMODS
05-28-2003, 08:54 AM
UPDATE:
THERE IS A V6 AND I4 GROUP BUY GOING ON OVER AT CLUB3G!

JUMP IN, PIECES ARE LIMITED, WE ARE RUNNING ORDERS FOR THE GB NOW.

YOU HAVE 6-8 WEEKS, BUT IF YOU NEED A LITTLE MORE TIME SIGN IN ON THE GB OVER AT www.neweclipse.org LEAVE A SMALL DEPOSIT, AND THEN CALL US, WE WILL WORK AROUND YOUR PAYMENT SCHEDUAL, WE'RE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL DON'T HAVE $3k LAYING AROUND, OR WE'D ALL HAVE PORSCHES....

News:
Hey guys, the V6 and I4 kits are going strong; we are approaching over 100 V6 kits and nearly 20 I4 kits.

We have been working on the stage 2 kit for the 6 and the 4; different style intercoolers are being used.

V6 5SPD 10PSI 319WHP-297lb.ft
V6 AUTO 8 PSI 289WHP and 267lb/ft

I4 5SPD 8PSI 247WHP 252LB/FT
I4 AUTO PENDING TESTING, Waiting for tester...

We are not 100% on the IC choice yet, but just keeping you informed, I keep forgetting my Galant guys, until I get a cal from GT27 or Vegas MATT, REMINDING ME YOU GUYS ARE out there (thanks guys).

The choices are front mounts, side mounts, or, or personal choice Methanol/water injection, we will get into the reasons once we finish testing...

RIPP In house design Headers:
RIPP header link:
http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_...rs&productId=83 ('http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&vehcName=Mitsubishi+Eclipse+I4+%2D+2000%2B&vehcCat=Engines&vehcDesc=Full%20Stainless%20Steel%20Race%20header% 20for%204G64%20Powered%20Cars&productId=83')

They are rock solid designed, they offer the best options on the market, but there is a price. They are limited to 10 pieces a month, because they are hand made by a 30 year veteran and master header fabricator, they are power makers, not just air moves, they will make you NA, NOS, or SDS, powered cars, make more power, because they were specifically designed to, check out the link....

We have no NA HP DYNO numbers yet (All our testers have SDS's), but we found 12 more SC power with NO tuning for the header at all. We will have HP number very soon for you... it’s the time we were short of it at the time of the release.

Our newest V6 header is soon to be announced, these things are bad ass.... they need a little more time, but when they hit the market, expect HP to be similar to V8 and very high end Honda gains... they are being designed to produce HP, not just scavenge heat, for the more experienced board members, you know what we mean.

As VMatt may have been informing you, he has a SC going in, we have found that the AFR works better in Auto V6 cars do to the ECU ability to learn, the AFR has been proven very reliable over at the 3G camp by over 80 SDS powered cars, you can poke around there for input.

Ross
Rippmods
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com
Home of the worlds first SC powered Galant V6 and I4, over 100 kits sold and going strong, and for this we thank you all.

leadfoot
05-28-2003, 10:33 PM
where do you put the reserve on the SDS kit ? im going to have the money in august.

RIPPMODS
05-29-2003, 09:19 AM
You put your self down on the GB at 3G, (just to keep everyone in one place) and then call and leave a deposite.

http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...threadid=112275 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112275')

Rippmods

leadfoot
06-14-2003, 10:50 PM
how long will theS/C be one sale for 3200 for?

cdaw2001ES
06-15-2003, 05:28 AM
June 30th- but thats only if 3 4cyls sign up for the group buy.

leadfoot
06-15-2003, 11:00 AM
i wont be able to get 3200 by the end of this month ill have it in mid august. oh well i guess an extra 400 wont hurt me that much although it would be nice to save for other things.

RIPPMODS
06-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Don't worry; we are selling more than we can produce:

We have sold over 100 of the V6 Mitsu kits, with one of our customers putting down 333whp and 298lb/ft of torque (we advertise 281WHP/277lb/ft), making him the most powerful 3G Eclipse GT V6 5SPD out there, but he also managed a 12.93@106 quarter mile, all on a production stock engine.

There is a sporty GT running 8psi and he managed 289whp and 49lb/ft, I believe he is running a 13.9 and that makes him the faster auto right now....

There are over 25 4cyl SDS kits and not one engine failure to date, we just completed stage 2 for the Galant and we got it up to 252whp and 242lb/ft of torque on a stock engine with an intercooler and larger injectors.

If you put a deposit in now, we will lock in the price and sale... so don't worry, we advise you, if you want one... put an order in they are hard to keep in stock, we are in a 3 week back order...

Check out the headers:
http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_...rs&productId=83 ('http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&vehcName=Mitsubishi+Eclipse+I4+%2D+2000%2B&vehcCat=Engines&vehcDesc=Full%20Stainless%20Steel%20Race%20header% 20for%204G64%20Powered%20Cars&productId=83')

Regards,
Rippmods

Fast99ES
06-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Holy Sh*t...252whp and 242lb/ft out of a stock internal i 4 engine!?!??!! Damn...time to save!!!! And is that with a front mount intercooler or sidemount?

bam462
06-22-2003, 01:52 AM
i hear ya fast it is time to save or apply for another credit card. :firedevil:

cdaw2001ES
06-22-2003, 03:20 AM
Thats stage 2, I dont think we have pricing for that kit yet, 3200 is for stage 1, more like 180whp, no intercooler

leadfoot
06-22-2003, 10:54 AM
im guessing the stage 2 will run about 3800 at least if it's on sale.

RIPPMODS
06-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Stage 2 has no price as of yet, it is only testing.

Intercooler update:
We are testing with Methanol/water injection, it’s a much more efficient way of intercooling, plus it makes power. The system is very simple, it comes on only under boost and will cool the intake charge over 100 degrees at 11psi. Best of all, it's real easy to get your hands on the 50/50 mix of water and methanol; it's 20 below extreme weather window washing fluid. So it's about a dollar a gallon.

SDS-4 Update
The 252whp and 247lb ft on the four cylinder tester was on a 5spd with a front mount intercooler. It also is running 8psi on stock internals. We are awaiting the auto galant to test stage 2 on his set up. We were going to go with the M/W injection and see what the results were.

To date the have been zero engine failures with the 4cyl kit, with 15 on the road and 25 sold, the kit combination of power and reliability is in perfect balance.

SDS-6 Update:
The six cylinder kits on the other hand are selling faster than we can produce them, we recently developed a over boosting system, that several customers are testing in different area’s of the country. The automatics leave a little to be desired in comparison to the SC 5spd 6G’s, so we developed an overdrive pulley for the SDS (Shaft side) which will spool the SC up 10% faster and make 7psi earlier in the RPM band. The pulley in now available and costs $69.95.

Stage two underway:
We also developed an overdrive crank pulley, it will spool 11psi on its own and combined with the SDS pulley will deliver 15psi. An engine build is imperative for that set up, as is an intercooler.

Trans update:
Many of you asked what HP the auto transmission can hold, a Colorado tester has just laid down 313hp with 11psi on w/m injection with his sporty GT. His set up is our stage one upgraded to higher boost levels, proving once again that the consistency of the Supercharger can make big power even on stock engines. Although we do not suggest going for these levels of performance on the stock internals, the testers are prepared for and engine build, so they will continue to push the envelope of power until it gives.

On sale check it out:
Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right?

SDS-6G stage 1 retail: $3849.95 ON SALE $3500 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

SDS-4G stage 1 retail $3495.95 ON SALE $3200 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

If it’s a money thing, as previously mentioned the systems are on a 3-4 week back order so, if you are interested, leave a small deposit to lock in the price, you have time to work those extra hours…. Good luck!

More as it comes.

Regards,
Rippmods

cdaw2001ES
06-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Theres just something about spraying water in to my intake thats bothers me. My Pistons are forged, not stainless. Will long term use create internal rust problems, exhaust interior problems, Cat problems, or mix with the oil???

ETA on stage 2, and will it have everything needed (resivoir, pump) for the H20/Meth injection???

Can the kit be purchased w/o the electronics for a discount???

My motor is in pieces right now, getting ready for it.
I havent placed my order yet, as I'm wating to see how much I end up spending on the motor/tranny.

Fast99ES
06-28-2003, 12:08 AM
What part of Colorado is this Eclipse guy from? Layed down 313hp!!!! Damn!!!! I'm gonna try and find out where he is at...I also wanted to ask when we can expect the stage 2 4cyl kit...I'm very interested in this kit already but with the mention of stage 2 and its front mount intercooler I'm more interested in that...Keep us posted bro...

Fast99ES
07-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Any news on the stage 2 kit?

krazienluv10
07-13-2003, 05:09 AM
hey RIPP you stated earlier that there hasnt been any engine failures to this date ... i was wondering if there was any tranny failers to this date???

bam462
07-13-2003, 06:30 AM
same ? here bout the trannys for 4 cylinders

J apmetal
07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
On sale check it out:
Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right?

SDS-6G stage 1 retail: $3849.95 ON SALE $3500 free polyurethane motor mount and a capped shipping cost of $58

Believe me, I intend being the UK's first [probably wind up being ONLY]supercharged 6G, but I need some time to prep the car [wheels/tyres/ suspension & generally making sure it wont fall apart !]before I go for the engine work - I WILL have one of your kits - eventually :roll:

Phase24
07-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Who else here has the 4cyl SDS?

evil-G-nius
07-22-2003, 02:43 PM
I would love to donate my car for the test fitting for the automatic 4cyl on a 7g. One problem, I live in LA now. The other thing is I am broke right now so...but if you can think of some way around the distance, I will be more than happy to let you guys use my car

RIPPMODS
08-05-2003, 10:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey RIPP you stated earlier that there hasnt been any engine failures to this date ... i was wondering if there was any tranny failers to this date???</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>same ? here bout the trannys for 4 cylinders</div>

No, to date, with 130 V6 kits sold and 33 SDS-4G sold, not one Trans failure reported, the SC comes on real smooth, so there is really no harshness to the trans… So long as you don’t do neutral drops your OK, remember HP doesn’t break transmission the driver breaks them when you use them out of their realm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phase24)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who else here has the 4cyl SDS?</div>

There are 33 SDS-4G kits out there to date, and twenty headers, the products have lots of praise over at 3G. Our biggest supporter has been the 3G community, and our Galant guy has not posted his experience with the kit, he has however called us with a list of kills in stage one form:

BMW 323, 330, 528
VW Jetta 1.8T., VR6
Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t
Honda Accord V6
Civic 1.6 turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J apmetal)</div><div class='quotemain'>On sale check it out:
Where’s all the Galants? There are only 5 SC Galants out there…. You guys do know that both systems are on sale right? Â*

Believe me, I intend being the UK's first [probably wind up being ONLY]supercharged 6G, but I need some time to prep the car [wheels/tyres/ suspension & generally making sure it wont fall apart !]before I go for the engine work - I WILL have one of your kits - eventually Â*:roll:</div>

Is there something we can do to promote our product to you, is it price or product… a combination, do you feel your car can’t be as fast as we express it to be?

We can try having another GB, with a more aggressive price for the TGC guys only, providing there is a want. It’s a shame your letting this sit back, the Galants turn into sick little sleepers with our KIT… The 4cyl makes up to 252whp and the V6 is up to 313who now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nious (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>I would love to donate my car for the test fitting for the automatic 4cyl on a 7g. One problem, I live in LA now. The other thing is I am broke right now so...but if you can think of some way around the distance, I Â*will be more than happy to let you guys use my car</div>

We have no 7th gen planned, the Galant community has not shown the level of support, we would need to continue proto typing for it, we need to know that you are willing to invest into our projects before we can commit to n=more product.

Regards,
Rippmods

GalantT3
08-05-2003, 11:03 PM
The Ripp Test 4cyl Galant would be mine. Im a 100% happy with the kit, the car is running just fine, no engine problems. Im working on getting a portion of the next stage of the Super Charger kit which uses methanol. And Im trying to take it to the track to get some numbers, all in due time though.

If you have any questuons about the kit or you just curious you can PM or instant message me my screen name is Leagon91.

GalantT3
08-05-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah Ross is right, the response for the kits have been weak from the Galant crowd, the Eclipses are tearing them up. When I went in being the test car I figured once I was done you guys would be snatching up the kits like hot cakes. It seemed that way when Ross was posting pictures of how the kit was coming along back in 2002, the topic had like 3 to 5 pages of people saying I want the kit. Now its out and everyone just stop talking about it.

RIPPMODS
08-06-2003, 10:44 AM
The Ripp Test 4cyl Galant would be mine. Im a 100% happy with the kit, the car is running just fine, no engine problems. Im working on getting a portion of the next stage of the Super Charger kit which uses methanol. And Im trying to take it to the track to get some numbers, all in due time though.

If you have any questuons about the kit or you just curious you can PM or instant message me my screen name is Leagon91.

Hey D... The Intercooler kit is coming this Monday... looking good... pulleys should be in by them as well, we are just now completing the Lancer kit, so it's in front of the pulleys production... the tester wants his car back... Like you did last year!... just a few short steps and we will have finished that kit as well...

Glad to see they let you out of work for a minute..... I know you've got crazy hours...

I'm not upset with this group, just seems like they have not taken advantage of the product...as much as they seemed they were going to.

I've asked what we can do or offer to help promote sales, but still no interest... we CAN ONLY offer help, it's up to you to take advantage of it... Make a proposal up... we just might say yes!

Rippmods

I4_dymond
08-11-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm serious in getting the kit (Stage 2) I just need to get exhaust done on mine before I put it on. Dont know whether to go to 2.5" or 3" pipe. What diameter are you using for the stage 2??? How much is it running for $$$ and what kind of numbers you getting out of the dyno??

akiraflux
08-12-2003, 01:53 PM
my problem is the humongous chunk of cash that it takes. lookin at damn near 5k for the stage 2. if i had a better payin job i'd snatch it up in an instant. as it is now i'm having a hard enough time just affording the little stuff...

people with eclipses make more. that's why they have eclipses. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

island boy
08-13-2003, 09:38 AM
whats up rippmods and fellow galant center members
well i been doing a lot of research on FI for the past year. From all the different turbo kits that came out for the 3G and your SDS, all the beef that came out about witch one is better. I did the noz thing, but it did not tickel my pickel, so i been saving up to get FI. But this is what i came up with. You can get a turbo kit that produce less HP for a cheaper price then the SDS, less quality and have heat problem witch leads to bigger things. I not saying that the kits out there are not bad ass, cause i seen some nice kits. but in the long run your kit will fall apart or your engine will and it is hard to keed your car an every day driver with a turbo with high HP.
Me I am an every day guy that owns a galant, dont got a high paying job and want my car to go fast. I cant afford a sports car, so i am here trying to hook up what i got. I cant afford for my car to brake down or allways puting money in it to keep it from braking down. So what i am looking for is quality,reliable, and nice HP numbers FI and ripps SDS has all of that.
so what i am saying my fellow TGC members letts get on the ban wagon of fast cars and start something.
well the way it look ripps you got 4 people ready for the SDS stage two kit. hook it up with a nice price.

akiraflux
08-13-2003, 09:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(island boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>stuff stuff stuff. yadda yadda yadda</div>

exactly. i want a fast car but turbo's just fuck yer car up too easily. if the sds is as safe as you say it is i WOULD get it if i could just scrape together the money. as it is i'm coming into a large portion of money sometime around the end of the year. at that point i'll probably pick up a stage 2 once i see more info on it.

akiraflux
08-18-2003, 10:16 AM
i've been curious. what sort of mpg hit do you take with the sds system on a i4?

Fast99ES
08-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Thats a good question, also I have about 75000 miles on my ride, is this gonna cause problems with the system? I heard forced indutction on higher mileage vehicles isnt good. Any answers Ross?

leadfoot
08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
stuff stuff stuff. yadda yadda yadda

exactly. i want a fast car but turbo's just fuck yer car up too easily. if the sds is as safe as you say it is i WOULD get it if i could just scrape together the money. as it is i'm coming into a large portion of money sometime around the end of the year. at that point i'll probably pick up a stage 2 once i see more info on it.

if you want your galant to hall ass and be safe the SDS is the best way to go. i have spoken with people about there sds's and i have been told that a i4 SDS stock can out run a 3.5 nissan altima( oh i forgot the raping the 300hp northstar cadi got from the tester also very fast) you may not know this but the altima has a 3.5 litter motor pushing 240hp and the same in torgue they are very quick. they run the 1/4 mile in a 14.9 to a 14.7 so that means the sds can easily get into the 14's now if you have a V6 i dont know exactly what vegas matt has on his car but his too has a SDS and he pushing 13.8's he taken his fare share of camero SS and mustange GTs big block V8 that are very fast.

Wolfman
08-31-2003, 07:00 AM
For me, I live in Cali, and with Cali comes CARB and smog testing. I saw a little earlier that there was a breif mention of this but I wanted to see what Ripp mods had to say about this. With the SDS system for the I4 galant, how much will it cost to have it CARB approved. Personally I don't want to have to take the bad boy out when I go to the smog center, or run around to try and find a shady character willing to hook me up. What are your recommendations, because if and if I were to get this SDS system, which will probably be late next year as a reasonable guess, I'd like to have the facts laid out on the table so I can get the cash together and all. So my question is how much for carb approval ratings, install here in Fresno Cali, and anything else thats needed on top of of course the hardware.

Phase24
08-31-2003, 03:51 PM
who gives a shit bout that smog bullshit

Sowndwayv
08-31-2003, 04:26 PM
ionno where ur from, but in california passing the smog test is a big..BIG deal. the state has very strict guidelines, if not the strictest in the US, and if u go thru a legit test, and dont pass, then u wont be able to register ur car when that time comes around

Phase24
08-31-2003, 05:43 PM
is this the same as emissions test?

Wolfman
08-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Obviously seeing I live in California I know the details into the smog testing. What I want to know is if the SDS system can be CARB aproved. thats my question not what SMOG tesing and Carb is about..

Sowndwayv
08-31-2003, 07:41 PM
i was replying to phase's post about not giving a damn about smog testing

Wolfman
09-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Alright thats cool. Alright now that were all clear on this, the board is for Turbo, supercharers and NOS. I'm gonna ask this to Ripp MODs or anyone who has the RIPP mods SDS on their galants. IS it possible and how much does it cost to get it carb approved and to answer Phase24's question yes CARB is what california and a couple other states do for their emmisions testing.

Phase24
09-01-2003, 08:01 PM
i have the sds. ill let u know when i have to go get it tested.

Wolfman
09-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks Phase24 look forward to that. If Ripp Mods reads this and they know what it'll cost for CARb approval of their SDS I'd like to know cause patience is killer.

Wolfman
09-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Has anybody heard from RIPP in a while. I think they forgot about us again. OH well I guess it doesn't matter seeing I'll not be getting the SDS for a while although I'd STill like to know about the Headers RIPP. They CARB approved or what? c'mon keep us imformed this is good for all of us to be in the loop.

the boosted gs
09-25-2003, 11:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(I4_dymond)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm serious in getting the kit (Stage 2) I just need to get exhaust done on mine before I put it on. Â*Dont know whether to go to 2.5" or Â*3" pipe. What diameter are you using for the stage 2??? How much is it running for $$$ and what kind of numbers you getting out of the dyno??</div>

I am running a prototyped 'Stage 2' kit and I am running the magnaflow catback, which I believe is 2.25' in diameter.

Pricing has yet to be released, but will be in the near future. Keep an eye on www.rippmods.com for more information.

'Stage 2' Water/Methanol #'s:
The auto is laying down 250WHP @ 8-9PSI with the 'Stage 2' water/methanol injection. The 5-spd numbers @ 8-9PSI with 'Stage 2' water methanol injection are coming soon (expect about 270-280WHP though).

'Stage 2' FMIC #'s:
The auto 4G64 has not been intercooled as of yet, to my knowledge. The 5-spd is making 240WHP @ 8PSI.

*Keep in mind these #'s will continue to rise as more and more maps are written. The 6G72 is a prime example of this concept!

the boosted gs
09-25-2003, 11:24 AM
double post...

escoson
09-25-2003, 11:37 AM
cant waitt o see some #'s for stage 2 with the methanol cooler. im thinking around march 04' would be the best time for me to get the kit due to the winter is comming up. stage2 is def. going to be the way to go. no if ands or buts about it. i have yet to hear one negative comment about ripps products and i have talked to atleast 15 people who have purchased perfomance parts from them. IMO the ripp sds is def. the way to go https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Jet Black
09-28-2003, 02:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(akiraflux)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(island boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>stuff stuff stuff. yadda yadda yadda</div>

exactly. i want a fast car but turbo's just fuck yer car up too easily. if the sds is as safe as you say it is i WOULD get it if i could just scrape together the money. as it is i'm coming into a large portion of money sometime around the end of the year. at that point i'll probably pick up a stage 2 once i see more info on it.</div>

if you want your galant to hall ass and be safe the SDS is the best way to go. i have spoken with people about there sds's and i have been told that a i4 SDS stock can out run a 3.5 nissan altima( oh i forgot the raping the 300hp northstar cadi got from the tester also very fast) you may not know this but the altima has a 3.5 litter motor pushing 240hp and the same in torgue they are very quick. they run the 1/4 mile in a 14.9 to a 14.7 so that means the sds can easily get into the 14's now if you have a V6 i dont know exactly what vegas matt has on his car but his too has a SDS and he pushing 13.8's he taken his fare share of camero SS and mustange GTs big block V8 that are very fast.</div>

Look at what you made me do. I need to go put on some clean pants now. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>ionno where ur from, but in california passing the smog test is a big..BIG deal. the state has very strict guidelines, if not the strictest in the US, and if u go thru a legit test, and dont pass, then u wont be able to register ur car when that time comes around</div>

Actually toughest in the world https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif. Atleast according to Top Gear.