PDA

View Full Version : Falken Azenis Sport

atx
01-06-2003, 08:41 PM
what do u think of Falken Azenis Sport they look a whole lot like parada spec 2, around same price what do u think? any one try the avs100

Tiptronic
01-06-2003, 08:42 PM
GOT PICS?

a2ggalantondubs
01-06-2003, 09:21 PM
dont get them i put them on a mustang and he was right back cuz they have no grip they suck if any thang get the parada spec 2 but them stylr tires have a faster wear the say a michilin or kuhmo

atx
01-06-2003, 09:27 PM
[/url]']http://www.bigwheels.net/tireshow.jsp?mode...d=74 ('http://www.bigwheels.net/tireshow.jsp?modelid=74[url)

atx
01-06-2003, 09:33 PM
anyone know about the avs100 i dont really care about looks

mochanges
01-06-2003, 10:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a2ggalantondubs)</div><div class='quotemain'>dont get them i put them on a mustang and he was right back cuz they have no grip they suck if any thang get the parada spec 2 but them stylr tires have a faster wear the say a michilin or Â*kuhmo</div>

Completely wrong. ATX, go to an SCCA autocross and 90% of the guys there will be running these tires. They are the number one choice for tires right now. Paradas, the first and the second one, both suck, read about them on the web, they have had bad reviews. I used to run Kumho 712 (and unlike most of the guys on this board, my Galant actually sees track time) and the Azenis Sports are way better than the 712. The other tires you mentioned (Parada, AVS100) would get laughed off the track. The Azenis sports only negative is that they do not come in 18 inch sizes, they only go up to 17. They do have pretty good wear, which is suprising considering how well they grip. Also, the price is very fair, usually only a little bit more than the 712.

-Mohammad

Danger DANJ
01-07-2003, 12:30 PM
I have the Yokohama Parada spec 2's and have had no problems with them at all. Everyone I know with them loves them. I can't speak for how well they are on a track, but for street they are great. They feel very good in the rain too. Plus they come with some sort of procection ring inside the tire to help prevent damage from pot holes. I know I've hit a few big ones with my 18's and no dents yet.

mochanges
01-07-2003, 02:48 PM
For the street, anyone of the tires mentioned will be ok. When I said the Paradas suck, I meant for track use. That comment was only in response to the comment that Falken Azenis Sports suck. They do not. In fact, Grassroots Motorsports listed them as one the 20 best things to happen in 2002. For the street, from what I have read, the Paradas spec 2's are much improved over the first one. I personally like the Azenis sport, and then the 712.

-Mohammad