PDA

View Full Version : Um, am I getting free Sirius radio?

Proud Galant Driver
03-18-2008, 07:04 PM
So I haven't had my Sirius hooked up for well over a year. Today I decided that I wanted to hook it up again. I plug everything in and when I switch my head unit to Sirius I hear music! It has been playing for awhile now and has not cut out. I am 100% sure I have not been getting billed by Sirius for well over a year.

Am I getting free service or is this just a new trial Sirius does when an inactive receiver is detected?

spdracr
03-18-2008, 07:20 PM
i dont know how u got but u a lucky man

seth98esT
03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Unactivated receivers dont get any channels except one of the help channels. You coudl have paid for a full years service and have not known about it when you originally activated. Or you might just be getting free service. Id log into the Sirius site and find out, dont call them, if its there mistake, they might figure it out :P

Bezzle
03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Rock on.

fatal1
03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
hmm i dont know i know you get the 2 stations for free reguardless one is a news channel and the other is the test channel
are you sure you didnt pay for a yearly plan? i know its like 100 for 1 year 200 for 2 500 for life (not actual rates but just example)

spdracr
03-18-2008, 07:38 PM
i know with xm u get only the help channel but have u checked ur credit cards statements to see if u r not getting charged for sure ?? i mean u might have overlooked it

Proud Galant Driver
03-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I am sure I didn't pay for a year because I haven't had it hooked up for way over a year now. Prob 1 1/2 years.

Also, the account that I used to have the money taken out of every month is no longer in existence and hasn't been for probably almost a year.

My other account shows no history of any withdraw that looks anything similar to Sirius billing.

It's still coming in just fine. All the channels are working. Yay!

SkylineG1
03-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Stop worring about that & just keep using the service until they realize it.

Lomo2117
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
ok this is a screw up on sirius' part....ive known this trick for a while now....if you have a sirius unit registered wut u do is disconnect it and while its disconnected, meaning no power to the unit, u call them and cancel ur account...then wait 24 ta 48 hours and plug it back in...this equals free satalite radio....wut happens is they need the unit on in order to activate or de-activate it. if its unplugged with no power they cant zap it to cut signal and once you plug it back in they have no record of ur unit having service lolll just a few things ive learned werking with sirius reps....free shit is always cool :)