PDA

View Full Version : hesitation?

2003gtz
03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I have a problem that only happens some of the time. When i am accelerating sometimes the car slams in to speed its almost feels like a hesitation but its so quick you cant feel the hesitation you just feel the kick after. I am sorry that i cant explain well but if this sounds familiar to you and you have some suggestions i would love to hear them. I cleaned the throttle body tonite and put in gas cleaner as well but havent driven to much to feel a difference

pinoyesv6
03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
hesitation and kick like the tranny is having trouble shifting?

99 galant
03-22-2008, 10:15 PM
yea mine did the kick a few times on a down shift

any ideas pinoy?

2003gtz
03-23-2008, 11:28 AM
yah it almost feels like the trany. Is there anything that i can add that might help befote i pay to get it checked it out. i added the gas stuff from seafoam and i cleaned the throttlebodyi at first i thought it was the fuel injectors but i think the kick is to violent to be anything but the trany i am going to have the fluid changed and i bought some trany stuff from lucas oil to add as well i hope it works i dont want to replace a trany.

4-G-rim
03-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Does this happen when you suddenly accelerate?

The "hesitation" or "jerk" is common on A/T transmission when there is a sudden change in open throttle. Basically the TCU (Transmission Control Unit) isn't fast enough to determine which is the best gear to put the transmission in with the sudden change in throttle position and rpm's. As long its not a prolong jerking and hesitation lasting no more a couple seconds then its normal...anything longer indicates a problem either with the transmission or engine.

2003gtz
03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
yes it does happen when i suddenly accelerate . Im glad to hear that i dont have to replace my transmition. is there anything i should do other than try not to drive with a heavy foot?

Toubis
03-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Had a similar issue when i had my altima, I ended up changing the injectors, and cleaning the throttle body. The hesitation went away.