PDA

View Full Version : AEM CAI intake is on (but I don't know it)

GNICETRY
01-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Installed the Aem CAI intake w/o bypass. Was pretty simple. Light as hell, really nice looking and done professionally. However driving I really didn't notice power improvements. Wasn't really expecting too much in that department though, so I'm not that disappointed. But sound-wise it is practically the same. I thought that it was supposed to be louder?? I went up to 5K and really no differance. Little disappointed at that. Just thought I would share.

pinoyesv6
01-07-2003, 12:20 PM
since the air filter is located arther away from u. its gonna be quieter than a short ram. to tell u the truth, my car at WOT with a short ram is louder than some cars with cai exhaust and headers, dpeending on the muffler. but yea the gains might not be felt by u but you probalby will see the results better on a dyno or maybe if u installed it during the hot summer since the air now is cold now.

Danger DANJ
01-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Did you reset the ECU?

GNICETRY
01-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Yes I reset the ECU. No codes so far.

Aztec
01-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Did you reset the ECU?

i was just gonna go install my intake when i read this? How do you reset it and why ?

thanks for the info in advance

Auto-9
01-08-2003, 03:11 AM
Disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes...lets the ECU adjust to the CAI quicker I think.