PDA

View Full Version : what intakes are carb legal

dronesurfboards
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
im finally giving in and looking at getting an intake. The engine bay is looking plain so, im looking to get one for cosmetic reasons. Ive been eyeing the injen sp in black but its still carb pending. I know the IS injen intake is carb legal but I was wondering if there are other brands that are carb legal? I dont want to deal with removing the intake for smog.

dronesurfboards
04-01-2008, 02:42 PM
and if anyone is selling one for cheap, pm me a price! thanks. ill pay through paypal immediately

beam514
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
isn't AEM carb legal

Koncept
04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
isn't AEM carb legal

I think AEM are C.A.R.B. legal. I tried looking up some info, but all I found was that all their intakes are either C.A.R.B exempt or pending.

dronesurfboards
04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
i think its carb pending

SkylineG1
04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
my Injen is carb legal but then again....

bellefontaine187
04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
i thought they were all legal. hmmmm, i have the injen sp short ram intake and it didnt void my warantee or prevent me from being able to get an inspection sticker. i live in maine and the police around here are assholes. my exaust isnt loud at all and they give me shit about it all the time and tell me its not legal. fu*k the police!

dronesurfboards
04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Ill fail the visual here in Cali without the Carb Stickers. The Injen SP's are nice but are carb pending and AEM has a carb legal one but its for the eclipse, so ill fail the visual with it on. Too bad fujita didnt make one for our cars, i really liked their product. Ill probably just get an Injen SP and switch it out when smog comes around. Im just hella lazy to do it when the time comes lol!