PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light INOP

Lazarus
01-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey Guys I was getting in the Car today and I left the car running because it was snowing last night and I got into the car took the Ebrake off and Backed out and drove down the street well I looked down and I noticed the E brake light was still on. I played with it for a while and still the light was on but the brake was detatched. well I got home and when I pulled into the Complex I pulled up into the Apartmends and thelight went off? Odd. Any Ideas?

pinoyesv6
01-07-2003, 08:25 PM
i remember seeing most of the in car ebrake linkage a few days ago when i took apart the armrest to wire up my car. flip open the center armrest and in the pocket there should be a rubber sheet. remove that and u'll see 2 brass colored phillips head screws. remove those. then pull out the center armrest and cup holders. then you will see all the ebrake linakage and stuff. make sure that there isn't anything obstructing the lil sensor that says if the ebrake is on or off.

manybrews
01-07-2003, 10:49 PM
actually, the boot in the master cylinder reservoir has probably "popped" out of its resting position. it happens with the temp changes. unscrew the reservoir cap and push the boot back in.