PDA

View Full Version : problem after radio install

booothhh
04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
hey guys i have a very big problem. i decided to be cheap and install an aftermarket cd player myself, took me about 2 hours to figure out all the wiring but i finally did it.. i went to go reach in behind the radio after i had it mounted into the dash and all of a sudden the interior lights went out and nothing worked. i started the car and turned the headlights on and as soon as they went on they went really dim and the car started acting up. when im driving slowing down it feels almost as if the car wants to stall but doesnt. i have no idea what i did i checked the relay fuse and the ignition fuse in the drivers comparment but they were fine.

any advice would help
thanks

Galant306m
04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
disconnect the orange wire labled illumination.! should solve your problem.

Lomo2117
04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
ya and his fuse for the interior lights probably blew too...disconnect that wire and check fuses if ur interior lights dont come on

youngin3
04-03-2008, 08:48 PM
The fuse you probably blew is under the hood. I did the same thing when I was installing my radio. Don't feel bad. It is an easy mishap. I replaced my fuse under the hood and it worked fine afterwards.

booothhh
04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
will that solve the driving problem too? its too dark out to go out and tear everything apart again so ill try it tomorrow. i thought i just costed myself at least 50 bucks. thanks for the quick responses guys ..

oh yeah and i need the orange wire to be hooked up for the radio to work right?
something about mitsubishi's confuses me .. my spec-v was never this difficult

fatal1
04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
the fuse you need to replace is under the hood in the yellow surround...i cant say if there are any other wiring problems obiously though

booothhh
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
i tried to take that off too theres 2 10a fuses i think they were .. how do i take that off i lifted up on it and it wouldnt come off

Galant306m
04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
no you dont need the orange wire!

fatal1
04-04-2008, 01:16 AM
i tried to take that off too theres 2 10a fuses i think they were .. how do i take that off i lifted up on it and it wouldnt come off

you dont take off the yellow shroud that is what holds the fuses in place...i use a pair of needle nose plyers or the edge corner of a set of regular plyers if you can get it in there depending how fat they are...

fliegendaffe
04-04-2008, 01:39 AM
what the orange wire is, is what is called an illumination wire, sometimes also known as a dimmer wire. what this is supposed to do it either illuminate and/or certain parts of a factory HU. Usually on aftermarket HU's it's just dimming. this is not a necessary wire for any HU install

Blackmm
04-18-2008, 04:31 PM
You should have got a wiring harness instead of trying to trace what each wire goes to. It really helps in making sure what wire goes where and you don't have to cut any vehicle wires.