PDA

View Full Version : Complicated Wiring Setup for HID Retro

lonestar22
04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
im contimplating getting an HID retrofit. i want to use FX35 bixenon projectors in the low beam section. I want them to work to where when i flip on the high beams, the inner high beams come on and the cutoff shield flips down like a mercedes high beams work. this has lead to me coming up with a highly confusing wiring diagram. one of my questions is, with this setup would i have to rewire my lights so that my low beams stay on with my high beams for the bixenon to work properly or no?
also i wanted to use the harness pictured below and then just feed another wire off to my high beams. would this cause a power draw to my high beams or no.

here is the harness i want to use:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Retrofitsource/H4Bixenon.jpg

spdracr
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM
did u do that harness ?? If yes then u can use ur help with my lights

Sorry couldn't help but hopefully someone can help u

pinoyesv6
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
according to the website, that should be just plug and play. meaning you don't have to do anything, it even has the built in diode to keep the bulb turned on even when you are in high beam mode.

lonestar22
04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
did u do that harness ?? If yes then u can use ur help with my lights

Sorry couldn't help but hopefully someone can help u

no i did not build that harness, the credit for that harness goes to the website on the picture

ericbla03
04-05-2008, 08:50 PM
$55 is a pretty reasonable price for that harness. I made an almost identical harness for my Bixenon retrofit and it was more time consuming than i thought it would be. But it works great.

I need a little clarification on what you're asking though. Are you planning on having a bixenon projector, and then another high beam off to the side (using JDM healights, or a dual projector setup) , Or do you plan on just using the bixenon projector alone?

If you are wanting the solenoid to flip down the cutoff shield, AS WELL as activate another high beam off to the side, you will need to do the "diode trick" i believe.

lonestar22
04-05-2008, 09:04 PM
yes i want the high beam to the side to come on as well as flip down the cutoff shield. would this be a simple case of splitting the wires that went to the high beam?