PDA

View Full Version : helping hooking up components pls!

karn
04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
i have a 9g and i am replacing all the speakers , the front two and the rear two.

I am buying Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 for the front which are 25-100rms 4ohms and the rear are 2-110rms 2ohms

i am guesing a 125+rms x4channel amp is good enough right? but how should i hook up the speakers..??
is it jus going to be in series or do i have to do bridging or parallel or some shit? can someone give me a small diagram with arrows pls!!.. also a amp suggestion would be nice!!

Lomo2117
04-11-2008, 08:39 AM
you dont have to run parallel or bridge nething just run them straight to the amp....run ur fronts into channel 1 and 2 and ur rears into channel 3 and 4....when ur adjusting the amp set the frequencies to half to start and then move from there...ur gunna set ur rears louder than ur fronts by a little bit so the sound evens out....pretty simple....

When ur wiring ur crossovers ur gunna cut the plug off the speaker connector in the door and strip those wires...connect those two wires, knowing which is pos and neg if you dont then test them, to the inputs to the left of the crossover....then u run the wires from the mid bass speaker to the middle inputs and the tweeter to the right outputs..pretty easy cuz on the crossover the inputs r labeled S+/- which is the woofer and T+/- for the tweeter and i believe its LN+/- for the line in from the door....and problems let us kno

karn
04-14-2008, 09:48 PM
thanx a lot man!!! ya me and my bro were thinking bout doing this.. we asked a couple of people.. the amp and speakers are like $600 by itself.. but people we talk to said we need like 10other things and made the total down to 1k+.. they said we need amp kit which i know we need so $650.. but why do we need a radio converter or w.e. it is called?

Lomo2117
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
are you using the factory radio?

fliegendaffe
04-15-2008, 10:25 AM
thanx a lot man!!! ya me and my bro were thinking bout doing this.. we asked a couple of people.. the amp and speakers are like $600 by itself.. but people we talk to said we need like 10other things and made the total down to 1k+.. they said we need amp kit which i know we need so $650.. but why do we need a radio converter or w.e. it is called?

if you are using a factory radio, you do need a L.O.C. aka a line out convertor to give your amp a signal. what this does is converts your regular speaker signal (high) and converts it to a low signal which is what your amp needs.