PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a high output alternator...

yeddy2201
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey im looking for a high output alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car so ill need more power. If anyone knows where i could order one for just let me know, thanks....

hellk4t
04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I do not know about that :X but welcome to TGC! :)

yeddy2201
04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey im looking for a high output alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car and need more powe. If anyone knows where i could order one from just let me know...Thanks

yeddy2201
04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey im looking for a good alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car and need more power. If anyone knows where i could get one from just let me know...Thanks

komodo
04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
An alternator? For high-perfomance audio?
I don't know much about alternators.. but don't people usually just get really good batteries?

fliegendaffe
04-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't know much about alternators.. but don't people usually just get really good batteries?

you power comes from your alternator, not your battery.

the jobs of the battery are to start the car and smooth out AC ripples coming from the alternator, along with giving the electrical system additional power when it draws too much.

edit: and i would also like to know where to get a higher watt alternator

komodo
04-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Why is there two of these threads in two different forums?

IceDouTGaLanT
04-08-2008, 12:16 AM
ohio generators or iggi alternators search on yahoo for them

komodo
04-08-2008, 12:20 AM
you power comes from your alternator, not your battery.

the jobs of the battery are to start the car and smooth out AC ripples coming from the alternator, along with giving the electrical system additional power when it draws too much.

edit: and i would also like to know where to get a higher watt alternator

Hmn. I learnt something knew.. I thought the alternator just helped recharge the battery from dying out or something like that.. :lol:

fliegendaffe
04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Hmn. I learnt something knew.. I thought the alternator just helped recharge the battery from dying out or something like that.. :lol:

yes, it does charge the battery, but that is only one of the primary functions of the alternator.

jimmy_o2
04-08-2008, 01:03 AM
that i know of there is no alternator with higher amps what u gotta do is to have ur alternator re spooled to a higher rating so u can get the higher rating alternator also try our search button it does wonders i know this has come up alot

Trevs56
04-08-2008, 06:02 AM
ALTERNATORS HI-AMP (for stereos): i only really know of 3, ohiogen.com, i believe u can order one for a dodge stratus (01-05) from powermaster or there is a guy who specially makes them i can recommend that i found on this website named Dominick Iraggi. word of pre-caution, hi-amp alternators for our cars are super expensive, they run from 400-800 bucks from what ive seen. what u can also do is take your stock alternator to an electrical shop an have them respin it. thats the most cost effective. our stock alternators spin at 90 AMPS. i was quoted $250 to respin my alternator at 140 AMPS an they will attach a smaller pulley so it spins faster at idle. the 170 amp alternator on the bottom of the pic youll see in the powermaster website i believe is the one that is an exact match to our car. although its for an 01-05 Stratus, the stratus had the 4g64 engine in those model yrs. its a lot of money though. the part numbers on the right of the pic u can take to autozone where they have powermaster parts and theyll give u a price on each one of those numbers. theres 3 part numbers, each one just corresponds to different casing finishes w/ chrome being the most expensive.

http://www.ohiogen.com/index.html
http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/mopar_high_amp.html

Irragi alternators
n/a
LaVergne TN
Phone: 615-287-7991
Email: [email protected]
Contact Name: Dominick Iraggi

wittydrewy
04-08-2008, 08:51 AM
just take the load of the alternator and use batterys. If you have the money use the optima batterys and run them in a series. Or be like everyone else and get capacitors.

youngin3
04-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Is respinning an alternator something that can be DIY?

That would be too freaking easy.

OR

What if I made a custom mount for an alternator out of a different car, (my Dodge)?

Lomo2117
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
check out this site...ive ordered from them and installed a few

http://stingerelectronics.com/

may b a little expensive but there awesome...i installed a DUAL alternator in an escalade...it weighted like 50-60lbs and was a bitch but it stopped dimming lights and power loss...good luck

Trevs56
04-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Is respinning an alternator something that can be DIY?

That would be too freaking easy.

OR

What if I made a custom mount for an alternator out of a different car, (my Dodge)?

dont no how easy it is to respin an alternator. i no its bascially just replaceing the insides with a coil that flows more higher flowing current an changing the diameter of the pulley on it to spin better at idle but i dont no if u wanna do a DIY project go for it. show us pics on how it comes out.

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM

yea but sometimes thats not enough, so u would get an alternator, but everywhere i look i cant find one stong enough

fliegendaffe
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
yea but sometimes thats not enough, so u would get an alternator, but everywhere i look i cant find one stong enough

wrong. if you drain you battery then you alternator has to work harder anyways now to recharge what was used of the battery

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
check out this site...ive ordered from them and installed a few

http://stingerelectronics.com/

may b a little expensive but there awesome...i installed a DUAL alternator in an escalade...it weighted like 50-60lbs and was a bitch but it stopped dimming lights and power loss...good luck

thanks imma look into it

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
wrong. if you drain you battery then you alternator has to work harder anyways now to recharge what was used of the battery

a cap

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 09:58 PM
just take the load of the alternator and use batterys. If you have the money use the optima batterys and run them in a series. Or be like everyone else and get capacitors.

i have a cap and a battery but im pushin 2000 RMS watts on my sub and 800 watts on my highs

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
ALTERNATORS HI-AMP (for stereos): i only really know of 3, ohiogen.com, i believe u can order one for a dodge stratus (01-05) from powermaster or there is a guy who specially makes them i can recommend that i found on this website named Dominick Iraggi. word of pre-caution, hi-amp alternators for our cars are super expensive, they run from 400-800 bucks from what ive seen. what u can also do is take your stock alternator to an electrical shop an have them respin it. thats the most cost effective. our stock alternators spin at 90 AMPS. i was quoted $250 to respin my alternator at 140 AMPS an they will attach a smaller pulley so it spins faster at idle. the 170 amp alternator on the bottom of the pic youll see in the powermaster website i believe is the one that is an exact match to our car. although its for an 01-05 Stratus, the stratus had the 4g64 engine in those model yrs. its a lot of money though. the part numbers on the right of the pic u can take to autozone where they have powermaster parts and theyll give u a price on each one of those numbers. theres 3 part numbers, each one just corresponds to different casing finishes w/ chrome being the most expensive.

http://www.ohiogen.com/index.html
http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/mopar_high_amp.html

Irragi alternators
n/a
LaVergne TN
Phone: 615-287-7991
Email: [email protected]
Contact Name: Dominick Iraggi

thanks for the help

yeddy2201
04-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I do not know about that :X but welcome to TGC! :)

thanks i like this