PDA

View Full Version : K&N filter

Lomo2117
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
If i were to remove the stock air intake box and add the MAS adapter and a K&N filter would it help or work negative towards my gas mileage? I kno that if theres too much air flowing then it may throw off the air/fuel ratio and it may run too bad or cause damage

G-spot
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
depending on hard you drive, it will decrease gas mileage (a little). I doubt it causes damage unless you drive into a 4 ft puddle :(

duh2150
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
disconnect the bettery, wait 5 min and plug back in itll clear everything your car knows, i hate disconnecting my battery becasue it dont like the 8lb flywheel on it, so it stalls out for like a week of driving until it jsut bitch slaps itself and realizes it dont run right

pinoyesv6
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I kno that if theres too much air flowing then it may throw off the air/fuel ratio and it may run too bad or cause damage

since you don't have forced induction, the car will only take the air that it needs, and as long as your MAS and other electronics are fine, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

dknight3
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
depending on hard you drive, it will decrease gas mileage (a little). I doubt it causes damage unless you drive into a 4 ft puddle :(
So... how do you think that an intake can hurt your mileage? i gotta call you out on that cause i think you are full of shit. (sorry)

Lomo2117
04-08-2008, 07:44 PM
since you don't have forced induction, the car will only take the air that it needs, and as long as your MAS and other electronics are fine, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

ya everything is running fine rite now and has been...i just dont wanna put it on and throw a code or nething ya kno.....i mean on my last care i had CAI and everything was fine but then a friend of mine threw a CAI onto his A4 and it threw a code not knowing why....just wanna be sure before i make ne moves

Lomo2117
04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
ok so i got the filter and the adapter on but i have sum play in the entire setup obv because there is no mount to keep it stable....i used sumthin to keep it sum what stable but i need to make sum kind of bracket tomorrow....if the intake tube has to much play and its kinda movin around will the MAS become fucked or no? I am def making a bracket tho as soon as i get a chance to.....

G-spot
04-10-2008, 08:51 PM
So... how do you think that an intake can hurt your mileage? i gotta call you out on that cause i think you are full of shit. (sorry)
I know it was a full of shit statement. But then again why would the OP ask this kind of question. I mean it's just a filter, right? :smt101

pinoyesv6
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
your MAS should be fine if its only til 2morrow. just make sure everything else is secure and if you can try to secure it with something, I ran my MAS loose for a little bit and it rubbed on something and the cover started to wear down. i eventually got it secured and its fine.

Lomo2117
04-11-2008, 08:13 AM
ok sounds good....just another quick question, when i shut the car off i hear like an exhale of air sounds like its comin from the filter...is this normal??

skyhigh90210
04-11-2008, 09:41 AM
yes

6G72Galant
04-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Because youre more likely to drive harder just so you can hear that ever so addictive sound of that CAI:smt074

Lomo2117
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
iight thanx for the info fellas....got everything strapped down and its not movin..jus ran to auto zone and got sum metal exhaust strapping....thanx for the help again....TGC is the shyyyyyyyt

mapid145
04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
yah we know

proteusx301
04-11-2008, 08:47 PM

air thus fuel. think that one over for a bit

dknight3
04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
air thus fuel. think that one over for a bit

how about YOU think THIS over a bit

dumbass....

proteusx301
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
how about YOU think THIS over a bit

dumbass....

you just proved yourself wrong. with a higher flow intake kit, you are flowing more air, thus your ECM is calculating a different fuel curve to compensate for added air flow.

dknight3
04-11-2008, 11:24 PM
you are flowing more air.
your not flowing more air.. the air flows easier.

the car will only take the air that it needs
im not sure what you dont understand about this, but im not gunna argue with you about it since you obviously dont know how an engine works..

proteusx301
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah, i probably dont. 'scuse me, i gotta go finish studying for my ASE recertifications.