PDA

View Full Version : Battery and Brake light on when first started until revved!!!

tom04841
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Just as stated. When I first start the car, the battery and brake light stay on until i rev the car, then go out. Anyone else had this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

RAZ_76
04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Bad battery, faulty alternator. Are you having problems starting the car at all??

tom04841
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Bad battery, faulty alternator. Are you having problems starting the car at all??

Battery is fine. I did a charging test and all is good. No probs starting the car either.

ohgrfreak
04-10-2008, 06:31 AM
How long has it been going on? Are you throwing a code at all? If it's the battery or the alternator, after a few starts, you'd have not a lot of juice left, and you'd notice that of course. Is your alternator belt loose?

Um, this happens to some people I know, they do not understand that the lights come on no matter what when you start the car and go off in time, I'm not assuming you are one of those people, just ya know, if it's not a problem, then they'll go off by themselves (There are people out there who just don't know that, apologies if it seems like I'm pointing out the obvious).

If you're not throwing a CEL and you're running fine, I wouldn't be too concerned, if Mitsubishi doesn't know how to do one thing right, it's electrical. I have so many electrical gremlins in my car it's not even funny, I just kinda shrug it off.

bronxbombr
04-10-2008, 11:13 AM
altenator and or battery is going bad.

tom04841
04-10-2008, 04:00 PM
How long has it been going on? Are you throwing a code at all? If it's the battery or the alternator, after a few starts, you'd have not a lot of juice left, and you'd notice that of course. Is your alternator belt loose?

Um, this happens to some people I know, they do not understand that the lights come on no matter what when you start the car and go off in time, I'm not assuming you are one of those people, just ya know, if it's not a problem, then they'll go off by themselves (There are people out there who just don't know that, apologies if it seems like I'm pointing out the obvious).

If you're not throwing a CEL and you're running fine, I wouldn't be too concerned, if Mitsubishi doesn't know how to do one thing right, it's electrical. I have so many electrical gremlins in my car it's not even funny, I just kinda shrug it off.

I am an ASE Certified mechanic, but no offense taken.

I have a brand new alternator and battery. Both have been tested multiple times and are fine. It doesn't cause any issues, just urks me a bit.