PDA

View Full Version : seat belt reminder

sambo89
04-13-2008, 11:58 AM
hello everyone, I recently just bought an 05 galant LS and have not been able to figure out how to disable the seat belt alarm. Can anyone tell me how/ if it can be done? I do not see anything in the owners manual about it.
Thanks

Serstylz2
04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Simple.. put the seat belt on

DOHCstunr
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
just cut the connector and twist the wires together. seal it with a wire nut.

done.

Wear your seatbelt.

But it is gay how the pasenger light will stay on all the damn time even if you are the only one in the car.

guynlidia2006
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
All I Did Was Unplug The Sensor Under The Seat And It Never Comes On Again ... I Did That With My 02 Galant And 95 Civic Back In The Day :-)

IceDouTGaLanT
04-13-2008, 09:41 PM
in my legacy, all you had to do is click it in and out about 20 times really fast and its disabled the noise

99 galant
04-14-2008, 09:14 AM
how about you just wear it? not that hard. and OBVIOUSLY it would NOT be in the owners manual. THEY WANT YOU TO FUCKING WEAR IT

people can be idiots. my dad complains about it too. well i dont want to find him in a hosiptal one day bcuz his dumb ass went out the window. yes hes been driving 100+ for years but you can be the best driver and still fuck up.

Blackmm
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Like the others said, just wear the seat belt. I don't know how other states are, but in Oklahoma, the OHP are really cracking down on seat belt violaters and will pull up next to your vehicle while driving to look in your window to see if you have it on.

dusthead
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
wear it.

and don't disconnect the cable under the seat or you'll get SRS (suplemental restraint system) light on your dash that won't go away without going to the dealership and having them clear it. thats with just about anything that as to do with airbags/seatbelts or sensors/lights/indicators for any of those systems...experience talking.

guynlidia2006
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
wear it.

and don't disconnect the cable under the seat or you'll get SRS (suplemental restraint system) light on your dash that won't go away without going to the dealership and having them clear it. thats with just about anything that as to do with airbags/seatbelts or sensors/lights/indicators for any of those systems...experience talking.

ITS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHES SINCE I DISCONNECTED IT AND NO LIGHT...

6G72Galant
04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Fuck seatbelts:cool:

99 galant
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
yea... people who dont wear seat belts are who FUCK the insurance compaies for the people who do.

just bcuz you want to die doesnt mean we need to have higher bills for your sorry asses

6G72Galant
04-18-2008, 01:14 AM
yea... people who dont wear seat belts are who FUCK the insurance compaies for the people who do.

just bcuz you want to die doesnt mean we need to have higher bills for your sorry asses

My non-seat belt wearing ass aint the reason for your higher premiums. You can thank the previous generations of reckless young male drivers for that.:p

99 galant
04-18-2008, 06:22 AM
i know that lol

anyways its funny how he hasnt posted back yet.

sambo89
04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a hundred years and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.

fliegendaffe
04-23-2008, 11:30 AM
99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a hundred years and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.

I disabled my reminder, but I always been wearing my seat belt since I was a kid, especially since I've been in 2 accidents where my seat belt saved my life.

99 galant
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a HUNDRED YEARS and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.

first, i said 100+ FOR years. as in 100+ MPH for years. and you not wearing a seatbelt is just fucking stupid. WOAH YOUR 20? omg even fucking dumber. all YOUNG kids think they drive RESPONSIBLY, yea im 17 and i know that im not a great driver bcuz even at your age your still not a good driver. I know i try to drive safe, i usually do but we are still young. we dont have all the experiance. so wear the fucking seat belt you fucking idiot.

99 galant
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I disabled my reminder, but I always been wearing my seat belt since I was a kid, especially since I've been in 2 accidents where my seat belt saved my life.

they do say that seatbelts can ruin a life too but seriously, 99% of the time they save it.

this guy is a dumbass

fliegendaffe
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
first, i said 100+ FOR years. as in 100+ MPH for years. and you not wearing a seatbelt is just fucking stupid. WOAH YOUR 20? omg even fucking dumber. all YOUNG kids think they drive RESPONSIBLY, yea im 17 and i know that im not a great driver bcuz even at your age your still not a good driver. I know i try to drive safe, i usually do but we are still young. we dont have all the experiance. so wear the fucking seat belt you fucking idiot.

whoah, cool down buddy

Galant306m
04-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Dude Just unplug it under your seat.

Dont get pissed at people when you as a dumb question. I think that a 9yr old could figure out that there is going to be a plug on the seatbelt clip!

Last but not least dont start shit with people that have more credibility then you on a forum when you have two posts! You will get permabanned really quick.

I call for a lock thread he got his info and now this should be locked so we dont have to see bickering!

BuzzPuppy
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I understand you have a choice, and yes you can unplug the sensor under your seat.

Sambo, what you'll find it's often not you that's the problem, but other drivers who find their way into your cabin at high speeds. Trust me, I had to be cut out of my first ride after someone ran a red light and hit me at full speed, pushing me into the path of another car that also hit me.

Hell if I had the choice, I'd strap myself in with a five-point harness :)

Good luck to you mate.

krazienluv10
04-23-2008, 11:50 PM
if you guys are still doing ricer flyby's, attend to em illegal race meets, continuously drive over 100 at the freeway, purposely look for a street race... u still need alot more growing up. It just gets old after a while...buckle up and be safe, you never know what douche bag is gonna hit ya...

4-G-rim
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Those are smart words my friend! I used to wear my seatbelt once in awhile till my fiance got into her accident.

IF she didn't wear her seatbelt she would not be here with me or she would be suffering from a massive brain injury. Like what Krazie said..you never know about other drivers. My girl was just driving normally at the speed limit and some dumbass bitch ran a stop sign at 50mph and Tboned her right on the drivers side door.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3179/pc060375au8.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc060375au8.jpg)

Her seatbelt saved her life and prevented her from any further injury.

Wear your seatbelts...if you don't because its uncomfortable or it doesn't look cool, you are betting your life on it.

99 galant
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
G-Rim how is she doing?

i hope this 20 year old dipshit grows up too. yea im only going to be 18 but im not retarted.

youngin3
04-24-2008, 10:58 AM
wear it.

I'll vouch for that. Luckily my girlfriend's dad is a mechanic and he can reset it for me when I do something stupid.

Fuck seatbelts:cool:

Ah, lets all get in a circle, smoke pot and fuck intelligence also while we are at it!

Calm down sparky...

Those are smart words my friend! I used to wear my seatbelt once in awhile till my fiance got into her accident.

IF she didn't wear her seatbelt she would not be here with me or she would be suffering from a massive brain injury. Like what Krazie said..you never know about other drivers. My girl was just driving normally at the speed limit and some dumbass bitch ran a stop sign at 50mph and Tboned her right on the drivers side door.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3179/pc060375au8.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc060375au8.jpg)

Her seatbelt saved her life and prevented her from any further injury.

Wear your seatbelts...if you don't because its uncomfortable or it doesn't look cool, you are betting your life on it.

That is what you need to see right there. G-rim is lucky enough to have a loved one get into that situation so he can learn the lesson that way.

sambo89
04-25-2008, 02:06 AM
99' galant there is no reason for fuckin name calling the reason i started this thread was to find out how to disable the seat belt alarm, alot of other manufacturers have the ability to disable so i was hoping that was the case, unfortunately not. So am a dipshit asshole for not wearing my seatbelt, and always following the speed limit but its okay for ur dad to go 100+ miles an hour. rethink that one. Also I wasnt braggin that im a 20 year old driver, I said that im only 20 i know that i have only 4 years of experience and get this thru ur head I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS OF NOT WEARING A SEATBELT and thats something im willing to risk. So relax dude it shouldnt bother u that much that im not wearing my seatbelt, worry about yourself. Also, I apologize to everyone that thought this was a bit rediculous I didnt mean to start a flame war, i am hoping to post on the forums whenever I get a chance and learn more about the galant I just got, Thanks

99 galant
04-25-2008, 05:39 AM
i think its funny you only attack me back when plenty of others are saying the same. and i didnt say he is better then you for driving that fast. re-read your shit buddy.

sambo89
04-25-2008, 09:35 AM
because ur the only one callin me "fuckin idiot", "dumbass" and " 20 year old dipshit" just cause i dont wanna wear my seatbelt, why the fuck do u care so much? find something better to do with ur time

fliegendaffe
04-25-2008, 10:24 AM
I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS OF NOT WEARING A SEATBELT and thats something im willing to risk.

so if you're rather be dead vs minor, maybe major, injuries, then i would call you a dumbass as well.

because ur the only one callin me "fuckin idiot", "dumbass" and " 20 year old dipshit" just cause i dont wanna wear my seatbelt, why the fuck do u care so much? find something better to do with ur time

with someone with just a couple post, i would watch your tone with people that have been here a long time.

youngin3
04-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I say let him disable his seat belt reminder, and when he is dead from an accident, then he won't be a problem anymore. ;)

fliegendaffe
04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I say let him disable his seat belt reminder, and when he is dead from an accident, then he won't be a problem anymore. ;)

agreed

seth98esT
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Locking this up. This thread is about how to disable the seatbelt alarm, not a 'To wear or not to wear' seatbelt debate. Thanks for looking.

RedGalant2k1
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
My uncle was thrown from his car because he didn't wear his seatbelt. Thankfully he is alive, but the paramedics had to pick his kneecaps up off the ground and bring them to the hospital to be reattached.

Thankfully I was wearing a seatbelt when I wrecked my Galant at 70mph. Thankfully G-Rim's girl was wearing one and is still here.

If it wasn't a good safety device do you think every auto manufacturer would be using them?