PDA

View Full Version : Changing the light in your guages...

JROCKA
01-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know how to change the light behind you gauges. I recently saw it on a site how a guy changed the light in the background it looked kinda hot. Can anyone tell me how he did it? Thanx people!

http://glue.umd.edu/~hillbj/TGC%20Files/TGCTutorials/8ggauge/2.jpg

http://glue.umd.edu/~hillbj/TGC%20Files/TGCTutorials/8ggauge/3.jpg<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>[/size][size=12]</span>

BGR
01-08-2003, 03:22 PM
That, if I'm not mistaken, is just a small purple neon tube shining up on the gauges.

Changing the bulbs are really easy. Follow the instruction I put together for installing Reverse EL gauges on the tutorial site at www.thegalantcenter.com - when you remove the gauge cluster, you'll see the bulbs on the back. They are easy to remove. You can then paint the bulbs or replace them with 194 bulbs from APC, in either painted glass or LED. They come in assorted colors.

pinoyesv6
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
the first ones look like hyperwhite bulbs. bgr listed how to change them. uhm another option to colored bulbs is gel caps. they are colored bulb condoms. jsut slip them over the bulbs and u got color.

a neon bar would work great but the guys at the lancer forums have figured out how to do this cheaper. they use small LED projectors. coust around 3-10 dollars whereever and u just mount em in back of ur steering wheel, like on the steering column and then u just aim it at the cluster and u achieve a similar affect

antmoneygtz
01-08-2003, 04:32 PM
that looks hot as hell...

Khopari
01-09-2003, 05:11 PM
[quote="JROCKA"]Does anyone know how to change the light behind you gauges. I recently saw it on a site how a guy changed the light in the background it looked kinda hot. Can anyone tell me how he did it? Thanx people!

umm i changed the buld behind my gauges with blue color it looks hot as
hell but. and it only coast me under $10 bucks. pretty cheap mod.

but the bad thing about it is that its too bright for the people with eye
problem. :roll: