PDA

View Full Version : chugging along

dub.p
04-16-2008, 08:15 PM
hello fellaz
so yeah been here lookin round for a while, recently became a member and i look everyday just to see how everyone else is.

so a lil info on the kid, ive got a 99 galant ES V6, and its my first car, had it for about 2 years, but never could get anywhere with doing things to it because i was always moving around since ive had it. i used to live in NY now i live in NJ and that's about it

alright so down to business; the recent string of lil problems have been the catalyst for my mods to be.
problems:(
1. mph doesnt register ( i'm pretty sure its the vss, just not sure how to get in there to mess wit it, i'm not afraid of the wrench in the least bit, ive taken my car apart several times with no sweat), but yeah i needa get one of those.
2. neither lighter socket works... ( ive checked all the fuses, they're all fine, and i didnt find a fuse within the socket itself, but i will double check it tomorrow)
3. the radio doesnt play fm... (ive tested it and it plays am but not fm, grounded out nothing on the fm)

what i'm doing about it....
1. so i've installed autotechnic gauges :):) they look friggin awesome, i havent taken it out for a spin yet... not that i'd be going faster than "0" miles an hour anyway hahaha:smt081
but yeah i'm gonna get to ordering the vss sometime this or next week...
2. i'll figure that out soon... if everything is testing right with the multimeter i would be guessing its the socket itself.
3. buying a new radio :)

alright so yeah i'll be posting pics as well...

but i'd like to know any opinions on the VRX785BT by clarion... i wanted to add either the navigation or the back up cam ( not that i'd use either one, but i'd like to know which yall think is more pimpery :cool: )...

as a sidenote i have a long list of mods i'd like to do, carpeting, upholstering, headliner swap, etc.
one thing at a time, and i just want to thank everyone on the site that contributes and asks questions because it makes things easier for me and others. and to all the knowledgeable members that answer questions... thanks all!:smt006

so i have three dins.... radio/cassette, ac controls, cd player
i'll only be keeping the ac controls, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestionis on what to do with the remaining din ???
btw i'm not getting a double din setup cuz i dont want it to get jacked

sorry for extra post v v v v

dub.p
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
so i have three dins.... radio/cassette, ac controls, cd player
i'll only be keeping the ac controls, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestionis on what to do with the remaining din ???
btw i'm not getting a double din setup cuz i dont want it to get jacked

dub.p
04-22-2008, 12:46 AM
before and afterrrrrrrr
gauges look so niceeeee
i really should fix the vss hahaha

also painted my interiors, i'm going to show that off soon too :)

if i want to insert pics within the message do i have to link it up to one of those hosting sites?

dwjp90
04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
before and afterrrrrrrr
gauges look so niceeeee
i really should fix the vss hahaha

also painted my interiors, i'm going to show that off soon too :)

if i want to insert pics within the message do i have to link it up to one of those hosting sites?

third din

http://i27.tinypic.com/znpzbp.jpg

mines shifted to the left cause im puting something else ther later