PDA

View Full Version : 7G dash speakers

nico24vr6
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I already searched but coudlnt find much information.

Im doing a system for my gf's 97 galant. its a non-infinity factory stereo.

It will be getting an alpine cda 7894, type S 6x9s for the rear and type S 6.5" for the front doors. Now crutchfield states there are 4" dash speakers. since i will be running these from the deck, will dash speakers be necessary still? basically im asking if there is a factory crossover b/w the dash speakers and the door speakers so i know if the dash speakers will work if i upgrade those as well.

any input would be great, also how difficult is it to install dash speakers?

Galant306m
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I got some pioneer dash speakers and you can definitely can hear the differance. Intalling them is really simple. Just pull the lower dash part out and mount your speakers. And yes they are 4" speakers.!

nico24vr6
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
now im assuming you have an aftermarket headunit as well and you are running all 6 speakers?

kolio
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
i had the 4" dash speakers but no door speakers

i added 6.5" door speakers and connected them to the 4" ones

i run all 6 no problem

fliegendaffe
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
think of a home theater system. adding a center channel is a world of difference.

Galant306m
04-21-2008, 11:33 PM
now im assuming you have an aftermarket headunit as well and you are running all 6 speakers?

Yea i have a Kenwood headunit running the front speakers and two tweeters. Then my rear 6x9's are ran off a 500w alpine 2ch amp and a 1000w kenwood amp running 2 10" MTX subs.

like fliegendaffe said its like home stareo adding a center speaker makes a world of differance, if you tweek them right. You should find a car audio setup cd, i have one but i forget the name of it, but they are really usefull to set everything up. I got my trebble, mid, and bass sounding as perfect to my standards as i can even though it is a personal preferance. Go to crutchfield.com and order some pioneer 4" speakers you will notice the diferance.

nico24vr6
04-21-2008, 11:56 PM
ok thanks for the information so far...

question, so lets say i install all 6 speakers and just wire in the aftermarket deck, which speakers would run? doors/ rear, dash/rear, dash/doors, dash/door/rear? This is assuming i dont wire any amplifier other than the built in one in the deck which typically is a 4 channel.

nico24vr6
04-21-2008, 11:58 PM
i had the 4" dash speakers but no door speakers

i added 6.5" door speakers and connected them to the 4" ones

i run all 6 no problem

hmm this somewhat answers my question, thanks.
any more input would be greatly appreciated.

fliegendaffe
04-22-2008, 12:04 AM
ok thanks for the information so far...

question, so lets say i install all 6 speakers and just wire in the aftermarket deck, which speakers would run? doors/ rear, dash/rear, dash/doors, dash/door/rear? This is assuming i dont wire any amplifier other than the built in one in the deck which typically is a 4 channel.

front wires = dash/doors
rear wires = rear

fliegendaffe
04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
You should find a car audio setup cd, i have one but i forget the name of it, but they are really usefull to set everything up.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PluzZwOZE88/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=700CDSET

nico24vr6
04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
front wires = dash/doors
rear wires = rear

just the answer i was looking for. thanks a lot.

and thanks a lot to everyone who contributed

fliegendaffe
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
anytime

nico24vr6
04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
ill try to get pics of the installation when the time comes...

Galant306m
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PluzZwOZE88/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=700CDSET

Thats the one that i got, but i torrented mine lol screw paying 70 bucks for some cds.

Yea the dash speakers just hook them up to the wires that are under the dash. they should already be there.

7gftw
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
just disconnect them....
4" speakers are designed for higher frequencies, which is VERY directional and your knees do not care about music.....
so instead of spending money on them get a good set of components...

kolio
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
actually the 4" ones make a diffrence i know that for a fact

Blackmm
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I had 4", 6.5 and 6x9 Kenwoods in my last car and it was amazing sounding.

nico24vr6
04-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Spent $180 and got the following

-4" JLAudio tr coax 2 way
-6.5" infinity reference coax 2way
-6x9" Pioneer 4 ways
-Alpine T220 50w x2 amp (for 6x9s)
-Kenwood KDC X589
-Kenwood ip500 (ipod module)
-knuconceptz 8 gauge amp kit

not complaining at all!

took a while to come up with all these but for $180, im pretty damn happy.

i will be putting it all in this weekend. ill try to get pics up

Galant306m
04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
just to let you know that ipod interface is a pain in the ass.! lol you have to use the scan button all the time just to make sure that you are in the right folder! i would recomend reading all 12 pages of the english instructions!

Looks like you will have a nice set up though!

nico24vr6
05-01-2008, 12:14 AM
just to let you know that ipod interface is a pain in the ass.! lol you have to use the scan button all the time just to make sure that you are in the right folder! i would recomend reading all 12 pages of the english instructions!

Looks like you will have a nice set up though!

oh i totally agree wiht you on the ipod interface haha. i tested it by hooking the deck up to a car batt and i hated it. i plan to sell the interface and just get an aux cable for it.

definitely a nice setup for the price i paid

7gftw
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
i said get a good set of components and it will sound way better than an 4'' set of speakers..... let me know when you replace your 4'' jl's with some diamond audio hex series or something nice.... (jl makes great equipment btw)

nico24vr6
05-01-2008, 02:27 AM
i said get a good set of components and it will sound way better than an 4'' set of speakers..... let me know when you replace your 4'' jl's with some diamond audio hex series or something nice.... (jl makes great equipment btw)

lol if i cared that much more about this system i probably would have considered a set of components. all the speakers were purchased together for only $30 so in terms of value, no single set of components will beat that. this is going in my gfs car of which she doesnt even care much about anyway. she just needs new speakers and a decent deck, im even starting to think that amplifying her 6x9s is overkill haha..

7gftw
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
that could be overkill haha... and btw... there are no crossovers in the car... there are small caps on the 4'' speakers themselves, the speakers are paralleled so you can hook up either pairs or even both..... the fronts will just be at 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms

Galant306m
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
oh i totally agree wiht you on the ipod interface haha. i tested it by hooking the deck up to a car batt and i hated it. i plan to sell the interface and just get an aux cable for it.

definitely a nice setup for the price i paid

i would personally keep it for the fact that you dont have to look et your ipod to change songs and that it charges so you wont run out of music on a long trip. but it is a pain to use sometimes

nico24vr6
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
that could be overkill haha... and btw... there are no crossovers in the car... there are small caps on the 4'' speakers themselves, the speakers are paralleled so you can hook up either pairs or even both..... the fronts will just be at 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms

yea i had a feeling it would be that way, fortunately i have an amp for the 6x9s so i can just run teh deck rear channel to the door speakers.

nico24vr6
05-01-2008, 11:26 PM
i would personally keep it for the fact that you dont have to look et your ipod to change songs and that it charges so you wont run out of music on a long trip. but it is a pain to use sometimes

if it were me, id probably keep it too for similar reasons but i let my gf try out hte controls of the deck to control the ipod and she hates it a lot. it is way too much effort for her and she told me that she would much rather just control it off the ipod