PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered my lowing springs and struts.

guynlidia2006
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I want to thank everyone for their imput. I was gonna try and go cheap but decided to do it right. I got the tein s lowing springs, Kyb gr2 struts, with new kyb strut mounts. I am waiting on the parts to come in, tracking says they will be here on friday. So I am goning to install on sunday. I found a good deal though here for 168 shipped on the springs. Made me happy after the shelled out alot on struts. Will post pics once i install.

spdracr
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
dude u should have gotten the kyb agx, those gr2 are stock replacement and wont last with a lowered car

RAZ_76
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Tein S-Tech + KYB GR-2 is a good set up. Thats what I have now on my daily and have had that suspension for over 1 year, still rides great. The s-Techs will only lower the ride about 1.7 Front and 1.3 Rear. Thats not enough drop to damage those struts/shocks that fast. You will be ok with that set up. Nice pick up dude, you'll like the ride.

spdracr
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Tein S-Tech + KYB GR-2 is a good set up. Thats what I have now on my daily and have had that suspension for over 1 year, still rides great. The s-Techs will only lower the ride about 1.7 Front and 1.3 Rear. Thats not enough drop to damage those struts/shocks that fast. You will be ok with that set up. Nice pick up dude, you'll like the ride.

oh i guess i learned something new

guynlidia2006
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
iF THE GR-2 WASENT A GOOD SETUP TIRE RACK WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT. i HAVE FAITH IN KYB AND KNOW THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. tHANKS RAZ... I KNOW I WILL ENJOY IT!!! i CANT WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE...

4-G-rim
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Your spring and shock/strut combo are just fine..you suspension drop will not exceed the dampening specs of the KYB GR2's. You should enjoy the better handling upgrade for the length of time a factory setup would last.

I have delt with KYB's customer service and I have to say its been great. I had to called them 2x's for some replacements parts for my AGX's on my Galant VR4 and they got me the parts with great response and promptness.

I do recommend though while you are installing the new suspension setup is to inspect your sway bar links, strut and shock mounts, and any other related suspension pieces. I would also get some "anti-seize lube" and apply it to the bolts and nuts when reinstalling. This will prevent any seizing and rust build up so when it comes for you to remove those nuts and bolts you won't have to deal with severely siezed and locked nuts and bolts breaking which is a severe pain in the rectum.

spdracr
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
iF THE GR-2 WASENT A GOOD SETUP TIRE RACK WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT. i HAVE FAITH IN KYB AND KNOW THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. tHANKS RAZ... I KNOW I WILL ENJOY IT!!! i CANT WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE...

why u gotta use caps

damm man

Serstylz2
04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I have GR-2s and all I have to say is, time for AGXs. But you will be fine with em and you'll love being dropped

guynlidia2006
04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Well all my parts are here... i must say summit and wesellcarparts dont play. I order everything monday night and had it by friday. I even got new strut mounts.

guynlidia2006
04-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Your spring and shock/strut combo are just fine..you suspension drop will not exceed the dampening specs of the KYB GR2's. You should enjoy the better handling upgrade for the length of time a factory setup would last.

I have delt with KYB's customer service and I have to say its been great. I had to called them 2x's for some replacements parts for my AGX's on my Galant VR4 and they got me the parts with great response and promptness.

I do recommend though while you are installing the new suspension setup is to inspect your sway bar links, strut and shock mounts, and any other related suspension pieces. I would also get some "anti-seize lube" and apply it to the bolts and nuts when reinstalling. This will prevent any seizing and rust build up so when it comes for you to remove those nuts and bolts you won't have to deal with severely siezed and locked nuts and bolts breaking which is a severe pain in the rectum.

yep, just asking for problems if u neglet your mounts

lKoRTy
04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I got gr2's and tein springs. enjoying them. now you need sway bars!

guynlidia2006
04-25-2008, 08:07 PM
strut bars or sway bars? U have sway bars? did it make a huge difference?

duh2150
04-26-2008, 09:00 PM
only the DE dont have a sway bar, witch i got, and i put a swaybar in there

RAZ_76
04-26-2008, 09:22 PM
The rear sway bar will be a better first upgrade then the strut tower bar. Get that first and the worrie about the strut tower bar. Here is where I bought mine. Good luck.

http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/index.php?redirect_url=http://www.shox.com/appguide/shoxshop/index

guynlidia2006
04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/guynlidia2006/lower1.jpg

my car thanks everyone here for the imput, because she is now dead sexxy

jimmy_o2
04-27-2008, 03:04 PM
nice sexy

RAZ_76
04-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Looks great! Good job.

guynlidia2006
04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
only thing i feel a slight vibration at like 25mph when i am taking off, anyone experience this?

jimmy_o2
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
i did the same setup except for the mounts n i didnt notice anything diffrent just a better ride just updating u

kylecanthurdle
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
ugh this makes me wanna take out money from savings and get my springs!!!! gah! looks friggin great man!!! just got a set of gr-2s not too long ago from 4-g-rim, how much did u spend on teh strut mounts anyway?

galant305
05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
looks very nice bro.

WhiteGalant
06-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Its funny I have a couple of friends who have hondas, and towards the end of last summer he had gotten some coilovers and installed them, he dropped the car so far that it was sitting on the big urethane bushing things so he is getting no shock movement. I remember when he got those, I wanted some too, I just wanted the car lower for better handling, but now I see that my cars handling would have been far worse, and Im glad I didnt get those. Now I just need to get together enough money to get some KYB's S-Techs and some wheels and tires.

racesnos
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
i must say i am very impressed with how it looks