PDA

View Full Version : window decal

delo
08-16-2002, 11:25 AM
i have a dark gray galant. looks exactly like my avatar with chrome rims. the windshield already has the strip of tint at the top. thinking about taking it off and putting a decal like www.thegalantcenter.com in its place. maybe in silver to go with the rims. how easy does the glue from the tint come off? anybody got a pic of theirs with a windshield decal. do yall think its a good idea. holla back

Oli97GalantES
08-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Last year, I had my car's tint stripped becasue I wanted 5% limo tint all of the way around. Anyway, I asked the guys how they removed my old tint. The sparayed all of my window's old tint with ammonia and then let it bake in the sun for 4-5 hours. After baking, the old tint was easy to remove. The said the longer you let the ammonia sink in and bake, the the less likely the are to scratch up your windows removing the old tint.
Good Luck

MitsuMan
08-16-2002, 12:08 PM
u dont need to take your tint off to put a banner on your windshield, i had a GALANT one on mine, most companies that make them design them with all weather vinyl that goes on the outside of your car. I had the tint sunshade on the inside (obviously) and the banner on the outside, if u are going to go the banner route, leave the tint and put the banner on the outside, it makes it stand out alot more, i have since removed mine, but when it was on it looked hot with the tint behind it....this is just my opinion though, plus it saves you ALOT of aggravation og having to remove the tint.....

dean

delo
08-16-2002, 12:20 PM
that could be the way to go.

smonijhay
08-16-2002, 01:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oli97GalantES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Last year, I had my car's tint stripped becasue I wanted 5% limo tint all of the way around. Â*Anyway, I asked the guys how they removed my old tint. Â*The sparayed all of my window's old tint with ammonia and then let it bake in the sun for 4-5 hours. Â*After baking, the old tint was easy to remove. Â*The said the longer you let the ammonia sink in and bake, the the less likely the are to scratch up your windows removing the old tint.
Good Luck</div>

Just curious..... where are you from that you can have 5% tint all around legally. In MI they have this weird law where your front windows can't be tinted 4in from the top and the rest has to be 35%. The back (in theory) can be as dark as you want. :?: :?: :?:

NYchulo3
08-16-2002, 10:34 PM
yeah, definitely just put the vinyl banner over the tint strip. I currently have that on my car and it looks hot. makes the banner stand out more!

dre24k
08-17-2002, 01:50 PM
I've never heard of taking off tint to put up a decal
Don't all decal go on the outside anyway

BEAST
11-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Where can I get a www.TheGalantCenter.com windshield banner?

seth98esT
11-11-2002, 08:31 PM
heres my plain ole windshield banner(vynl sticker) i bought for $10 from my local print shop

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p051940d6bf14af9a0ae3587281d03d95/fd0e0050.jpg

BEAST
11-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Am I gonna have to have one custom made from velocity graffix or modern image?

2True
11-12-2002, 11:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Am I gonna have to have one custom made from velocity graffix or modern image?</div>

As far as I know.... YES.

Tried the banner TGC thing awhile back, not enough interest I guess. The only one's we have are the diamond emblems you can buy from Maria (poloprincess). They go on the rear quarter window usually.

delo
11-13-2002, 12:20 PM
forget my first post. must have been high or something. of course the banners go on the outside. got the small tgc decals from poloprincess that go on the side quarter windows. they look hot. thanks again polo. got the idea from chrome galant.

BEAST
11-13-2002, 01:26 PM
how much were they? Should I just e-mail her? Got that address anyone. Thanks.

2True
11-13-2002, 07:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much were they? Â*Should I just e-mail her? Â*Got that address anyone. Â*Thanks.</div>

Just send her a PM, she's pretty good at getting back to you :wink:

Definately worth the 3 bucks..